Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

On May 7, 2017 at 0:31 AM, TheAper said:

Speaking from experience. My PSN account was banned for demanding a refund of a broken/buggy game. I had proof. Oh I got my money back, an apology and a day later a ban too. They are a very understanding and compassionate company.

REALLY!? Thats a new level of ridiculousness from sony. Like permanently banned?

Sorry new to these forums whats pr? And no i had no clue about this i was just trying to get a refund but decided to check here for a progress report or (obviously thinking optimistically) A release date and saw that. Thankfully i did

5 minutes ago, jake867 said:

Sorry new to these forums whats pr? And no i had no clue about this i was just trying to get a refund but decided to check here for a progress report or (obviously thinking optimistically) A release date and saw that. Thankfully i did

"Public Relations". Basically the people that make sure you're still a fan of their products.

Yeah, unfortunately I bought the game a day after its release, so there were no reviews to help me. I figured the bugs associated with vanilla releases wouldn't be that bad in KSP.

How wrong I was...

I tried getting a refund, but Microsoft is really strict on the Digital Download games and refunds associated with them. They told me to contact the devs, which as we all know does nothing.

Edited by LegendaryAce

So no other options besides just wait nice to know. Sony is dead to me im never buying a product with those 4 letters again i hope squad  doesnt make it to that list cuz even with all this bull i still love the game

On 6.5.2017 at 7:15 AM, LegendaryAce said:

Now let's be generous and say that 2 million console owners bought the game (1 million for Xbox, 1 million for PS4). Now let's pretend that both companies took away 20% from each game they sold for a publisher's fee. That means that in this hypothetical scenario, Squad made $64,000,000! With all that money, they still haven't released a patch! And you're telling me that it's not their fault?

You only agreed to send a specific amount of money to (the owner of) 'Deported' There is no saying about ever recieving any working Product. You only get acess to a amount of 'data' that may be (or not) a working game. Nothing else. The only reaso why you get acess to a 'Some Data' is that otherwise there would be the possibility to sue Deported due to recieve nothing for your money.

The seller explicitely exclude that, what was was sold, has any specific function. that is what anyone agreed to, while clicking 'agree to the terms'

As long as no government has problems with 'license agreements' like that, this'll run on.

So i dont know much about systems and modding but is there a chance they will include a few mods in the update as part of the game? In particular the kerbal attachment modd or something of the sort. It seems it would be quite impossible to build large spacecraft or large objects in space without struts or have refueling basses anywhere on a planet without fuel lines. And even if they dont include the whole modd honestly just struts and fuel lines would suffice. And if they arent plannin this is there a thread that i could suggest it to them?

Edited by jake867

2 minutes ago, jake867 said:

So i dont know much about systems and modding but is there a chance they will include a few mods in the update as part of the game?

No, there's no chance that will happen in the next console update. For future updates no one can say for sure, but it's very unlikely.

In particular the kerbal attachment modd or something of the sort. It seems it would be quite impossible to build large objects in space without struts or have refueling basses anywhere on a planet without fuel lines. And even if they dont include the whole modd honestly just struts and fuel lines would suffice.

Not impossible, just less convenient. You can use auto-struts and docking ports to accomplish those tasks.

And if they arent plannin this is there a thread that i could suggest it to them?

There's a whole forum section for development suggestions, but "add my favorite mod" requests are generally not very successful.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/55-suggestions-development-discussion/

36 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Not impossible, just less convenient. You can use auto-struts and docking ports to accomplish those tasks.

AUTO STRUTS!?!? Whats that? And yea of course use docking ports but it waves all over the place at any sighn of acceleration.

There's a whole forum section for development suggestions, but "add my favorite mod" requests are generally not very successful.

Man its not even like that ive never used mods so to say i have a "Favorite" mod is kind of a long shot because i have no clue as to all that exist. I just like the idea of having a refueling base that doesnt require docking it seems like a resonable thing to add since its not possible (as far as i know) to get mods on console. Im very interested in your reply about auto struts though maybe it will solve some of the issues Im having 

Thanks ill check it out.

Edited by jake867

34 minutes ago, jake867 said:

AUTO STRUTS!?!? Whats that?

I couldn't find any good official references about them, but if you turn on "advanced tweakables" in the settings in KSP 1.2, you get an auto-strut option in the right click menu of parts, where you can choose to auto-strut to the grandparent part, the most massive part, or the root part.

And yea of course use docking ports but it waves all over the place at any sighn of acceleration.

For a ground-based refueling station, you'd only be docked long enough to transfer fuel, so that should be less of an issue. Either way, auto-struts can help with this, too.

Man its not even like that ive never used mods so to say i have a "Favorite" mod is kind of a long shot because i have no clue as to all that exist.

Whether it's your favorite mod or not will not be a factor in whether SQUAD agrees to incorporate it into the game. :)

Im very interested in your reply about auto struts though maybe it will solve some of the issues Im having 

Do they even have auto struts for console 

Not yet. They were introduced in 1.2, so you'll get them with the next update. You might be able to use aircraft landing gear instead on 1.1; they were introduced there first, and only later expanded to all parts.

