Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Then why no answer? Silence is the absolute worst answer you can give to your fans.

I thought there was a patch released a month or two after the console release, intended to fix the worst bugs, but it failed, so I suppose it doesn't really count. There are probably a bunch of legal reasons no one can say much. But again, a new, experienced company is re-doing the port, probably from scratch, with a much improved (by all reports) controller interface. It's been said in the Dev Weeklies that the latest builds have no signs of the save corruption bug. As for compensation, one might hope (THIS IS PURE SPECULATION) that when Making History is ported to consoles that it'll be free for consoles, but don't hold your breath on that.

So a new, working update is coming. When? SoonTM. I'd say they've learned to (tell Blitworks to) take their time and do it right and not rush it out. Squad is relying on the patience of its customers. Despite all the fuss being made on this thread, I'm pretty sure it's less than one percent of the console buyers making the noise.

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I thought there was a patch released a month or two after the console release, intended to fix the worst bugs, but it failed, so I suppose it doesn't really count. There are probably a bunch of legal reasons no one can say much. But again, a new, experienced company is re-doing the port, probably from scratch, with a much improved (by all reports) controller interface. It's been said in the Dev Weeklies that the latest builds have no signs of the save corruption bug. As for compensation, one might hope (THIS IS PURE SPECULATION) that when Making History is ported to consoles that it'll be free for consoles, but don't hold your breath on that.

So a new, working update is coming. When? SoonTM. I'd say they've learned to (tell Blitworks to) take their time and do it right and not rush it out. Squad is relying on the patience of its customers. Despite all the fuss being made on this thread, I'm pretty sure it's less than one percent of the console buyers making the noise.

I know for a fact that there has been no update for the PlayStation 4 version, not sure about xbox though. I lost 3 career saves within two weeks of buying the game. Even my back up KSP saves in the cloud storage were corrupted (were automatically overwritten). I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game twice. No other game has done any of that. I haven't played KSP since. I'm all out of patience, I've waited almost a year and I'm still waiting. Hell, by the time the update does come out I'll probably have kids and the'll be in college at this rate. They should just release the build they have now as a temporary fix. As for free DLC as compensation, ALL DLC should be free as compensation to console gamers. I paid good money for a working finished product, what I got was a broken game that is taking them almost a year to fix. Like I keep saying, why not just release updates one after another, slowly fixing the game like all other games? As for other console gamers not making their voice heard, it's because people are lazy, they gave up long ago, or they just don't care that they bought a broken game. As for me, I care that I got a broken game, I care that they are not answering my questions, and I care that it's been almost a year.

5 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

I know for a fact that there has been no update for the PlayStation 4 version, not sure about xbox though. I lost 3 career saves within two weeks of buying the game. Even my back up KSP saves in the cloud storage were corrupted (were automatically overwritten). I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game twice. No other game has done any of that. I haven't played KSP since. I'm all out of patience, I've waited almost a year and I'm still waiting. Hell, by the time the update does come out I'll probably have kids and the'll be in college at this rate. They should just release the build they have now as a temporary fix. As for free DLC as compensation, ALL DLC should be free as compensation to console gamers. I paid good money for a working finished product, what I got was a broken game that is taking them almost a year to fix. 

I really do understand your frustration here...

Like I keep saying, why not just release updates one after another, slowly fixing the game like all other games? As for other console gamers not making their voice heard, it's because people are lazy, they gave up long ago, or they just don't care that they bought a broken game. As for me, I care that I got a broken game, 

I also think that many don't voice there complaints because they understand that when a port is like excrements, and SQUAD losing total confidence in FTE to fix that, it tends to lead to a complete standstill untill legal matters and agreements are settled between them. That does not only frustrate communication, but even more so for the development of patching the game. 

I care that they are not answering my questions, and I care that it's been almost a year.

