A mapping satellite i made!

SpaceFanatic10

Soooo,i made this mapping satellite,and i want to share it with the whole KSP community!

The satellite:

0aHcjmC.png

The rocket: (feel free to copy the satellite and the rocket,but dont forget to give credit)

7UAk0HF.jpg

Launch in 3..2..1

5Pm0gWZ.png

LIFTOFF!

waTB3Jv.png

SPACE!

EFawcu2.png

LATER...

WOf107d.png

Yaaay,a successful orbit!

Bprs4wp.png

Look how much ore there is!

Just a quick tip, you might want to try a shallower ascent next time.  You should (ideally) have a AP of ~80km with a fairly circular trajectory that wraps most of the way around the planet (you might even see some PE before you start to circularize).  It takes WAY less fuel to launch a shallower trajectory then blasting upwardsish and then circularizing for a very long time.

If gravity turn (the mod) still works, grab it and do at least one launch to see the difference.  I still can't match GTs launch trajectory, but I try to.  My dream is to get to orbit on one burn, like John Glenn's flight in Mercury. Still trying.

11 hours ago, panzer1b said:

Just a quick tip, you might want to try a shallower ascent next time.  You should (ideally) have a AP of ~80km with a fairly circular trajectory that wraps most of the way around the planet (you might even see some PE before you start to circularize).  It takes WAY less fuel to launch a shallower trajectory then blasting upwardsish and then circularizing for a very long time.

but,if i want to scan a planet,moon,it says i should have a 90-80 inclination orbit! Dont you see?

9 hours ago, Deddly said:

Nice job with the rocket, @SpaceFanatic10.

Feels more like a mission remort than "General Discussion" about KSP, so I moved the thread. Hope you don't mind!

nah,i dont mind,its okay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.