6 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

but if you turn on "advanced tweakables" in the settings in KSP 1.2, you get an auto-strut option in the right click menu of parts, where you can choose to auto-strut to the grandparent part, the most massive part, or the root part.

Unfortunately im only on console there is no advananced tweekables in options.

9 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

For a ground-based refueling station, you'd only be docked long enough to transfer fuel, so that should be less of an issue. Either way, auto-struts can help with this, too.

Then i have to make every docking port EXACTLY the same height and accesible on every spacecraft which hinders variety in design. And still dont have auto struts

55 minutes ago, jake867 said:

And yea of course use docking ports but it waves all over the place at any sighn of acceleration.

I was talking about the wet noodle affect in spacecraft. 

15 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Whether it's your favorite mod or not will not be a factor in whether SQUAD agrees to incorporate it into the game. :)

But you just implied it would affect it negatively in this quote below? Im confused but its irrelevant so nevermind that.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

20 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

You might be able to use aircraft landing gear instead on 1.1; they were introduced there first, and only later expanded to all parts.

use landing gear for structural integrity? How? 

Unfortunately im only on console there is no advananced tweekables in options.

And still dont have auto struts

use landing gear for structural integrity? How? 

Right, you'll need 1.2 for full auto-struts.

In 1.1, auto-struts are available, but only on landing gear. So you can put extra/unnecessary landing gear on a ship, send it to a station, dock, and then establish an auto-strut between the landing gear and the station.

Then i have to make every docking port EXACTLY the same height and accesible on every spacecraft which hinders variety in design.

Yup, it's an obstacle. Some people have approached it as a design challenge.

But you just implied it would affect it negatively in this quote below? Im confused but its irrelevant so nevermind that.

I implied that SQUAD doesn't generally add mods when requested. Whether it's your favorite or not doesn't matter.

10 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

In 1.1, auto-struts are available, but only on landing gear. So you can put extra/unnecessary landing gear on a ship, send it to a station, dock, and then establish an auto-strut between the landing gear and the station.

REALLY? Ill definitely look into that thanks thats alot of help hopefully it works on console

10 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I implied that SQUAD doesn't generally add mods when requested. Whether it's your favorite or not doesn't matter.

aah gotcha

12 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Yup, it's an obstacle. Some people have approached it as a design challenge.

Challenge accepted lol

12 hours ago, BogusDionysus48 said:

Ya SQUAD has made a whole DLC for computer, time to give console users some love :(

I agree with you that it has taken too long, but I would like to clarify this point. SQUAD are not working on the console ports at all. That work has been outsourced to Blitworks.

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

That work has been outsourced to Blitworks.

Yes but if you try to find a blitworks forum they will just tell you to check  out these forums for info on the game. Either way whoevers doing it is taking entirely to long

2 hours ago, Deddly said:

I agree with you that it has taken too long, but I would like to clarify this point. SQUAD are not working on the console ports at all. That work has been outsourced to Blitworks.

Either way, I get a game company can be busy but delaying a update for over a year is starting to make me wonder how long this is going to take. 

4 hours ago, jake867 said:

Yes but if you try to find a blitworks forum they will just tell you to check  out these forums for info on the game. Either way whoevers doing it is taking entirely to long

I agree that the handling of the console port(s) has been a complete and utter <expletive implied> job.

But the lack of progress reports, other than "Hey, it's moving forward!", isn't unusual when several companies are involved.

Squad isn't doing any actual development on the console ports, they've handed that over to Blitworks (after a less successful run with FTE).

Then add that nothing gets released on consoles until it's been cleared by the powers that be at the respective console stores (MS and Sony).

That setup creates a really ugly minefield for the people at marketing and/or customer interaction.

Blitworks can't say much, since they are paid by Squad to deliver working ports to Squad and have no information on how Squad wants to communicate with it's users.

Squad can't say much because they rely 100% on Blitworks to deliver working ports that are accepted by MS and Sony.

MS and Sony can't say anything until they've got the ports to evaluate.

And none of the companies involved have any interest of pointing out the other as 'the bad one' in a business relationship.

So they stick to "Hey, it's moving forward!" until they have anything more solid to say.

A boring but very normal state of affairs :/

I think the best thing to realize is that nothing you say or do is going to move this along faster. I read a lot of opinions on here about game development process and in my opinion they are not based on fact or confirmed details but ideas of how people think the process works. After almost a year of waiting for the fix it is better to keep your eye on The KSP Weekly post and be patient. The fact that SQUAD didn't abandon the console version all together says something about them in my opinion. There are no more problems with the console versions now, only solutions.

A good way to justify the long wait now is with a few certainties you can probably count on.

1. The game will not corrupt your save
2. The game will perform better
3. You will be playing on an updated version of the game, close to what PC players have now. More game to play.
4. If you bought the game already you will not be paying for the new release.

These points have been stated by the devs in some form or another on the KSP Weekly.

Some things are worth waiting for. I think KSP is one of them.

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash