Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

37 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

This update will solve the save file issue and we're doing our best to ensure that previous save files won't be lost with the update.

Thanx for the updates.

I realize its probably low on the list or priorities, but please keep in mind the broken trophy. 98% completion hurts my soul

28 minutes ago, erikinthebakery said:

As long as they take moving between objects in map mode off the bumpers I'd be happy. I'd rather lose the functionality then have that control stay the same!!

Definitely the most frustrating one for me as well. I think it would be cool if they could somehow add that function to the touch pad on PS4 and you could swipe between planets. Not sure how they would handle that for xb1.

I'm not a console player but it can only benefit the KSP community if everyone who bought the game can actually enjoy it. Googling Blitworks seems to reveal nothing but positive articles, they interact with their community (reddit, interviews with magazine) and have a good amount of conversions under their belt.

None of that will guarantee a spotless conversion but right now we're at least not thinking "why these guys" or "I hope I'm wrong about this, but..."

2 minutes ago, James M said:

THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER BOYS!! ^-^

Well,  i mean,  you still gotta wait until the update drops early in 2017.  So,  I fixed your comment for you :D

Edited by Galileo

To be honest, you're too late for me. I have no desire to play KSP at the moment now that Ark: Survival Evolved is on PlayStation 4. By the time the update comes out, It'll be about half a year since the game came out and not a single update since then. The lack of information for this console update for the past 5 months is what really ruined it. You only mentioned the console update about 2 times since the game's launch. If you had given us information at least once a month about this update, then I'd be happy.

10 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

To be honest, you're too late for me. I have no desire to play KSP at the moment now that Ark: Survival Evolved is on PlayStation 4. By the time the update comes out, It'll be about half a year since the game came out and not a single update since then. The lack of information for this console update for the past 5 months is what really ruined it. You only mentioned the console update about 2 times since the game's launch. If you had given us information at least once a month about this update, then I'd be happy.

Not being argumentative, but keep in mind that when a company contracts another company to do work and said work doesn't get done, there is a LONG legal process to get out of the contract where they are legally not allowed to talk about it publicly until it is finished.  I think @SQUAD did the best they could with a really crappy situation.  That being said, I know how you feel.  It was a very frustrating 5-6 months.

10 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

It's understandable. I suggest this: go play Ark, and enjoy it the best you can for as long as you can. Hopefully, by the time it starts to get you bored, the update for KSP will already be out. Play it out for a while, pretend you just bought it. After some time you'll be hooked (I mean, no one likes EA, but people still like their games, right?).

And then, I hope that after some more time you realize Squad aren't bad guys either, they just made a bad call and were apparently stuck on a terrible situation for some time.

On 12/13/2016 at 4:13 PM, KroShan said:

Well this are good news for all the console players out there - i hope that SQUAD's reputation among the consoles community didn't suffer too much.

Good luck with the bug hunting!

I'm a huge fan of KSP on PS4. All of the game crashes do get very aggravating, but I still hold Squad up as a good developer. I even like FTE Games. I'm not sure what happened there but I guess BlitWorks has replaced them? I'm excited we got content on the way, and hopefully some crash fixes.

On 12/15/2016 at 7:58 PM, Jeremiah said:

Hopefully you change your mind. I have plenty of games that I play for a while, go play other games, then come back to those first games, over and over. Minecraft is one of those games. KSP is right there for me too. I play it and love it very much until a new game comes out. But after a while I'm right back in KSP and Minecraft. I hope you find your way back too.

Many ITT are badmouthing Flying Tiger, that's not fair. FT should get some credit.

When SQUAD announced making ports for console, the community was really sceptical about it. While some were outright hostile, waving around "PCmasterrace" agenda, and others expected an outright fraud, the majority was sceptical about the very possibility of porting KSP to consoles. The modern consoles are nothing more than a really average PC with restrictions and licensing, and such a complex resource-hungry (and not very optimized) game like KSP is not the simplest stuff to port.

So, KSP console port was expected to fail and fail miserably. Flying Tiger however managed to pull off the port kinda well.

Yes, the port failed as expected, but in a good way. A couple of game breaking bugs is really far from the expected full-blown disaster.

I guess i am happy about this? I mean, i am sorry to say i have heard it before and it took months to get an update. i for one, am excited for this update but am taking all this information with a grain of salt. I have had to tell more than a few folks to not buy the game for ps4 until the issues are fixed. They love watching my share play though and nearly didn't take my advice anyway. that's how good the game it is and is a testament to your hard work

Number one priority for me is the game save issue. There is so much content in 1.0 i have not gotten to it all yet. I have limited time to play the game and corrupt save data ruins this for me. It takes me hours to create a spacecraft that may or may not result in data loss. (i could spend a week perfecting a spacecraft, i swear) Sad to say, i didn't mind the game crashing so long as it didn't delete my savedata

Like others, i enjoy the game like no other, but it has been frustrating. 

If you look at last year, i created post requesting to be part of the beta team. I was told it would be tested internally. Once again, If you should require a tester for this update before releasing it please let me know. God knows i have been through just about every crash on PS4. 

Also, if you could fix the trophy issue with the flyby of kirbin that would be great, i am a bit of a trophy hunter on the console. remember that this is done AFTER you fix the save bug. 

I want to say thank you for taking the time to inform us. Anger does not come from not getting what we paid for as most people who play this type of game understand the challenges. It comes from the lack of communication. Communicate with us negatively or positively, we are adults here. its the lack of it that makes me feel ripped off. 

Nuff said, thanks for the update. 

On 12/18/2016 at 0:44 AM, Bloody_looser said:

The modern consoles are nothing more than a really average PC with restrictions and licensing

No, not really. It's an octa-core 1.75GHz APU, which is far worse than all desktop cores I've seen (sure it's 8 cores but what game needs 8 cores?), this will be better than a console almost the same price: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MPPCZ8

G4400+RX 460 is much better.

Edited by legoclone09

I'm ecstatic to hear that consoles are finally getting an update. I bought KSP for my Xbox One literally the week it came out. Aside from the horrible save rollback glitch (which thankfully Squad fixed), I've been quite lucky to not experience many other devastating ones. 

Unfortunately, it seems I've encountered one I cannot find an explanation for that I hope this update will fix. For some reason, my quicksaves and quickloads are glitched, meaning not only do they not appear anywhere, but I cannot, load, save, or access them at anytime. Any idea if this will be fixed?

plus literally thousands of mods from a huge active modding community, all add up into the award-winning game that has taken the space sim genre by storm.

Bit weird that Blitworks have this on their KSP page - considering consoles won't have mods. Or is this your sneaky way of telling us @Badie :wink: