Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

Yeah I have the Xbox version which is almost a playable game imo.

im able to do full on missions. And the only saves that became corrupted were ones I made after the first update.

last night I lithobraked right into duna lol but I had a perfectly good 200+ part vehicle and it’s saved and ready for my second attempt tonight

occasionally controls stop working and I can’t click on anything with the cursor. Which requires a restart.

2 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Ahh Yes The PS4 port is aweful but the Xbox One is Livable.

I have lost my save two sides but was able to progress

6 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

Yeah I have the Xbox version which is almost a playable game imo.

im able to do full on missions. And the only saves that became corrupted were ones I made after the first update.

last night I lithobraked right into duna lol but I had a perfectly good 200+ part vehicle and it’s saved and ready for my second attempt tonight

occasionally controls stop working and I can’t click on anything with the cursor. Which requires a restart.

I play on PS4 and the game ran OK, the biggest issue is the save corrections.  They don't happen constantly, but it seems to happens  when you're   deeply invested in a mission.  I have had plenty of successful missions in my career mode,  but after having the save corrupt dozens of times over the year I gave up to wait for this new version. 

3 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I want to play but I don't what to get to attached to a save.

Just play sandbox, one mission at a time.  You don't need to save those results, and can still enjoy your playtime.

On 24/12/2017 at 3:30 PM, Cheif Operations Director said:

I want to play but I don't what to get to attached to a save.

Yeah, i know how you feel. I was in the middle of my first ever mun base when i discovered the saves wouldn't be transferrable...so i stopped it...however...i learnt a lot about landing sites and accuracy. as i've had this game since release and still haven't managed to do a Duna return mission i've been practising that too. I also learned the formulas to calculate DeltaV and the ISP of different engines in the same stage ( ya know 'cause no Mechjeb or engineer etc)...put them into an excel file with a few detailed part lists of vehicles i will wish to remake in the new save.

18 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

Yeah, i know how you feel. I was in the middle of my first ever mun base when i discovered the saves wouldn't be transferrable...so i stopped it...however...i learnt a lot about landing sites and accuracy. as i've had this game since release and still haven't managed to do a Duna return mission i've been practising that too. I also learned the formulas to calculate DeltaV and the ISP of different engines in the same stage ( ya know 'cause no Mechjeb or engineer etc)...put them into an excel file with a few detailed part lists of vehicles i will wish to remake in the new save.

The last thing I did before my saves corrupted was land 3 kerbals on Duna and return successfully.  Best damn feeling in the world!  Few games provide that same level of satisfaction.

The main reason I haven’t started playing again is because I dont want to have to get used to the awkward controls again, especially when I’ll have to readjust to a new scheme sometime soon.

6 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

One thing I AM going to enjoy is being able to make propellers..its possible to make them from stock parts but to run them you need to be able to use Trim which as far as i'm aware doesn't even function in the current console version.

Propellers, You mean like making helicopters? Can you actually do that in this game?

27 minutes ago, NoahThomas29 said:

Propellers, You mean like making helicopters? Can you actually do that in this game?

Oh, yes you can. The old helicopters were tipjets. Then, as bearing technology improved, we saw the rise of turbojets. Now we have reaction wheel-driven rotors.

12 hours ago, NoahThomas29 said:

Yeah, it was an unintended feature but because of how the control surfaces work you can use wings and rudder etc as propellers and using reaction wheels and some alignment tweaks you can make some pretty neat propeller engines. search it up on youtube.hqdefault.jpg

This is an aircraft made entirely from stock.and it flies.

5 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

Yeah, it was an unintended feature but because of how the control surfaces work you can use wings and rudder etc as propellers and using reaction wheels and some alignment tweaks you can make some pretty neat propeller engines. search it up on youtube.hqdefault.jpg

This is an aircraft made entirely from stock.and it flies.

Wow! That’s awesome!

3 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

Many many saves ago, I also did that for my Duna 4 mission.

If it was Duna 4, does that mean it took you 4 tries?  I took a few more goes than that to get it right.  Even then the landing wasnt ideal, all the landing struts exploded with the impact.  Somehow the lander survived and stayed upright and I grabbed all the science I could before launching back to orbit.  I have fond memories of that mission, I sometimes forget that the game crashed about 30 times through the course of it.  I hope the certification finishes soon, all this reminiscing is getting me excited to play it again.

14 minutes ago, Karma Kerman said:

Man where's today's Kerbal weekly (probably right after I post this, it gets posted)

It said in the last one there wouldn't be one this week cause everyone’s on holiday.

7 minutes ago, KerbNaught3947 said:

Did the update go into cert because i see alot of people talking like it did but i cant find anything? Please help im confused

On 12/15/2017 at 9:41 PM, SQUAD said:
Moving on Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition, we are happy to share with you that the console builds have entered the certification process, which is one of the last steps for our release on consoles next month.

We also noticed questions regarding the compatibility of save files between the Enhanced Edition and the previous version of KSP on consoles, so to avoid further confusion, we want to remind you that KSP Enhanced Edition has been built form the ground up - that is - a brand new version, a different developer and, naturally, new code. On the downside, this also means that the save files from the previous version will no longer be compatible with Enhanced Edition, but anyone who had previously bought KSP on consoles will still be able to download and play it, despite it no longer being available to purchase in the stores. Furthermore, no data will be overwritten from the older versions, so you won’t lose your progress. KSP Enhanced Edition will appear on your library as a separate game and, on the brightside, you’ll be able to get twice as many achievements from playing both versions.

13 hours ago, Ineedaweapon said:

If it was Duna 4, does that mean it took you 4 tries?  I took a few more goes than that to get it right.  Even then the landing wasnt ideal, all the landing struts exploded with the impact.  Somehow the lander survived and stayed upright and I grabbed all the science I could before launching back to orbit.  I have fond memories of that mission, I sometimes forget that the game crashed about 30 times through the course of it.  I hope the certification finishes soon, all this reminiscing is getting me excited to play it again.

It said in the last one there wouldn't be one this week cause everyone’s on holiday.

It was a series of missions. Duna 1, 2, and 3, were all orbit assembled spacecraft that flew past Duna. Duna 4 was a mission to land on duna.