Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

4 hours ago, Finch said:

Alpha or beta testing would b a nice compromise to people still holding out for a working game 

They're doing a closed beta, as said in the most recent KSPWeekly.

The external testing team, who have been helping us out for a couple of weeks already, continue providing us with valuable feedback.

PS4 Kerbal player here, was just curious with the upcoming update does anyone know if our old save files will be obsolete?  Will we have to start fresh?  

Also is the Making History DLC definitely coming to consoles?  Haven't seen that actually confirmed anywhere.

5 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

PS4 Kerbal player here, was just curious with the upcoming update does anyone know if our old save files will be obsolete?  Will we have to start fresh?  

Also is the Making History DLC definitely coming to consoles?  Haven't seen that actually confirmed anywhere.

I fear that since it's a brand new port, we may not be able to import our saves. Perhaps Squad will say otherwise, but I'll still remain a pessimist. That way, I can be pleasantly surprised if we can.

8 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I remember reading somewhere that our old saves would still be useable but if you want to make use of the new features like kerbnet and commnet you would need to start a new game.

I can't remember for the life of me where I read that though, I can't seem to find it anywhere, so I don't know how reliable that info is.

As for making history, I don't think anyone knows if we're getting that or not.  I doubt we'll find out before it releases on PC.

Edited by Ineedaweapon

Thanks for the reply's.   I don't really mind having to start over if I have to, just if I knew we did I'd put my current caree on hiatus and maybe start planning how I'd want to tackle starting a new one.  I may just start a new career either way.   Looking forward to the update, and I really hope we eventually get the DLC.

Edited by OrganizedChaos

On 7/9/2017 at 4:45 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

They're doing a closed beta, as said in the most recent KSPWeekly.

And im talking open to all that have purchased the broken copy n held out waiting

2 hours ago, Finch said:

And im talking open to all that have purchased the broken copy n held out waiting

I was thinking the same thing! Why not allow everyone who bought the game for console to participate in the beta?

Because random players who only want to play the game make for bad testers?

Edit:

Think of it this way: Why do companies have paid testing staff, if they could get a bunch of random people to do it for free?  Testing, repeatedly testing, writing reports of testing, testing the same thing over and over again, writing more reports.

There's a reason it's a job.

Edited by razark

razark is right, proper beta testing is incredibly boring...

Usually,  those open betas we see around are meant to test systems and server loads, not the actual software/game...

I did some beta testing in the past and, oh boy, it is annoying :D

Beta testing KSP would be something like "add 200 gigantor solar panels and hurl the craft towards the sun and carefully check if EC ratio goes bonkers... then repeat 100x to be sure and write a report of your findings"

38 minutes ago, Thiagobs said:

Usually,  those open betas we see around are meant to test systems and server loads, not the actual software/game...

Beta testing KSP would be something like "add 200 gigantor solar panels and hurl the craft towards the sun and carefully check if EC ratio goes bonkers... then repeat 100x to be sure and write a report of your findings"

That actually sounds really fun to me! I've taken part in numerous beta tests, and I'd be more than happy to do that!

23 hours ago, Thiagobs said:

Sounds like alpha testing (and earlier).  Then again, these days we are expecting to ship the beta, so names keep getting pushed back.

On 03/07/2017 at 9:24 AM, razark said:

Meh.  People will sell anythingUrlAdvisorGoodImage.png.  People will buy anythingUrlAdvisorGoodImage.png.

Stupid companies are as common as stupid consumers.  Does it really mean anything?

should i type an answer to that and this using:
a) a keyboard
b) an ipad
c) a gamepad
d) a joystick
e) a joypad
f) a flight simulator homemade cockpit
g) a bundle of one or many

i really do wonder when microsoft, sony and nintendo will provide a more convenient wired/non wired "proper" typing interface per default with the rise of drm,and dematerialised software & etc.

i really don't like the fact console and many more or less massive multiplayer cell phone game kinda force the player in the shut up and play, your not allowed to discuss here mode, ... the past few years ... & while you'r almost 50 50% of time harrased per some ed209 and/or else of all kinds ...

it's sort of remind me the 1950 1960 how many tv channel and there grid ... 

Spoiler

orange-mecanique.jpg

slighty ...

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

You know what they could've/should've done? Released the current build as an open beta for those who bought it for console. Not for testing, but so they can play a better version than what's currently available while they wait for the game to be re-released. AKA early access.

It is now July 12th and has officially been a full year. I will certainly not be recommending KSP to anyone ever again and I will never again buy a game from Squad.

21 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

You know what they could've/should've done? Released the current build as an open beta for those who bought it for console. Not for testing, but so they can play a better version than what's currently available while they wait for the game to be re-released. AKA early access.

It is now July 12th and has officially been a full year. I will certainly not be recommending KSP to anyone ever again and I will never again buy a game from Squad.

Yes, today is the anniversary of shame with the consoles, it took a whole year of empty chatter from SQUAD. "We are working on it". Ugh

Since it's been a year, I hearby propose that the console version be officially declared damnatio memoriae, never to be spoken of again.

