Stuck on loading screen /mk2InLineInternal

I recently installed the game on my 13" Macbook Pro early 2015, and whenever I run the game it seems to load fine. It gets to the end – says "Squad/Spaces/mk2InlineInternal/Internal/mk2InlineInternal" – and remains stuck there.

I am running the latest version of macOS Sierra, and I could not find any solutions to this problem, although there does seem to be a similar one where it got stuck on assets earlier in the loading sequence.

Edited by rico.

3 minutes ago, Gianni1122 said:

If you're on Steam, "verify" you KSP files.

This might help:

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/7499

I did try this (1file failed), didn't work; I re-installed, tried again, verified again, again 1 file failed the verification; game still was stuck at the same point every time. 

I will try the link you sent, looks promising thanks!

Edited by rico.

• 2 months later...

Hi @rico., the log says there is an access violation on a file path, i.e. something else is accessing the KSP files, this should not happen.

Please try closing all other programs and add the Steam common directory to your antivirus exclusions list if you have an antivirus program.

If the issue continues use the Steam client to browse your local files, delete all of the KSP files and reinstall it, as uninstalling via Steam can leave files behind.

On 24/2/2017 at 4:12 AM, sal_vager said:

Hi @rico., the log says there is an access violation on a file path, i.e. something else is accessing the KSP files, this should not happen.

Please try closing all other programs and add the Steam common directory to your antivirus exclusions list if you have an antivirus program.

If the issue continues use the Steam client to browse your local files, delete all of the KSP files and reinstall it, as uninstalling via Steam can leave files behind.

Thanks for all your help but this too did not work; I did find a work around as KSP seems to work fine in bootcamp. I appreciate all your help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.