And rightly so

On 2017-05-17 at 4:40 PM, jake867 said:

Guess what man this is totally false or i wouldnt have the faulty game to begin with

They sold me trash they dont get props for "ATTEMPTING" to clean up their own mess they should have stopped selling it at the first sighn of bugs or in this case total catastrophic failure but no it still in the ps store ripping people off

I hear ya. It is a total mess. Hopefully the next release is a smooth one. In hindsight it should of been taken down right away. I wonder if they thought FTE would have it fixed in a couple weeks? Who knows. I wonder if once people buy a game off the ps store can it be taken down? It certainly didn't get released in Europe and I am only assuming because of the bugs that were being reported.

They get props from me for sticking it out. They are not quitting, and they have admitted they have failed to deliver ksp to console. $40 bucks out of pocket and hear I am waiting. Just like you. But at the least they are going to try and fix it. That is something. From their weekly tidbits it seems to be going a lot better this time around.

I understand the frustration, at this point it is laughable how bad this launch was.

Let's hope Loud and Clear is worth the wait.

Cheers.

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash

On 15/12/2016 at 10:58 PM, Galileo said:

Well,  i mean,  you still gotta wait until the update drops late in 2017.  So,  I fixed your comment for you :D

I fixed your comment for you :D

I have not been on a forum before where there are anniversaries for threads asking about when specific problems about the game will be fixed. This thread does not have an anniversary yet, that will be in December, but one good example is the `smelta-vee` thread which is still wondering when the announced feature will drop, or when we will be told it has been dropped.

We should have birthday parties for some of them, pretend they are going to school for the first time...

Console people, I would not hold your breath, I would let it out by talking to someone who knows contract law, advertising standards, you know stuff like that. I would be requesting that I was supplied the working product I paid for or to have my money refunded. Like you would do if you bought a toaster that did not work. Of course an early access game is under different rules, you pay your money and take your chance, like I did. A product claiming to be ready for release? Not so much.

EDIT :

48 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

It certainly didn't get released in Europe and I am only assuming because of the bugs that were being reported.

Europe has very strong customer protection, they are considering having a two year warranty on software, similar to physical products. Under such a rule the console version of KSP would be eligible for a refund.

EDIT 2:

The Office of Fair Trading in the UK said in 2012, regarding refunds on software :

"The issue of what "quality standards" suppliers of digital content should have to meet has yet to be determined, but the OFT said that it would "expect a quality standard to include functionality and interoperability" and that "appearance and finish may not always be relevant".

The regulator also said that it should not be the responsibility of consumers to prove what is wrong with digital content. The burden instead would be on suppliers to show that there is not a fault with digital content that gives rise to consumers' right to reject it, it said.

The OFT also said that in circumstances where consumers have exercised their right to reject faulty digital software, the software should be deleted from consumers' computers. However, it said that the onus should be on the supplier to delete the software themselves where this is "feasible".

"In principle, we accept that faulty software that has been rejected by the consumer should be removed from the consumer’s device," the OFT said. "If feasible, it should first be the responsibility of the supplier to remove it provided that, in doing so, it is a ‘clean’ uninstall which does not alter or damage the consumer’s hardware or software in any way. If a consumer has an obligation to delete content, it should be recognised that not all consumers will have the knowledge or ability to do so without further assistance from the supplier."

The OFT also said that Government plans to allow businesses to deduct money from any refunds they make to consumers for the use consumers have made of faulty goods, service or digital content was not the correct approach.

"The consumer has paid for the entire content and in order to repurchase will then have to pay the full price for a new item as it is not possible to pay for part of a film which has been downloaded, a CD, DVD or similar," it said. "Even if this were possible, the consumer’s expected experience of the digital content has been reduced. The consumer should be entitled to a full refund in order to be able to purchase the product again."

Although this is only in the UK. The fact of KSP being international makes things much more complicated.

Obviously the law where you live may be different.

Edited by John FX

On 5/22/2017 at 5:41 AM, klesh said:

Peeps should understand its not an updated port.  Blitworks is re-porting the game from scratch and not using a single line of code from the FTE port. I think that fact is not as well known as it probably should be.  

So does this mean that it's not going to be the same game that's in the digital marketplace? If so, that means that it's a new upload to the marketplace that's a completely different copy than the one I bought. 

I'm not too keen on giving away another $40, even if said product delivers. I'll have spent $80 on this game if I do.

