Winter Kerbol 2016-1. Eeloo Pines, Frozen Kerbin, Festive Jool, and More!

Whirligig Girl

WINTER KERBOL 2016

FULL ALBUM HERE

QjkG2yV.png

EaHgWnt.png

cjF0W3k.png

Download at Spacedock, and Merry Solstice.

• Kerbin is covered in snow.
  • Jool is given a festive texture of Red and Green (Also included is a texture for a Red and Gold variant, as well as the legacy texture from last year.)
  • Eve is covered in Hot Chocolate oceans.
  • Laythe is covered in Egg Nog or Milk, depending on which scientist you ask.
  • Eeloo is covered in pine trees.
  • Four Flags recolored from stock designs.
  • Santa and Elf Space Suits for TextureReplacer.
  • Requires TextureReplacer and Kopernicus.
Edited by GregroxMun

On 12/10/2016 at 10:58 AM, nascarlaser1 said:

"Eeloo is covered in pine trees."

How exactly do pine tree live without soil and oxygen??

fun pack btw.

There's a terrific article about pure ice soil trees here. The article by Dr. Astley outlines the following points:

• Analysis of some evergreen species have shown that some may be able to survive in a vacuum.
  • Lifting the plants off of Earth can be accomplished with simple rocket motors.
  • Sometimes a plant species that originated as an underwater chemosynthesizing creature might surface and begin photosynthesis.
  • Original plant life on the surface of Europa or Pluto is extremely unlikely.
  • Too much nutrients in the soil is never a good thing.
  • Heavenly bodies such as Pluto and Europa might have nutrients in their icy crusts.
  • Extreme amounts of cold don't work very nice for planets, so they need to exist on tidally or stellarly warmed bodies.
  • Generally we can expect that most trees will die.
  • Additionally, most trees need liquid water as well, so they will need to be on thin-crusted ice planets.
  • Meltwater can suffice if the plant can warm up the ice on its own.
  • Except of course if you read only the first letters of each of the bullet points.
Edited by GregroxMun

17 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

There's a terrific article about pure ice soil trees here. The article by Dr. Astley outlines the following points:

• Analysis of some evergreen species have shown that some may be able to survive in a vacuum.
  • Lifting the plants off of Earth can be accomplished with simple rocket motors.
  • Sometimes a plant species that originated as an underwater chemosynthesizing creature might surface and begin photosynthesis.
  • Heavenly bodies such as Pluto and Europa might have nutrients in their icy crusts.
  • Extreme amounts of cold don't work very nice for planets, so they need to exist on tidally or stellarly warmed bodies.
  • Additionally, most trees need liquid water as well, so they will need to be on thin-crusted ice planets.
  • Except of course if you read only the first letters of each of the bullet points.

damn I think I lost

Edited by Sigma88

21 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

huh.... I never actually expected a serious response.. thanks though!

On 12/19/2016 at 9:40 PM, EnriqueBNew said:

Hi, i'm EnriqueB, only thing is that I changed my computer and lost my original profile. And, I think the only thing that is missing is a chocolate chip cookie Tylo,

as Tylo has a ruggerized terrain with some craters :).

Tylo is a candidate for next year's Gingerbread Moon, but Gilly will be the cookie.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.