Welcome to Gael - a Galileo's Planet Pack Career mode game

Nobody6

Hello and welcome to my second career mode play-through (which will run in parallel if I find the time for any).

This is Gael, the Kerbal's home in GPP (Galileo's Planet Pack). The planet is the same size as Kerbin, but pretty much everything else is bigger or more complicated in this modpack. To up the game a little more I'm also using remote tech in this game (because I wanted to know how it works in conjunction with KSP's own kerbnet) and the engineering tech tree. I will also have to pay for the research cost of every part I want to use.

In this first episode I fight a bit with the mods until I make them work. I then proceed with a few launches to fulfill contracts to proceed from out starting tech. Turn out one can make a Stayaputnik go surprisingly far, while only using Sepratrons - our only available forms of control and propulsion.

• 2 weeks later...

As a gift at the end of the year I present you episode 2!

My skills have apparently become quite rusty which causes quite a few mishaps and explosions. Although the unusual selection of available parts probably doesn't help either.

Happy holidays!

• 2 months later...

Hello, and welcome back to Gael!

I start were I left of - doing some contracts. And while I do manage to put most of them into the same rocket I fail at doing more than 1 at a time - guess it shows, that I haven't played for 3 months?

At least I got some odd locking vehicles out of it and I also put my very first rocket into Gael orbit - only to loose control immediately.

I case you're wondering: for the remainder of this playthrough the version of the game and all mods are frozen. I won't even attempted to update them anymore. I don't want to risk breaking things.

• 4 weeks later...

After those funny missions are done, we proceed with some proper contracts. We have offers for making a radar map and setting up a communications-network. Let's do these two at same time, shall we?

Of course at this point the more skilled players will notice that these two contracts require largely different orbits and cannot be done simultaneously. Oh well, can't hut to have a polar orbiting repeater, right?

Any useful ideas about what to do with that capacitor thing?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.