26 minutes ago, John FX said:

Europe has very strong customer protection, they are considering having a two year warranty on software, similar to physical products. Under such a rule the console version of KSP would be eligible for a refund.

No it wasn't that. It was released on xbox one in Europe. It is a Sony thing. It is divided into 3 regions - America, Europe and Japan. I don't think it passed Sony Europe standards?

7 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

So does this mean that it's not going to be the same game that's in the digital marketplace? If so, that means that it's a new upload to the marketplace that's a completely different copy than the one I bought. 

I'm not too keen on giving away another $40, even if said product delivers. I'll have spent $80 on this game if I do.

No budskie! SQUAD confirmed that if you bought the game the new port is free.

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash

25 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

No budskie! SQUAD confirmed that if you bought the game the new port is free.

Well, I'm at least happy to hear that. It IS going to be a new game on the Xbox Store correct?

I do wonder if we could get some mods as native support on the console. Having clouds, real Solar System models, and real rockets would be a nice addition to the game, and I'd guess that it's not terribly hard to implement them as advanced options when you start a game.

6 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

I do wonder if we could get some mods as native support on the console. Having clouds, real Solar System models, and real rockets would be a nice addition to the game, and I'd guess that it's not terribly hard to implement them as advanced options when you start a game.

I would love for that to happen, both for consoles and the PC version. Not everyone is willing or able to use mods on PC. Might be licensing issues though.

5 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I would love for that to happen, both for consoles and the PC version. Not everyone is willing or able to use mods on PC. Might be licensing issues though.

Perhaps some people could learn from Bethesda?

Having mods for a multitude of games would be fantastic, but with the stock parts we can only go so far and do so much. Plus, to get mods authorized with Sony isn't that hard. Fallout 4 got it easily, so KSP should be allowed to hae mods at least in a similar fashion. I just want the game to be fixed because I'm just tired of the crashes I've restarted 130 times and I've only owned the game since early January (this year). I hope they get it done and soon, but their word is being taken by a grain of salt by me. 

21 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

Perhaps some people could learn from Bethesda?

Back in the days on PlayStation 3, the DLCs for Skyrim on PlayStation were delayed by many months. As compensation, all Skyrim DLCs were half price for the first week on PlayStation 3. Mods aren't the only thing some people could learn from Bethesda.

29 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Back in the days on PlayStation 3, the DLCs for Skyrim on PlayStation were delayed by many months. As compensation, all Skyrim DLCs were half price for the first week on PlayStation 3. Mods aren't the only thing some people could learn from Bethesda.

Honestly I think Bethesda is a great dev to learn from. They have excellent communication with their customers, excellent PR and compensation, and are more than willing to listen to their fans and experiment.

Aside from Project Aces, Bethesda has to be my favorite developer because of how professional they are.

16 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

Honestly I think Bethesda is a great dev to learn from. They have excellent communication with their customers, excellent PR and compensation, and are more than willing to listen to their fans and experiment.

PFFT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You've never seen the convoluted hoops people have to jump through to mod thier games have you? Imagine a big game that's rough around the edges the writing has some holes, the balances is sloppy, and its not the most stable pile of code either but its big selling point is moddability. Now imagine that game despite advertising this selling point providing no official tools until over 6 months after release, The toolkit is only compatible with expensive pro level software, and there is absolutely no documentation, and the game doesn't handle map changes all that well to boot...

Bethesda is worse in virtually every way.

25 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

PFFT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You've never seen the convoluted hoops people have to jump through to mod thier games have you? Imagine a big game that's rough around the edges the writing has some holes, the balances is sloppy, and its not the most stable pile of code either but its big selling point is moddability. Now imagine that game despite advertising this selling point providing no official tools until over 6 months after release, The toolkit is only compatible with expensive pro level software, and there is absolutely no documentation, and the game doesn't handle map changes all that well to boot...

Bethesda is worse in virtually every way.

I doubt this very much. I rarely play PC games (with the exception of DCS World), so I can't say much about that area. 