I think that would be much better than Squad trying to get a working version of it, and letting people know it is still being worked on.

5 hours ago, razark said:

Since it's been a year, I hearby propose that the console version be officially declared damnatio memoriae, never to be spoken of again.

I think that would be much better than Squad trying to get a working version of it, and letting people know it is still being worked on.

I'm not entirely sure how to take this post.

Are you a console player who's finally had enough? Or are you a pc player who's sick if our "whining"?

Besides, erasing something like the console version of Ksp from history would have..... consequences!

For instance, wiping it from our hard drives would not be sufficient. You would also have to erase all the transactions for said game, refunding all the console players could have a detrimental effect upon squad as a whole.

Why not just settle for the erasure of FTE? I don't think you'll have many objections

2 hours ago, Broke dead dogg said:

Or are you a pc player who's sick if our "whining"?

More of a forum user who is simply sick of hearing the same complaint repeated, no matter what Squad says.

Has the console situation been a fiasco?  Yes.

Has Squad handled it the way it should have been?  No.

Has Squad been providing information about the console version lately?  Yes.

Has it helped the situation?  No.

Do console players have reason to be upset?  Certainly.

Is anything Squad does at this point, short of releasing a complete, working, gloriously bug-free console version going to make console users happy?  Of course not.

So what remains to be said?  Nothing.

As someone who has been here for years, I've seen plenty of it from the PC players as well.  Might as well scream at a brick wall.  Squad will do what Squad will do.

what really tick me a little with this, and this is not at all especially ksp related but more a whole gaming market view of stuffs:

- amount of early access rising
- QA feedback methods
- console and internet "relationship" evolve the last 15 years (is it just me or it is'nt really something we can call bi-directionnal and properly balanced ?)

i think you can take almost any game wich is multi - cross platform and check their forum

no surprise the non keyboard platform QA subsection tend to receive much less post and corrupted/buggy save files ... how it impact fixing and update rate ... figure it out ...
(and all hardware uniformity concern aside ...)

now speaking of ksp, specific gameplay various command and quick access requirement (especially during liftoff, landing, orbital nodes) well it also bring some additonnal ergonomics concern

Spoiler

don't you think it's weird microsoft never brought this licence to X-Box yet (for exemple) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator

i do wonder why ...

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

18 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

While I'm certainly not happy that it has been a year without an update to fix a single issue on the PS4 version, the situation seems to be different than most other games.   I don't completely blame Squad, they simple just chose very poorly when finding a dev to handle the port.  The fact that they recognized that Flying Tiger completely butchered the port. Then they parted ways and chose a new dev to pick up the pieces shows they care.   They care enough to have someone redo what another dev completely [ruined].

Its been a painful wait,  I just hope that the new build was worth the wait and we get a much better experience when all is said and done.  After all it is a great game and I'd love to see continued support for the console versions.

Edited by Vanamonde
Watch the language, please.

2 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

what really tick me a little with this, and this is not at all especially ksp related but more a whole gaming market view of stuffs:

- amount of early access rising
- QA feedback methods
- console and internet "relationship" evolve the last 15 years (is it just me or it is'nt really something we can call bi-directionnal and properly balanced ?)

i think you can take almost any game wich is multi - cross platform and check their forum

no surprise the non keyboard platform QA subsection tend to receive much less post and corrupted/buggy save files ... how it impact fixing and update rate ... figure it out ...
(and all hardware uniformity concern aside ...)

now speaking of ksp, specific gameplay various command and quick access requirement (especially during liftoff, landing, orbital nodes) well it also bring some additonnal ergonomics concern

Reveal hidden contents

don't you think it's weird microsoft never brought this licence to X-Box yet (for exemple) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator

i do wonder why ...

Can I just ask, with complete sincerity, does this ^ post make sense to anyone else? Or am I having some kind of aneurysm?! It reads to me, like #winkallkerb is using some 3rd rate translation program and it hasn't quite hit the mark.

Or am I just getting old?

1 hour ago, Broke dead dogg said:

... 3rd rate translation program ...

don't take it personnal but not everyone got the luck that it's finger can follow it's brain, that bein said ... don't think to fast about it it might hurt your typo , )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Please don't attack each other over differing opinions of the console port. 

Also, keep in mind that not everyone here is a native English speaker. 

Oh, and some politically-related comments have been removed from the thread. That never ends well. 

"Twelve months.

Twelve long months."

(Not sure if many people will get the reference, since it was an Xbox 360 only game.)

Anyway, all fun aside, the 1 year mark has come and passed, and we're still waiting. I'd like to say I'm holding out hope, but that was dead a while ago. If the update comes out, so be it. But I'm not gonna be eagerly awaiting it.

*sighs* At least Air Superiority on Battlefield 4 never gets old for me...

Ive been waiting for months all i own is ps4 this is my favorite broken game that crashes for bo reson ever. I build huge craft no proble i build small craft no problem but game randomly will crash and delete all your progress at some point your data just poofs into unexsistance