Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

46 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Personally, I would not check for new releases until the holidays are over. 

Just saying. No inside info. 

Well, Santa delivers stuff during the holidays so... :D

1 hour ago, AndyChilly said:

Dear Moderators, would it be okay if I post 'is it here yet?' every hour on this discussion?

Pls no

1 hour ago, klesh said:

I still would like to know in what regions is this certification taking place.   

I believe that last we heard, the target is for a worldwide release. They definitely mentioned Europe for both consoles, which is what got missed last time. 

1 minute ago, AndyChilly said:

Is Auto-Strut a Mod on pc? i hear it referenced a lot and being a 'essential' tool. Or is it a stock thing? if so. any sniff of us console bums seeing it?

It's stock, and came out in 1.2 I think so it should be on the console release.

Just trying to read up some more on Enhanced Edition but there isn't much more info than the control presets, but peoples comments have left me dumbfounded. 

Some PC users are annoyed that console users are the only ones getting these presets.

i mean, c'mon, give us something!

36 minutes ago, AndyChilly said:

Just trying to read up some more on Enhanced Edition but there isn't much more info than the control presets, but peoples comments have left me dumbfounded. 

Some PC users are annoyed that console users are the only ones getting these presets.

i mean, c'mon, give us something!

The thing is we still don’t even have it yet.  They should at least wait until they finish and get it to us.  Also we’ll still be a few versions behind the PC version, and we have no indication on dlc for the console either.   Just saying........

4 hours ago, Kerbuvim said:

What about localizations in the version for PS4?

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is a new console version built from the ground up by Blitworks that incorporates the KSP 1.2.2 “Loud and Clear” update.

Since the localizations were included in version 1.3, its safe to presume that they wont be included in this so called "enhanced" (I guess that's a synonym for "working" these days?) edition.  So far, I don't believe there has been any mention of how, when or if they will be updating the console versions beyond 1.2.2.    One would think that they of course would, but there is certainly no timeframe for it yet.

2 hours ago, klesh said:

Since the localizations were included in version 1.3, its safe to presume that they wont be included in this so called "enhanced" (I guess that's a synonym for "working" these days?) edition.  So far, I don't believe there has been any mention of how, when or if they will be updating the console versions beyond 1.2.2.    One would think that they of course would, but there is certainly no timeframe for it yet.

Here's what I read on the site eu.playstation.com (full link contains Russian letters, so I do not put here)

"Мы стараемся вывести сервисы PlayStation на новый уровень и локализация цифровых проектов в PS Store является обязательным шагом для нас на сегодняшний день."

(We are trying to bring PlayStation services to a new level and the localization of digital projects in the PS Store is a mandatory step for us to date.)

How to relate to this?

56 minutes ago, Kerbuvim said:

(We are trying to bring PlayStation services to a new level and the localization of digital projects in the PS Store is a mandatory step for us to date.)

How to relate to this?

The wording (or probably translation) is a little awkward. 

It sounds like they're saying "We are trying to have all games on PlayStation services to have localization."  Of course, if that is a current requirement then the 1.2.2 "Enhanced Edition" will not have that localization and presumably will not achieve certification.    If its something required in the future, then the KSP team has already done most of the heavy work for localization and it would be up to Blitworks to incorporate it; it's something we've not heard anything about from SQUAD/TakeTwo Interactive.

53 minutes ago, klesh said:

The wording (or probably translation) is a little awkward. 

It sounds like they're saying "We are trying to have all games on PlayStation services to have localization."  Of course, if that is a current requirement then the 1.2.2 "Enhanced Edition" will not have that localization and presumably will not achieve certification.    If its something required in the future, then the KSP team has already done most of the heavy work for localization and it would be up to Blitworks to incorporate it; it's something we've not heard anything about from SQUAD/TakeTwo Interactive.

Yes, this phrase is google-translated, but "mandatory step" - is fully correct. It remains to be hoped that localization "will be delivered")