[1.5.1] AoA Technologies - Maintenance & Development thread

Wolfair corp.

• 3 weeks later...

@Wolfair corp. There are some pending BDA updates that will change a few things. You mind if I just send you some of the fixes or we can talk through them if you prefer.

The TLDR; is the radars need updating and some bullet configs, nothing big

Edit// I just saw the github, I will do a PR for ya

Edited by gomker

57 minutes ago, Wolfair corp. said:

I dont think I have the modelling skill yet to create new parts, and I don't have ideas. This part belongs for now to @martinezfg11.

Anyway, I'm quite occupied with updating the mod.

or how about make cockpit for Sukhoi PAK FA, the best russian's jet fighter for now Pleaseee ;.;

@martinezfg11 Sir can you make cockpit for Sukhoi PAK FA ?

47 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

That means adding DCK support for it will involve custom textures if it is released ... unfortunate

Well this can be remedied quite easily. I don't have KSP loaded ATM and am out of the loop with mods, so do tell, what is DCK? 

Edit: NVM I googled it. Looks pretty cool.

Edited by martinezfg11

1 hour ago, martinezfg11 said:

Well this can be remedied quite easily. I don't have KSP loaded ATM and am out of the loop with mods, so do tell, what is DCK? 

Edit: NVM I googled it. Looks pretty cool.

Thanx ... I'v been trying to include as many part mods as I can (13 so far with additional DCK support for most of @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s mods ... brings it to 18 or so supported mods)

The issue I have been finding is that there are many part mods that have a single mesh for each part and when the part in question has windows or a canopy it forces me to make a custom texture for each of the 42 camo/colors in DCK ... Airplane Plus for example is set up but is made as an add on to DCK since I had to make 42 custom textures for 11 cockpits due to the parts not having the windows as a separate mesh (DCK AP+ is 40 mb due to this)

This doesn't only affect just DCK as both Firespitter and IFS will experience the same deal as well as the other texturing mods out there

Now I'm not saying that you must accomodate me (or anyone else for that matter) .... I asked so that I am aware of how you are building your models so I know what I am getting into when I eventually get asked to include DCK suppirt for your models

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Why not making a single png texture and put transparency where the camo needs to be?

DCK doesn't work like that .... There needs to be a separate .dds for each pattern (which are already done) but in order to texture a part with windows or a canopy the windows/canopy needs to have a distinct mesh name otherwise you need to take the stock texture of the part, copy the windows/canopy and paste them in the exact same spot on the new texture for each texture in DCK (42 different textures means 42 .dds files)

There is no way around this other than the modeller making the windows/canopy have a separate mesh name from the body in the model

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.