[1.4.1] Take Command Continued- Launch Kerbals in External Command Seats

linuxgurugamer

54 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Flag?  Meaning, to plant a flag?

Yes. The command seat allows one flag planting, whereas a pod boarding resets this feature. I looked through the pod cfg and nothibg jumped out as resetting the plant flag. Looking to make a small hopper to tag anomolies.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2017 at 7:45 AM, swjr-swis said:

I don't claim to understand why they made that change to the game, especially since it used to work fine before - I built and used a heap of craft with closed fairings over the years. But Kerbals (and parts) exploding inside a closed faring is a very new thing. That's why this particular interaction with Take Command has only become evident now - the (game) problem simply did not exist before.

I have this problem on 1.2.2, if I have kerbals on external seats inside a fairing, as soon as the vessel spawns, they will spaghetify and eventually explode :-(.
If there's no way to fix it I guess I'll have to give up the idea of sending tourists into orbit in an X-37B... 

2 hours ago, mbound said:

I have this problem on 1.2.2, if I have kerbals on external seats inside a fairing, as soon as the vessel spawns, they will spaghetify and eventually explode :-(.
If there's no way to fix it I guess I'll have to give up the idea of sending tourists into orbit in an X-37B... 

Stock bug, sorry

Running into issue where after first spawn successful into command seat (or nearby) from SPH, and recovery, subsequent spawns are not taking place (no kerbal appears). Appears to be consistent.

I tried spawning these guys in this craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wxp6v4sos9fll8/KerbAir.craft?dl=0

jq2ajqO.jpg

but get this:

V6k9jyh.jpg

maybe something wrong here in the log?

A3gCgZI.jpg

on reload of KSP 1.4.1 and try again only one Kerbal loads (Lupont Kerman):

gKjVDS0.jpg

Edited by inigma

8 minutes ago, inigma said:

Running into issue where after first spawn successful into command seat (or nearby) from SPH, and recovery, subsequent spawns are not taking place (no kerbal appears). Appears to be consistent.

I tried spawning these guys:

but get this:

maybe something wrong here in the log?

I have no idea, that log is unreadable, please post a link to the output_log.txt

is this 1.4.1 or 1.3.1?

A copy of the craft file would also be useful

I updated my post above with link to craft file.  Where do I get output_log txt?  Is it in KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt? If so, no such log exists, even with KSP 1.4.1 debug logging options set to flush output to disk.

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ive been able to reproduce  it, but for future reference, read the post in my sig.

FYI, it happens  with a single  seat

Ya I was noticing it happening with a single seat as well.

Thanks for the info. I also updated 

On 3/17/2018 at 10:51 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Stock bug, sorry

Yeah sure, and it's not a big deal, managed to get around it by just using non-stock fairings :-).
Thanks for the amazing work in maintaining this and many other mods!!  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, i like pizza said:

This doesn't work for 1.4.3.

Its amazing the total lack of reading that goes on.  In the posts right above yours, it specifically says there are problems.

I dont consider this a critical mod, so the bugs will wait until I finish with some other work

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly enough, it has been sporadically *working* for me in 1.4.3, along with Kerbal Construction Time, which it wasn't supposed to be compatible with. ;) Some other combination of updates or shenanigans has caused kerbals to spawn missing (but do get recovered).

I'll make a point of grabbing a log right after launching a craft with control seat only and linking it if it's helpful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.