Wolfair corp.

84NoqeC.jpg

AoA Technologies Development Thread

Changelog:

v.1.4.1
- Fixed JSIVariableAnimator error
- Added crew reports where missing
- Tested in 1.4.5, should work in 1.5.1
Known bugs: Cobra MKII, Combat Dragon II and Super Tucano cockpits are missing hatches.

v.1.4 "Alpha Strike"
- Configuring, testing, etc.
- NEW COCKPIT! Su-57 cockpit, internals still pending.
- Heavy bugfixing (Including engine starting by itself).

v.1.3.9.1
- Minor bugfixing before major update at christmas
- 1.2 support discontinued. Version still availaible
- 1.3.1 supported
- Curse discontinued
v. 1.3.9 "Low Pass"
- Updated for 1.3
- New fin texture
- New internals
- Some new textures
- New engine FX

v. 1.3.8 "Mach 1"
- Everything works

v. 1.3.8 pre
- Bugfixing
- New interior for Tucano cockpit
- New Bronco cockpit
- New FlyPit
- Messing with props
- New agency logo, more intuitive

v. 1.3.7 "Afterburning"
- New Afterburning engine FX
- Fixed Falken RCS bug
- MiniAVC compatibility
- Changed Tech Required for some stuff
- Full compatibility with 1.2.2

v.1.3.6 "Sonic"
- Minor bugfixes (Internal transmitter, BD Armory compatibility, and other misc stuff)
- Custom ScienceDefs : Electronic report to replace crew report on drones
- New AoA Technologies Agency
- Hawk cockpit FLIR ball working.
- Fixed not showing & textures bugs

Requirements

RasterPropMonitor

Aset Props & Avionics (Included on cKan/Spacedock)

Firespitter & ModuleManager Plugins

(These are bundled in a lot of mods, check if you already have their latest versions in your GameData folder)

Credits to @nli2work for props used. Licensed under CC-BY.

Thanks to @linuxgurugamer and @gomker for helping me with latest release's bugfixing

DOWNLOADS

Github (Dependencies Included) 

Also available via cKan

>FOR 1.2.X (Discontinued) CLICK HERE<

Get old KU34 texture here. Delete the old folder and replace.

Source

I and martinezfg11 are open to suggestions

Album

Hope you enjoy it.

=> @martinezfg11 Is still working on the mod.

Licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0

Cc-by-nc-sa_icon.svg.png

Parts:

(coming soon)

Edited by Wolfair corp.
update

I moved the Tucano to an earlier tech tree node to have it available in my early career game, slapped together a rough lookalike of the real plane, and I just fell in love with the result. Instantly one of the nicest flying things I have. Not too overpowered either, max speed with a good amount of fuel was "only" a bit over 150 m/s, which by chance seems to be on par with the real Super Tucano. Awesome stuff! My SXT Bonanza-lookalike now has a serious contender for the barnstorming missions. :D This doesn't have any IVA yet, right? Any plans or even a possible ETA for that one, @martinezfg11? I'd love to see this one fleshed out.

If you're doing more tweaks while maintaining, @Wolfair corp., I have a couple of tech tree suggestions: move the Tucano to Aviation or Aerodynamics and push the Hornet to Supersonic perhaps, the latter looks quite out of place amongst mostly prop plane stuff. The drones too become available quite early on compared to how advanced they are, and since they use the Mk2 cross section, maybe put them in a later node too, Specialized Control for example.

Also, I got the science gathering mission asking for the new electronic reports around the KSC. I'm not sure if that's intended behaviour or not but that requirement might become problematic in some other instance. It's probably fine though. I just went ahead and built a rover with a scaled down Falken. :)

Edited by BureauJaeger

I made that, I'll upload new files on different servers later. To have access, go on Github link and download "Source Code.zip"

I fixed the problems with Falken RCS (Old files didn't delete).

What do you mean by:

40 minutes ago, BureauJaeger said:

but that requirement might become problematic in some other instance

4 minutes ago, Wolfair corp. said:

I made that, I'll upload new files on different servers later. To have access, go on Github link and download "Source Code.zip"

I fixed the problems with Falken RCS (Old files didn't delete).

What do you mean by:

Cool! What I meant by that is seeing as the drone cockpits are the only ones capable of performing the electronic report right now, it can be challenging to complete some of the randomized field research missions when you need to bring one of those to fulfill the experiment. They are big parts after all, compared to regular science experiments at least. Basically not an insurmountable challenge but a somewhat limiting thing.

Yes, maybe. On the other hand I do quite like that it gives the drones a unique capability and purpose. Alternatively, what if you limit the experiment to be only valid in flight or in space and rule out 'landed', or 'splashed down' for that matter. Would that be a better solution? Or worse? Or possible at all? :D

Edited by BureauJaeger

• 3 weeks later...

This is blocked on ckan due to a dependency.  CKAN had a hiccup which was fixed.  I think the dependency was KAX. Which I updated yesterday, so I'll check again.

Still missing another dependency:

Module ASETProps required but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.
Edited by linuxgurugamer

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is blocked on ckan due to a dependency.  CKAN had a hiccup which was fixed.  I think the dependency was KAX. Which I updated yesterday, so I'll check again.

Still missing another dependency:

Module ASETProps required but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.

ASETProps hasn't been available via CKAN ever since KerbalStuff went down!

there is a working version here (not mine, I found this on the ASET props thread):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9ngxq9l925lsu6/ASET_Props.zip?dl=0

@Wolfair corp. can include this in his mod and get the ASET dependency removed from CKAN.  The license allows it (CC-BY-NC-SA).  Otherwise you will have to install this by hand.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.