Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

Just now, Deddly said:

It hasn't been released yet, Kerbuvim. It is the version currently being worked on (on console). 

What he is talking about is how long it's taking the console version to come out, and using the PC updates to measure that amount of time. 

10 minutes ago, Leopard said:

space programmes do have a long history of missing deadlines though

The most disgusting thing is that they silently "forget" about their promises, as if nothing happened
Edited by Kerbuvim

19 hours ago, Badie said:

We are working really hard on consoles and it's something very important for us. I'll share you  message guys! :wink:

Thanks Badie! Please forward best regards to the team who placed console screenshots and achievement updates in the weekly update thread. The effort is being noticed.  :wink:

Edited by Dunnfore

4 hours ago, Dunnfore said:

Thanks Badie! Please forward best regards to the team who placed console screenshots and achievement updates in the weekly update thread. The effort is being noticed.  :wink:

Thanks for the positive response :D 

We will keep working hard 

I got it on xbox when it came out and managed to play almost every day for about 2 months before my saves just disappeared.  It just made it all the more frustrating to get so far only to have my progress erased.  Also, there are the many hours lost before that due to crashes.  

So sure, its playable, but the frustration it causes and the potential to be sent back to square one at any time kills the enjoyment for me.

Needless to say, I cant bloody wait for this update, hurry it up Blitworks!  Also, any chance of a delta-V calculator?

@Ineedaweapon Supposedly they're completely overhauling the maneuver node system, so chances are that we'll get a built in Delta-V calculator. 

I just can't wait to play a stable game that doesn't literally make me scream with rage when the orbit planner locks out my inputs.

35 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I haven't seen any mention of that for any version of the game aside from the educational version, I would not hold my breath.

One can only hope right? I just want some clouds and the ability to have infinite fuel so I can experiment building the most efficient SSTO designs.

FYI to those following this thread but not the KSP Weekly announcements, SQUAD have announced that Take Two Interactive is now helping with the console port, following their acquisition of the KSP IP. Unlike SQUAD or the formerly involved Flying Tiger Entertainment, TTWO has extensive experience with publishing high quality console games.

52 minutes ago, SQUAD said:
We also want to reassure our players that the work on the updated console version continues. Together with Blitworks and Take-Two’s production team who are now helping us out, we will deliver a console port of the highest quality. We’ll have more to share on that as development continues.

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

FYI to those following this thread but not the KSP Weekly announcements, SQUAD have announced that Take Two Interactive is now helping with the console port, following their acquisition of the KSP IP. Unlike SQUAD or the formerly involved Flying Tiger Entertainment, TTWO has extensive experience with publishing high quality console games.

Great news... thanks for informing us

3 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I already checked it out, but thanks for the heads-up. There were quite a lot of people complaining though, which is weird. At this rate, I doubt Take Two could do anything worse than what FTE did.

Besides, they were the parent company of Irrational Games, whose IP included the Bioshock franchise.

On June 1, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Ineedaweapon said:

I got it on xbox when it came out and managed to play almost every day for about 2 months before my saves just disappeared.  It just made it all the more frustrating to get so far only to have my progress erased.  Also, there are the many hours lost before that due to crashes.  

So sure, its playable, but the frustration it causes and the potential to be sent back to square one at any time kills the enjoyment for me.

Needless to say, I cant bloody wait for this update, hurry it up Blitworks!  Also, any chance of a delta-V calculator?

I do not consider that playable at all.

On 04/06/2017 at 5:16 AM, Jeremiah said:

I do not consider that playable at all.

It's playable in a purely pedantic sense, in that technically you can play it, so long as you're willing to put up with irritating instability and an inability to reliably save progress.  In the same way that game preview and early access games in alpha stage are technically playable, but clearly in no way finished.

5 hours ago, Ineedaweapon said:

It's playable in a purely pedantic sense, in that technically you can play it, so long as you're willing to put up with irritating instability and an inability to reliably save progress.  In the same way that game preview and early access games in alpha stage are technically playable, but clearly in no way finished.

Sure, you can start up the game, build a basic rocket, and launch it, but that's about it. If you consider that playable, then yes. But if you plan on actually playing it, even for a day, good luck with that. Personally I don't consider that playable at all. If a game crashes frequently, becomes unresponsive frequently, freezes frequently, and corrupts almost daily, then I do not consider it playable. In all my years of gaming since the days of PlayStation 1, I have never seen a game so unplayable. Its impossible that they didn't know it was this bad during testing, if there even was testing. Either they knowingly released a far from finished game, or they didn't even bother to test it. Both are equally bad an unprofessional, so stop praising/defending them because they're either greedy or irresponsible. Also, it's past half of 2017, so much for their goal of early 2017.

Edited by Jeremiah

18 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Sure, you can start up the game, build a basic rocket, and launch it, but that's about it. If you consider that playable, then yes. But if you plan on actually playing it, even for a day, good luck with that. Personally I don't consider that playable at all. If a game crashes frequently, becomes unresponsive frequently, freezes frequently, and corrupts almost daily, then I do not consider it playable. In all my years of gaming since the days of PlayStation 1, I have never seen a game so unplayable. Its impossible that they didn't know it was this bad during testing, if there even was testing. Either they knowingly released a far from finished game, or they didn't even bother to test it. Both are equally bad an unprofessional, so stop praising/defending them because they're either greedy or irresponsible. Also, it's past half of 2017, so much for their goal of early 2017.

I dont know where you got the idea that I was praising or defending anyone.