Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

Well, one of T2's biggest games, GTA V, is chock full of microtransactions, so I'm gonna say that this will be a bad thing.

Also, T2 is abhorrently against modding, as evidenced by the GTA V PC mods fiasco. I'm awaiting the day that we have to pay for LOx resources and F2P, play-to-win rocket parts. The allure of a quick buck is too great for T2 to ignore. 

11 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

Well, one of T2's biggest games, GTA V, is chock full of microtransactions, so I'm gonna say that this will be a bad thing.

Also, T2 is abhorrently against modding, as evidenced by the GTA V PC mods fiasco. I'm awaiting the day that we have to pay for LOx resources and F2P, play-to-win rocket parts. The allure of a quick buck is too great for T2 to ignore. 

I would be surprised if this game ever came to that given how long the game has been out and it's  established mod support.  On the other hand if any new game was to be produced in the Kerbal Universe the possibility is definitely there.  

8 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I would be surprised if this game ever came to that given how long the game has been out and it's  established mod support.  On the other hand if any new game was to be produced in the Kerbal Universe the possibility is definitely there.  

20 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

I have to agree. Taketwo was hard on modders of GTAV because it wasn't meant to be modded. But Squad has openly encouraged the development of mods for KSP. Though they may fall to temptation to make some mods that are available on pc as paid dlcs but I find it highly unlikely.

Edited by MoarBoostersRUS

2 minutes ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

they may fall to temptation to make some mods that are available on pc as paid dlcs but I find it highly unlikely.

I have a special love for those modders who release their work under the GPL, as it prevents this kind of obnoxious behaviour.

Edited by steve_v

In my opinion, there's always been two kinds of modding. There are those like me who mod their Xbox and PC games for personal pleasure to avoid any possible ramifications, and those like most everyone here who mod for the enjoyment of others.

Unfortunately, as made so blatantly clear especially by Bethesda and their "Creation Club", developers seem to be more than willing to capitalize on fan made changes, and take their work and charge money for it.

Case in point? Before CC on Fallout 4, I had a mod that added the Fallout 3 and New Vegas era Gauss Rifle to the game. But right before CC went live, that mod was removed from the game, and lo and behold Bethesda added a paid version of the Gauss Rifle.

In short, us modders need to stick together and not let devs and publishers ruin what has for so long been free content by players, for players.

TL;DR Devs want to make paid mods, but we need to prevent that.

Edited by LegendaryAce

@LegendaryAce I'm totally with that. Like I'd love to see RP-0 on Xbox and I'd be willing to pay for it but only as long as I knew the creators of the mod gave consent and if it is a paid dlc they are getting a portion of the profits. It is truly a shame when big game companies trample over modders and steal their content and make a profit off of it. 

On 10/12/2017 at 12:42 AM, Deddly said:

Take Two owns KSP now, so that's good news or bad news, depending on your opinion on them :)

As long as Squad is connected in some form, I'll never pay for anything from them... "Take Two" might own KSP now, But apparently Squad's still running the show (of sorts) 

2 hours ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

@LegendaryAce I'm totally with that. Like I'd love to see RP-0 on Xbox and I'd be willing to pay for it but only as long as I knew the creators of the mod gave consent and if it is a paid dlc they are getting a portion of the profits. It is truly a shame when big game companies trample over modders and steal their content and make a profit off of it. 

Oh yeah. I agree completely. There were a few that I would love native support for on console:

1) Realistic Solar System and Spacecraft (but a heavier version of Realism Overhaul/Realistic Progression Zero)

2) Debug menus (so when I test my SSTO's and military aircraft, I don't need to worry about fuel, damage, etc.

3) Ferram Aerospace (I spend 10% of my time making rockets and doing missions, and 90% building and fine tuning military aircraft replicas, so a super accurate flight physics system is a must, especially for my F-35B's)

4) KAX [Kerbal Aerospace Expansion] (To make even MORE realistic aircraft, including TILTROTORS!)

5) MechJeb (This'll make mid air refueling possible, and give me even more aircraft possibilities)

Anyway, hopefully we get some kind of mod support in the future.

Edited by LegendaryAce

2 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

Oh yeah. I agree completely. There were a few that I would love native support for on console:

1) Realistic Solar System and Spacecraft (but a heavier version of Realism Overhaul/Realistic Progression Zero)

2) Debug menus (so when I test my SSTO's and military aircraft, I don't need to worry about fuel, damage, etc.

