(Drop Support)[1.6.1] Real Time Clock 2 [v1.11] (29 Jan 2019)

Li0n

Real Time Clock 2

X1bTgFi.gif

Back in 0.21 days @Jarcikon made a little plugin that display the (real) time in KSP, I asked and he let me take over his work, so here is the new version : Real Time Clock 2.

The clock is visible in the KSC view, the VAB, the SPH, the Tracking Station, in flight and, if you own the Making History DLC, in the Mission Builder.

You can drag wherever you want, its position is saved per scene.

In the settings menu you can choose and which scene it should be active and if you want to use 24h format or am/pm.

settings_menu.png

DOWNLOADS for KSP 1.4.3 :

Previous KSP version :

Sources

License is GPL3

Most of the credit go to @Jarcikon for creating the original Real Time Clock and to @Starbeamrainbowlabs for giving me the idea to update it.

Original read-me by Jarcikon :

Spoiler

KSP Real-Time Clock
Author: Jarcikon

Don't miss another job interview designing rockets! This plugin simply shows the real local time in a draggable window. Right click on the window to toggle between 12-hour and 24-hour format. The time only appears when you are in the editor (VAB or SPH) or in flight. Separate window positions are saved for the editor vs in-flight.

INSTALLATION:
==========================
1) Copy Plugins/KSPClock.dll to the Plugins folder of your KSP Installation
2) Restart KSP and open the VAB/SPH or start a flight!

VERSION HISTORY:
==========================
8/23/13 - V1.2 - Bug fix for config file not always saving. Removed "Unit Test." Added right click for 24-hour mode toggle

8/20/13 - V1.1 - Updated for KSP 0.21

4/29/13 - V1.0 - Initial Release

Source code is free to use for non-commercial purposes under GPL3.

Edited by Li0n

43 minutes ago, Starbeamrainbowlabs said:

Thanks so much for updating this mod - I find it really useful :D

Do you install it manually, or is it available via CKAN?

You're welcome. Just manual for the moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! 

This is my first post on the forum, been playing KSP for years. I have been having a crazy time going trying to get a modded setup working across a couple installs, with all the mod selection in the world. After going back and forth with CKAN over the last few days, I believe I can confirm that your mod is having an incompatibility with Advanced Fly By Wire, which is core to the experience I'm going for since I'm using a PS2 Ace Combat HOTAS. :)

I went through a very careful routine of installing mods, testing, installing mods, and checking to see if the control mod still works, and the configuration panel doesnt render(Blank Window) if RTC2 is installed. Also RTC2's small display disappears when you have the AFBW window open. 

I am aware that this may not be any fault of yours, and may instead be something wrong with AFBW, since it's not up to date. I just wanted to send you a heads up because I finally found the cause of my frustrations!

(I like your mod btw, I will be happy to reinstall later when 1.2.2 isn't the wasteland of bugs where some unupdated mods are concerned!) 

Thanks!

@Jezzick thanks for the report. I've already see this behavior with an other mod I develop, Antenna Helper, and I thought it was the faulty one as it is very WIP and the code is a mess. So it is very likely the error is on my side and not on AFBW.

I'll take a look, if I have time, next week. Only workaround for now is to disable RCT in the scene where you need AFBW's window, look at the setting file in "GameData/RealTimeClock2/PluginData/Settings.cfg"

@Jezzick I think I find the bug. But I haven't find a version of AFBW that work on KSP 1.2.2, could you point to a link for it ? Or just try this version of Real Time Clock 2 and report how it goes.

I have tested with Antenna Helper, which expose the same bug (I think), and it is working. I'm waiting for you to confirm before I push a new release.

• 2 months later...

Real Time Clock 2 v1.4

* Recompile for KSP 1.3.0
* Fix incompatibility with Advanced Fly By Wire (most likely)

Available on SpaceDock and GitHub.

I now use a random 6 digits number for the window id, I think it will fix the incompatibility with Advanced Fly By Wire. The odds for two mods to use the same id number is now one on a million (no those won't happen nine times out of ten :D )

Thanks for this useful and effective mod. I spend way too much time playing KSP and this helps me maintain awareness so that I can get to bed and make it to work in the morning.

3 hours ago, NSEP said:

Nice! Usefull, does it work in RSS with the Earth time?

It will work with any solar system / KSP time display. The time comes from your system clock (Windows, MacOs...), it has nothing to do with KSP's clock.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Real Time Clock 2 v1.7 is up on GitHub. SpaceDock and CKAN will catch up soon

(and there is something new this time :wink: )

* clock available in the Mission Builder
* use 24/12h format and enable per scene settings now available in the game's settings menu
* except for the Mission Builder, this one still in GameData/RealTimeClock2/PluginData/Settings.cfg
* always use bold font
* remove ability to right click on the clock to switch between 24/12h format, use the setting menu instead
* recompile for KSP 1.4.1

Edited by Li0n

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...