linuxgurugamer

[1.4.1] Take Command Continued- Launch Kerbals in External Command Seats

Recommended Posts

Okay -- insta-test with @NESD's Mk1 Open Cockpit:

KSP 1.5 does *not* recognize it as a command seat/fill with pilots in the VAB/SPH.

Could Take Command Continued still serve as a "recognize this part as a command seat" set of configs for MM for lots of seats like the MK1 Open,  Kerbonov,  USI Explorer, SXT, etc.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Okay -- insta-test with @NESD's Mk1 Open Cockpit:

KSP 1.5 does *not* recognize it as a command seat/fill with pilots in the VAB/SPH.

Could Take Command Continued still serve as a "recognize this part as a command seat" set of configs for MM for lots of seats like the MK1 Open,  Kerbonov,  USI Explorer, SXT, etc.?

It's probably a config file change.  Take a look at the config files for the two parts, see if you can identify any differences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's probably a config file change.  Take a look at the config files for the two parts, see if you can identify any differences

Well, this is clever. 

The stock externalCommandSeat.cfg now has a single new line in the PART declaration:

CrewCapacity = 1

Added that to the MK1 Open and it worked like a charm.

Now all we need is a series of MM patches for other seats. Currently active mods can just add it, but older stuff like the Kerbonov heavy seat will likely need a custom patch.

Any notion that TCC would "devolve" into this supporting role, or just sunset as a mod altogether?

 

Edited by Beetlecat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

Well, this is clever. 

The stock externalCommandSeat.cfg now has a single new line in the PART declaration:


CrewCapacity = 1

Added that to the MK1 Open and it worked like a charm.

Now all we need is a series of MM patches for other seats. Currently active mods can just add it, but older stuff like the Kerbonov heavy seat will likely need a custom patch.

Any notion that TCC would "devolve" into this supporting role, or just sunset as a mod altogether?

 

Nope.  I expect that mods will get updated with this new line, I do not expect to continue this mod.  It is being retired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope.  I expect that mods will get updated with this new line, I do not expect to continue this mod.  It is being retired.

On behalf of everybody (including myself) that has used this mod, we all thank you for your time to keep it running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, GDJ said:

On behalf of everybody (including myself) that has used this mod, we all thank you for your time to keep it running.

This. I know it's not really needed anymore with the stock changes, but it's always a little sad to see an old mod go to pasture. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 8:39 PM, vardicd said:

This. I know it's not really needed anymore with the stock changes, but it's always a little sad to see an old mod go to pasture. Thanks

<salutes>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 4:39 AM, vardicd said:

This. I know it's not really needed anymore with the stock changes, but it's always a little sad to see an old mod go to pasture. Thanks

Let's be honest, it's the best reason a mod could ever be retired for, to be incorporated into stock. It's certainly an exclusive club and thanks to LGG for maintaining it until it made it... O7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.