3) Ferram Aerospace (I spend 10% of my time making rockets and doing missions, and 90% building and find tuning military aircraft replicas, so a super accurate flight physics system is a must, especially for my F-35B's)

4) KAX [Kerbal Aerospace Expansion] (To make even MORE realistic aircraft, including TILTROTORS!)

5) MechJeb (This'll make mid air refueling possible, and give me even more aircraft possibilities)

Anyway, hopefully we get some kind of mod support in the future.

I'd love to see all of these as well! I'm more of a rocket person but FAR and KAX make flying rockets so much better also would like to have deadly rentery, some Life Support system and rentery particle effects To enhance difficulty and visual awesomeness. 

16 minutes ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

I'd love to see all of these as well! I'm more of a rocket person but FAR and KAX make flying rockets so much better also would like to have deadly rentery, some Life Support system and rentery particle effects To enhance difficulty and visual awesomeness. 

Totally. I feel that reentry on Xbox One wasn't really that exciting, but really more of a lackluster chore. Plus KAX and FAR would make re-entering spaceplanes A LOT more reliable.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had uneven heating on my wings, and one explodes, causing an irreversible pitch and roll, leading to catastrophic disintegration, similar to the Columbia. Though fortunately, I do put an emergency escape capsule, quite like the XB-70's ejection system.

1 minute ago, LegendaryAce said:

Totally. I feel that reentry on Xbox One wasn't really that exciting, but really more of a lackluster chore. Plus KAX and FAR would make re-entering spaceplanes A LOT more reliable.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had uneven heating on my wings, and one explodes, causing an irreversible pitch and roll, leading to catastrophic disintegration, similar to the Columbia. Though fortunately, I do put an emergency escape capsule, quite like the XB-70's ejection system.

Same! thank jeb for vanguard technologies lol. Best is when your doing S turns to bleed off speed and the tail fins fly off and send you into a flat spin:sticktongue: gives ya a whole new appreciation for the designers of aircraft/spacecraft and those that pilot them:cool:   

1 hour ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

Same! thank jeb for vanguard technologies lol. Best is when your doing S turns to bleed off speed and the tail fins fly off and send you into a flat spin:sticktongue: gives ya a whole new appreciation for the designers of aircraft/spacecraft and those that pilot them:cool:   

Oh yeah! That's always fun! Add in a flight speed of 1,200mps+, then you're quite literally on fire!

Most definitely. My grandfather worked with Skunk Works back in the 50's and 60's, helping create the SR-71's J58 engines. I can only imagine how much work went into them to get them to work at Mach 3+!

Also, in regards to the flatspin, almost all of my jets are equipped with two J404's with full thrust vectoring, so a catastrophic loss of the vertical stabilizer is a minor inconvenience!

Weekly's up, an acknowledgment of the long wait but still no actual dates...

Moving on, the work on the console version of KSP continues and we’ll keep you informed and updated when we have news on these versions entering the certification process. The reason why it has taken so long is because we’ve been crafting these versions from scratch so we can deliver a product that will live to the expectations of our players. In the past few months we have been focusing in ensuring that the game performs, looks and plays as it should. And whenever the expert eyes of our QA find some bugs, our friends at Blitworks go straight into the code and fix the issues, which at this point are mostly minor.

True, but back then they weren't telling us much let alone what ever bugs that are remaining are minor.  I guess I having a little glimmer of hope that it may be sooner than later at this point, but they have made it seem that way before.  

Edited by OrganizedChaos

Well, if this game isn't updated before the end of the year, I'm done with it. If it really takes more than a year and a half to re-release a game, then it's not worth my time and patience. Ace Combat 7, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and SimpleRockets all look very enticing, so abandoning KSP won't really hurt me. 

been a while since ive been around, but  its the first time ive noticed them use the C word, unless ive missed it before.

That word being certification.   The fact that they mention they will be letting us know when they enter the process some what implies they expect it to be relatively soon. ( i hope) other wise i suspect we would still be getting the standard "still working on bugs" bit.

This is where the flying tiger port failed,  it had major problems in cert.   And while not 100 percent, pretty sure Sony outside of NA never gave it the go, which made the world wide launch a no go.

fingers crossed we get that word in the next couple weeks

26 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Once it does go into certification, I think we need a console-release hype train.

Count me out. I'm not gonna get hyped up for the release, and then find some catastrophic bug on my first day playing.

No, I'll let you guys do that. I'll remain cautiously optimistic though...