Music Thread

legoclone09

Heh, heh...:D

Currently finishing up opening for Red Hot Chili Peppers on the UK leg of their tour, soon opening for Guns N' Roses in Japan, and opening for Metallica in Seoul, South Korea January 17th.  Recently sold out two consecutive nights headlining Tokyo Dome at 55,000 capacity per night.

Edited by MaxxQ

3 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Not usually a big fan of metal, but damn... If I ever become a history teacher these guys are going into my curriculum whether the school staff wants it or not.

History?  You want history?

The French Revolution:

The band is Canadian - close enough to the French :wink:

Development of the atomic bomb:

Yeah, kinda an anti-nuke song.  This was from the mid 1980's near the end of the cold war.

The Holocaust:

Geddy's (the singer and bass player) parents were concentration camp survivors.

The first launch of the space shuttle:

They were invited to the first launch of Columbia.  First launch attempt was scrubbed, they had to rush off (no pun intended) to do a show that night, then came back the next day for the actual launch.

Right now I'm barrelling across dunas lowlands at 120km/h, listening to classic pirate metal. Amusing, goes well with rum... Probably not at all historically accurate though. :P 

Edited by steve_v

A few years ago I had the privilege to see them live on stage at the Parkpop festival in The Hague. They may not be the best musically but their performance life on stage is without equal. The Memphis Maniacs are the undisputed "Masters of the Mash-Up". If you ever get the chance to see them ... Go! You will NOT be disappointed. One moment you'll be singing along with an 80's classic, the next you'll be headbanging. And without even realizing you'll be jumping around on some happy hardcore.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MemphisManiacs

Edited by Tex_NL
typo

Heh... just came up on my iTunes, and it's one I forgot from my Rush history lesson:

Although I suppose it's not really a history lesson as it is more a statement on the condition of America back in the mid-seventies when it was released.  Seems a bit more apropo nowadays than it did back then...

And just because I love Cristina Scabbia's voice:

And an acoustic version, in case metal isn't your thing:

Today's theme from me is anime.

Yui, Again, from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood:

Origa (ft. Ben del Maestro), Inner Universe, from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex:

Also Origa, Rise, from Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2ng Gig:

Sadly, 2016 has been a bad year for losing music artists - Bowie, Prince, and others.  We also lost Origa, at the young age of 46, in January.  An absolutely wonderful voice.

Last video for this post.

Anna Tsuchiya, Rose, from Nana:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.