[1.4.1] Take Command Continued- Launch Kerbals in External Command Seats

linuxgurugamer

Okay -- insta-test with @NESD's Mk1 Open Cockpit:

KSP 1.5 does *not* recognize it as a command seat/fill with pilots in the VAB/SPH.

Could Take Command Continued still serve as a "recognize this part as a command seat" set of configs for MM for lots of seats like the MK1 Open,  Kerbonov,  USI Explorer, SXT, etc.?

11 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Okay -- insta-test with @NESD's Mk1 Open Cockpit:

KSP 1.5 does *not* recognize it as a command seat/fill with pilots in the VAB/SPH.

Could Take Command Continued still serve as a "recognize this part as a command seat" set of configs for MM for lots of seats like the MK1 Open,  Kerbonov,  USI Explorer, SXT, etc.?

It's probably a config file change.  Take a look at the config files for the two parts, see if you can identify any differences

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's probably a config file change.  Take a look at the config files for the two parts, see if you can identify any differences

Well, this is clever. 

The stock externalCommandSeat.cfg now has a single new line in the PART declaration:

CrewCapacity = 1

Added that to the MK1 Open and it worked like a charm.

Now all we need is a series of MM patches for other seats. Currently active mods can just add it, but older stuff like the Kerbonov heavy seat will likely need a custom patch.

Any notion that TCC would "devolve" into this supporting role, or just sunset as a mod altogether?

Edited by Beetlecat

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

Well, this is clever. 

The stock externalCommandSeat.cfg now has a single new line in the PART declaration:

CrewCapacity = 1

Added that to the MK1 Open and it worked like a charm.

Now all we need is a series of MM patches for other seats. Currently active mods can just add it, but older stuff like the Kerbonov heavy seat will likely need a custom patch.

Any notion that TCC would "devolve" into this supporting role, or just sunset as a mod altogether?

Nope.  I expect that mods will get updated with this new line, I do not expect to continue this mod.  It is being retired.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope.  I expect that mods will get updated with this new line, I do not expect to continue this mod.  It is being retired.

On behalf of everybody (including myself) that has used this mod, we all thank you for your time to keep it running.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, GDJ said:

On behalf of everybody (including myself) that has used this mod, we all thank you for your time to keep it running.

This. I know it's not really needed anymore with the stock changes, but it's always a little sad to see an old mod go to pasture. Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2018 at 4:39 AM, vardicd said:

This. I know it's not really needed anymore with the stock changes, but it's always a little sad to see an old mod go to pasture. Thanks

Let's be honest, it's the best reason a mod could ever be retired for, to be incorporated into stock. It's certainly an exclusive club and thanks to LGG for maintaining it until it made it... O7

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.