Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

I highly doubt we will be getting mods.  Not impossible, but not very likely.   I’m surprised that was even mentioned in that article as the lack of mods had nothing to do with why the game was taken down from the store.   It was taken down because it was broken.   Not having mods isn’t even a valid complaint.  When you decide to be a console player you pretty much accept games are not going to be modable. ( yeah there are a few but it’s not common practice, at least not yet).

2 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

So a lil news snippet from Windows Central website states that 'The Kerbal team later made the game unavailable to purchase for Xbox One due to a number of complaints from gamers, ranging from corrupted saves and no mod availability.'

Does that mean that this website are under the impression the Enhanced Edition will have mod availability?

As far as we are aware it wont will it? I mean they would never keep that big of juicy info to themselves?

58 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I highly doubt we will be getting mods.  Not impossible, but not very likely.   I’m surprised that was even mentioned in that article as the lack of mods had nothing to do with why the game was taken down from the store.   It was taken down because it was broken.   Not having mods isn’t even a valid complaint.  When you decide to be a console player you pretty much accept games are not going to be modable. ( yeah there are a few but it’s not common practice, at least not yet).

I agree Organized Chaos but nonetheless I find it intriguing that they would mention no mods on a platform that doesn't support mods. It's like if they took down MineCraft and then said it was because of glitches and no mods it makes no sense it's a console and seeing as it is a post from MICROSOFT. Might hint to a exeption. I'm also pretty sure you can use the web on console so... Maby?

4 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I agree Organized Chaos but nonetheless I find it intriguing that they would mention no mods on a platform that doesn't support mods. It's like if they took down MineCraft and then said it was because of glitches and no mods it makes no sense it's a console and seeing as it is a post from MICROSOFT. Might hint to a exeption. I'm also pretty sure you can use the web on console so... Maby?

I play Skyrim Special Edition on xbox one which allows mods and bethesda really pulled it off well....there is a huge library of mods to add to the game and a load order screen to make sure they are running in the right order. my skyrim has about 50 mods to it so it does work. and i feel it works well.

1 hour ago, AndyChilly said:

I play Skyrim Special Edition on xbox one which allows mods and bethesda really pulled it off well....there is a huge library of mods to add to the game and a load order screen to make sure they are running in the right order. my skyrim has about 50 mods to it so it does work. and i feel it works well.

I've played Skyrim with mods as well on PS4( despite limitations Sony put on them) and they do work fine, hence why I believe it is possible.   Though Bethesda has a been doing this quite a bit longer (PC and console development) then Squad and with the difficulties they have had with the port I'd be pretty surprised to see mod support.  At least right now.  Look how long it took for them to get mod support after release for Fallout and that was planned.   I'm just saying no one should get there hopes up at this point, after all we don't even know if we're getting the DLC ( I'm pretty hopeful we will because it's more likely then not).  Not to mention with the game now in the certification process and no mention of mod support is pretty telling.  At this point getting a game that runs well and works is at the top of there priority and throwing mods into that now seems like a risk to the integrity of the game they shouldn't be taking right now.

On 12/18/2017 at 10:30 AM, OrganizedChaos said:

I've played Skyrim with mods as well on PS4( despite limitations Sony put on them) and they do work fine, hence why I believe it is possible.   Though Bethesda has a been doing this quite a bit longer (PC and console development) then Squad and with the difficulties they have had with the port I'd be pretty surprised to see mod support.  At least right now.  Look how long it took for them to get mod support after release for Fallout and that was planned.   I'm just saying no one should get there hopes up at this point, after all we don't even know if we're getting the DLC ( I'm pretty hopeful we will because it's more likely then not).  Not to mention with the game now in the certification process and no mention of mod support is pretty telling.  At this point getting a game that runs well and works is at the top of there priority and throwing mods into that now seems like a risk to the integrity of the game they shouldn't be taking right now.

Can't wait for the weekly

46 minutes ago, AndyChilly said:

Hmm, if the port if being rebuilt from the group up. I wonder if they will include the debug menu in sandbox :D

I do recall reading something along the lines of them adding a form of the debug menu for consoles in a more limited capacity.   I just don’t remember where that post was.  Of course it could have all just been in my head, so hopefully someone else might be able to confirm that with a bit more confidence then me.

3 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I do recall reading something along the lines of them adding a form of the debug menu for consoles in a more limited capacity.   I just don’t remember where that post was.  Of course it could have all just been in my head, so hopefully someone else might be able to confirm that with a bit more confidence then me.

I also remember seeing it somewhere, possibly in this very thread.  Im not going to look for it though, this thread is kinda huge.

5 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

Hmm, if the port if being rebuilt from the group up. I wonder if they will include the debug menu in sandbox :D

4 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

55 minutes ago, Ineedaweapon said:

I also remember seeing it somewhere, possibly in this very thread.  Im not going to look for it though, this thread is kinda huge.

It was quite a long time ago, but it is in fact mentioned in the very first post.

EDIT hmm maybe not. It's mentioned in a copy paste of the change log which is probably for the pc version. :/

Edited by 5thHorseman

8 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Same here.  Hopefully it passes certification sooner than later so we could have it in a few weeks.  

My dream is that is passes certification my Christmas... Again Dream.

This is a Parody Moment with The CEO OF KESA, Cheif Operations Director...

(Music Plays)

Im dreaming of a KSP Christmas! Just like the ones I used to know 

Choir Plays

Where Tree Tops Glisten with H2 and O2...

Im Dreaming of a KSP Christmas! With Jeb and fire where I turn. 

Choir Plays

Where Children Know Physics.

Just Like the ones I used to know.

lol

2 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I know right. I just want to keep playing 1.1 / current but don't want to get to into a save. Lol

i downloaded it like a half hour ago wanted to try a few  launches cause its been so long.

game crashed before i could even launch 1 rocket and gave up lol

edit. i also think i found a new glitch cause it wouldnt let me have 30/30 parts for some reason lol

Edited by DD_bwest

4 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I got lucky and I can actually play but it's just slow and laggy for me

That's one thing I never understood. Wheneve I play, the game never crashes, dips in FPS a bit but not badly, and the only bad things are the shadows and S.A.S. granted I'm sure I never built spectacular space stations with 4 billion plus parts, XD. I do however have 30+ satelites.

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I got lucky and I can actually play but it's just slow and laggy for me

Wow I’m surprised. Man I’m dying to play some KSP right now. The farthest I got on my PS4 game was landing a probe on eve. Afterwards I raged quit and stopped playing it cause of how broken the game was.

Just now, NoahThomas29 said:

Wow I’m surprised. Man I’m dying to play some KSP right now. The farthest I got on my PS4 game was landing a probe on eve. Afterwards I raged quit and stopped playing it cause of how broken the game was.

Ahh Yes The PS4 port is aweful but the Xbox One is Livable.

I have lost my save two sides but was able to progress