Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

52 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

For once, I'm being optimistic! Maybe I can even build the F-22 I've been wanting too! I've already got an F-35B, so that'll complete my stealth planes!

Hate to Destoy your optimism but data is lost with this update a member of squad told me in a message

can you send me a picture of your F-35B I tried to make my own. I got close but it never looked right

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

54 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Hate to Destoy your optimism but data is lost with this update a member of squad told me in a message

can you send me a picture of your F-35B I tried to make my own. I got close but it never looked right

I already lost my saves, so I'm not concerned. 

Having lost my save, I no longer have the F-35. But when the game is re-released, I'll make sure to get you a picture. 

7 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

I already lost my saves, so I'm not concerned. 

Having lost my save, I no longer have the F-35. But when the game is re-released, I'll make sure to get you a picture. 

Oh that's good

I myself made a F-22 that could turn like the PAKFA but you guessed it I lost my save

33 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

I'm hoping we're gonna eventually get rotator parts. With those, I could finally make a B-1B Lancer.

If you can get into the files enough to back your saves up, you might be able to install mods–albeit in a bit of a painful, roundabout way. Otherwise, you'll be stuck with thermometer hinges and airbrake servos like the pure-stock crowd.

4 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

Wot? How does one do that?

Airbrakes change their shape quite a lot. Their hitbox does the same, so you can use it to push other parts around. Combine that with thermometer hinges or weakjoints and you can actuate things. I think there was a variable AoA plane someone made that used airbrakes to great effect, IIRC made by @Servo. Also, someone made an aircraft carrier elevator, another person a crane… They're a very versatile part.

Once you guys get a working version I expect great things from all the new engineers.

On 03/12/2017 at 3:46 AM, Cheif Operations Director said:

Ahh fudgsicles!....here's me currently putting together a Mun base...i've spent weeks on so far and you are telling me i'm going to lose it? I mean, if someone approached me and said, you can have a fully working version of this game but you have to start again. of course yes yes yes a thousand times over but i was hoping i could keep my current progress...i've redirected an asteroid to a 100km Kerbin orbit, started a mun base, mun orbital station and kerbin space station....

actually ....its all be good practice....LETS DO THIS AGAIN BUT MOAR BETTER!! :D:D:D 

8 minutes ago, AndyChilly said:

Not sure if this has been answered but are we assuming they have also worked on the FPS drop you get when you start to build anything of size? i feel like the frame rate drops well before it should on a next gen console.

Don't know for sure but probroly the new game is a whole new download

There is a performance improvement - that was confirmed because they were able to increase the graphics settings and have real shadows instead of fake ones. So far, we don't have any more detail than that, though.

2 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Don't know for sure but probroly the new game is a whole new download

29 minutes ago, Deddly said:

There is a performance improvement - that was confirmed because they were able to increase the graphics settings and have real shadows instead of fake ones. So far, we don't have any more detail than that, though.

Okay cool, I just wasnt sure if, the current issues with FPS were even considered an issue with them or if it was just accepted as a limitation of porting ksp to console.

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

There is a performance improvement - that was confirmed because they were able to increase the graphics settings and have real shadows instead of fake ones.

The broken Flying Tiger port was shipped with fake shadows?  What do you mean by that?

6 minutes ago, klesh said:

The broken Flying Tiger port was shipped with fake shadows?  What do you mean by that?

Well, "fake" was a poor choice of words. But the console shadows are currently very low quality:

8tHuTQt.jpg

Compared with how they will apparently look in the new version:

kcDAuDH.jpg

EDIT: Source

Edited by Deddly
Added source