But I've extensively written and applied mods to a variety of my Xbox 360 games, including Just Cause 2, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and GTA V to name a few. It's not hard to do so if you have a little bit of knowledge in coding and scripting.

And as for Bethesda, at least when they project a release date, they actually release near it. They said mods would be out in May of 2016. They were officially released on May 31st. That's still technically achieving their deadline.

As for your issue with map mods, are you familiar with how hard that is to modify maps? Adding a new mesh and texture for a weapon and applying a reload script is quite easy. Adding a whole new section of map, adding terrain mesh, hitbox, interactability (shooting it and a bullet hole appears), navmesh, etc. is a helluva lot harder.

And Bethesda has continually updated the G.E.C.K. to provide modders with better tools for modding. Don't forget that Bethesda has to accommodate new mod makers as well as veterans. So the tools might not necessarily be top tier.

Edited by LegendaryAce

32 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

I doubt this very much. I rarely play PC games (with the exception of DCS World), so I can't say much about that area. 

But I've extensively written and applied mods to a variety of my Xbox 360 games, including Just Cause 2, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and GTA V to name a few. It's not hard to do so if you have a little bit of knowledge in coding and scripting.

And as for Bethesda, at least when they project a release date, they actually release near it. They said mods would be out in May of 2016. They were officially released on May 31st. That's still technically achieving their deadline.

As for your issue with map mods, are you familiar with how hard that is to modify maps? Adding a new mesh and texture for a weapon and applying a reload script is quite easy. Adding a whole new section of map, adding terrain mesh, hitbox, interactability (shooting it and a bullet hole appears), navmesh, etc. is a helluva lot harder.

And Bethesda has continually updated the G.E.C.K. to provide modders with better tools for modding. Don't forget that Bethesda has to accommodate new mod makers as well as veterans. So the tools might not necessarily be top tier.

I'm not talking about pusedo-mods like cheat menus and save hacking that make modding a dirty word. I'm talking true mods that add new content.

also the map issue I refer to is how in recent titles you can't change one thing in a cell (say add a weapon spawn, or a door to a new map) without overwriting the whole cell making it hard for modders to operate without stepping on each other's toes. Bethesda isn't accommodating every new title makes it harder to mod than it used to be they are just making a token effort to milk their reputation, and they've dragged their feet cleaning up mod theives on their official repository too.

It's not a high bar to find a company that communicates better than squad but Bethesda ain't it. 

You misunderstand. I LOATH cheat menus. They're stupid easy to create, and add ZERO replayability to the game.

In Just Cause 2, I added new aircraft like the X-02 Wyvern to replace the G9 Eclipse. I also added a LCS to GTA V because I felt the boats in that game were utter crap.

Oh. I thought you meant just general map additions. Yeah, I know what you mean. Especially if your adding a weapon or a new Power Armor into a place like the Prydwen. 

I've had many issues with Modern Firearms (idlesheep's mod) taking over the WHOLE weapon leveling list, preventing NPC's from spawning with other mods. So I know what you mean by "stepping on others toes". Especially when you do everything you can to place mod priorities in a specific order.

So then I'll go back to Project Aces. They seem to have way better communication with their fans.

Edited by LegendaryAce

As far as I know the mods for console on Bethesda games are models and textures only. That a big difference in degree of risk for the console manufacturers compared to arbitrary code like that used in many KSP mods. I consider it extremely unlikely that Sony or Microsoft would ever permit modder submitted dlls to run on their machines. Maybe if some more popular ones were bundled up by Squad (with permission of course) and vetted. 

15 minutes ago, Kerbuvim said:

1.2.2. "Moreover, we are also very happy to announce, that with this update's launch, the PS4 port will be made available in Europe, too!"

1.3 ... 

Don't get too worked up. All 1.3 is is 1.2.2 with more languages essentially. No reason to try an fan the flames of discontent over the console version.

Edited by Galileo

38 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Don't get too worked up. All 1.3 is is 1.2.2 with more languages essentially. No reason to try an fan the flames of discontent over the console version.

When 1.2.2 was  released? Ps4 port is already available in europe? Squad lies and lies, only lies throughout the year

Edited by Kerbuvim