Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

That would actually be a very good feature. I think a lot of console players would appreciate that.

Agreed. The use of a keyboard is what made me go away from PC gaming back in the day but I think there are just too many controls for KSP to reasonably limit to a controller. Manageable but I find myself hitting the wrong button quite often.

10 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

We are currently working to bring Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2. - Loud and Clear! as a free update for console versions, allowing players to enjoy the game at its fullest. We are working hand in hand with BlitWorks, who specialize in optimizing PC games for consoles and have worked on several hit independent games for several platforms. We’re thrilled about our collaboration and we’re certain that our conjoint efforts will bear the fruits we are hoping for.

I don't play on console, but thanks for communicating well with those who do. Blitworks looks like a much better choice of porting partner based on their web site. It sounds like SQUAD will be more actively involved in the port this time, which is also a good sign.

10 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

As always, we want to extend our immense gratitude to all of you for your understanding and support, we are certain you will enjoy this update of KSP for consoles. We will be giving regular updates regarding the development of these new ports in KSP Weekly.

The plan of regular updates is particularly encouraging. It's a shame that you had to spend however many weeks getting out of and into contracts, which understandably would have been difficult to communicate about; I can't imagine reading a dev note like, "Good news, we met with our lawyers again this week, and they said..."

12 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Moreover, we are also very happy to announce, that with this update's launch, the PS4 port will be made available in Europe, too!

Sorry for asking but does this mean that currently its not possible to buy KSP for PS4 in Europe (I don't have a console)? I am thinking about getting it for my nephew, but I didn't know about this.

Thanks for the update  @SQUAD.  It was a long time coming but the silence is understandable whenever legal matters are involved.  I am EXTREMELY happy to see flying tiger (not capitalized out of intentional disrespect) finally get the boot.  They took an amazing game and destroyed it with their incompetence.  Thanks for not giving up on us console players even though, I am sure, dealing with ft was a MAJOR pain in the rumpus.  I gained a lot of respect for @SQUAD with this news.  They totally could have just said "flying tiger screwed the pooch, so console is dead forever." but they didn't give up.  Thanks Squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :D    Just make sure to deliver (which I have no doubt that you will).

14 hours ago, Dman979 said:

That seems silly.

It's a video game. It's all silly.

Nicely done, Squad. Here's hoping take two works better than take one.

And just to everybody else, "Early Next Year" does not mean "January 3rd." It could mean anything to "first quarter" to "first half" to "before fall." As I said in another thread, changing boats mid-stream is not a recipe for quickness in updates.

Not that staying in the same sinking boat is better, mind. It just may take more time than you want it to.

6 minutes ago, mibo22 said:

Come on, was this really necessary?

Nah it wasn't. I was just a little ticked off. It made me really angry when they criticized the game and devs because of the console version. I'll remove that bit.

Fire

6 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

It made me really angry when they criticized the game and devs because of the console version.

The critics were (and are as of today) justified. You can't blame FTE for everything, Squad handled the port poorly on their side.

1 hour ago, Monkey-CH said:

What does this mean to our save games? Will we loose it again on this patch? So we better stopp playing and wait for the new update sometime next year? Now, I will do this anyway.

On the PC version, they have been careful to avoid breaking save games when upgrading, so I expect the same will be the case on the console version.

Any new features that could negatively affect an existing game(comm network for example) are off by default in older saves for example.

15 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Nah it wasn't. I was just a little ticked off. It made me really angry when they criticized the game and devs because of the console version. I'll remove that bit.

Fire

Thanks for that.  And I completely understand your frustration and agree that it wasn't cool ripping on the game and Squad devs for flying tigers incompetence.

I am realy happy for KSP on PS4 in EU cause I was hurt greatly after FLying Tiger fail to deliver it to EU and canceled EU release day before release date but now I am worried again...

Problem is that New games to get certificate and be released on PSN after November 10th 2016 must have Playstation Pro support,  US version was released before so no need to be updated to Pro but as new game in EU game need support PS Pro without it you might again cancel release for another year in EU and that will be devastating for me :(

Nice to know something is happening behind the scenes.

We may never know who was completely at fault for all that has happened in the past months, but there is now a light at the end of the tunnel for all you console players. For all those who have stayed to see this game through, I am very impressed with your patience.

Edited by V7 Aerospace

4 hours ago, Monkey-CH said:

What does this mean to our save games? Will we loose it again on this patch? So we better stopp playing and wait for the new update sometime next year? Now, I will do this anyway.

This update will solve the save file issue and we're doing our best to ensure that previous save files won't be lost with the update.