Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

see what we end up with when it comes out, Squad have mentioned 1.2.2, would assume anything beyond that around localisation that could be included will have been - or that the groundwork for it will be there so adding it later isn't a case of re-writing anything.

its been broken some 18 months, will see what happens when it lands

/cynical

@Leopard

It may have been broken that long, but the rebuild started around 12 months ago as they tried to patch the old version multiple times.

For all the localization stuff to work Squad completely overhauled the whole User Interface in 1.3. I suspect that work hasn't been done yet because I would think they would have mentioned it by now. It's possible they could still surprise us, but if they didn't build the new console versions UI with the 1.3 changes, then they'll likely have a lot of UI work to do before the localization options can be added.

Official release date announced:

23 minutes ago, SQUAD said:
We are super excited to announce that Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is coming out  on January 16th, 2018 and it will be available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is a new console version built from the ground up in collaboration with the experienced team of BlitWorks. Exclusive to the Enhanced Edition, we included re-worked and console-optimized UI, the addition of a new control scheme for the maneuver nodes controls, and three completely reworked controller presets that players will be able to switch between at any time during play: Cursor, Radial and Simplified. Click here to learn more.

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition also incorporates the KSP 1.2.2 “Loud and Clear” update. This version includes a broad range of improvements and features that will improve the overall game experience from the prior console version, such as the introduction of CommNet and KerbNet, more tweakable options of many parts, a complete fuel system overhaul, and much more!

We also want to reiterate our commitment to stand by our promise to the owners of the previous console version, who will be able to redeem the Enhanced Edition free of cost.

KSP Enhanced Edition will appear on your library as a separate game and  no data will be overwritten from the older versions, so you won’t lose your progress in those versions. However, because the Enhanced Edition was built from the ground up, save files from the previous version will not be compatible with the new Enhanced Edition. But that does mean you’ll be able to get those trophies and achievements a second time!

Just seen the release date and I jumped from enthusiasm to be able to play it again.

Though it was a mistake because I was sitting at my table which has a sharp ridge and I cut myself on it, yikes.

Even the long-awaited release date announcement is made in the SUQAD-style of "about nothing" - there are no details. Is there a localization or not? Is there optimization for PS4 Pro or not? Will there be a higher resolution or high-resolution textures? Is there a limit of 300 details? There are no answers ...

10 hours ago, Kerbuvim said:

Even the long-awaited release date announcement is made in the SUQAD-style of "about nothing" - there are no details. Is there a localization or not? Is there optimization for PS4 Pro or not? Will there be a higher resolution or high-resolution textures? Is there a limit of 300 details? There are no answers ...

I have no inside information, but I think we can safely assume "no" to any unannounced new features that were not a part of 1.2 Loud and Clear. 

Higher resolution or part count is a definite possibility, though, since it has been confirmed that there is a significant performance improvement. 

I guess we will find out in just over a week :)

On 07/01/2018 at 2:28 AM, LegendaryAce said:

Okay, so this is a bit random, but now that the release date is confirmed, am I the only one that wishes that they could use their own music in the game?

I could just imagine entering the Jool system hearing this song.

Careful usage of either the mute button, or turning off the in game music coupled with a seriously excessive sound system nearby?

58 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Careful usage of either the mute button, or turning off the in game music coupled with a seriously excessive sound system nearby?

Or do like I did back on my 360 and play my music through the One...

1 hour ago, LegendaryAce said:

Or do like I did back on my 360 and play my music through the One...

I don't have an Xbone but did have a 360, and according to a friend the newer console does not handle personal music while gaming like the older one did.

8 hours ago, Erichardson said:

A little concerning that KSP isn’t in the games coming soon catagory on Xbox One

Ive been keeping my eye open for it but I just assume it will 'pop' up on the day lol

13 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I don't have an Xbone but did have a 360, and according to a friend the newer console does not handle personal music while gaming like the older one did.

I have the spotify app on my xbox one. that way I can play music and control it making use of the xbox button...love playing space games with final fantasy piano collection in the background.

1 hour ago, AndyChilly said:

I have the spotify app on my xbox one. that way I can play music and control it making use of the xbox button...love playing space games with final fantasy piano collection in the background.

Ah. His problem was playing music locally off a hard drive or his network. Makes sense that they'd disable that to encourage you to pay use their partners.

8 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Ah. His problem was playing music locally off a hard drive or his network. Makes sense that they'd disable that to encourage you to pay use their partners.

meh i pay them nothing, Spotify App is free and i just stick on  FF piano collections with a free account and deal with a short advert every few songs gets me what i need in life.

11 minutes ago, AndyChilly said:

meh i pay them nothing, Spotify App is free and i just stick on  FF piano collections with a free account and deal with a short advert every few songs gets me what i need in life.

That's totally fair. It's just sad that they removed functionality for a financial - instead of a technical - reason.