UomoCapra

Development Update for Consoles!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

 

Okay cool, I just wasnt sure if, the current issues with FPS were even considered an issue with them or if it was just accepted as a limitation of porting ksp to console.

I just hope that they have improved the FPS while launching big rockets. I had made a mun rocket and it dropped to like 10-15fps while leaving Kerbins atmosphere. With FPS that low it’s impossible to control the ship properly. And this was on PS4 by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NoahThomas29 said:

I had made a mun rocket

 

How many parts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoahThomas29 said:

Gosh I can’t remember. Maybe 60-100 parts.

 

Uh huh.  That's not what most would consider an oversized or even "big" ship.  Lets hope you can make them bigger than that without any slowdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, klesh said:

 

Uh huh.  That's not what most would consider an oversized or even "big" ship.  Lets hope you can make them bigger than that without any slowdown.

I think it’s mainly caused by engines. Like if you have 4 or more engines on at once the smoke crashes (pun intended) the FPS. But it could also be caused by a multitude of other reason I’m unaware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NoahThomas29 said:

I think it’s mainly caused by engines. Like if you have 4 or more engines on at once the smoke crashes (pun intended) the FPS. But it could also be caused by a multitude of other reason I’m unaware of.

My issue  was trying to make anything in orbit...as soon as you hit like 4+ docked objects it just drops to an unusable state and really being able to make grand stations should be part of what the game is all about. if they can't fix that issue i will be sorely disappointed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

My issue  was trying to make anything in orbit...as soon as you hit like 4+ docked objects it just drops to an unusable state and really being able to make grand stations should be part of what the game is all about. if they can't fix that issue i will be sorely disappointed

I had a 7 module station before my save was deleted and they were complicated module shot just labs with docking ports

Radiators, EVA Suits robotic docking probe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"In other news, KSP on Consoles is ever closer to its release and this means that the focus is shifting towards polishing details and attempting to find any remaining issues. In the meantime, we are pleased to announce that the official name of these versions is Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition! And if you’ve been paying attention you’ll know that we are not only including a reworked UI, 3 different Controller Set Ups exclusive to consoles, and a wide array of improvements, but also all the content included in 1.2.2 Loud and Clear. We’ll be posting more detailed information about these ports in the upcoming weeks, so stick around for that."

 

this weeks update.  I would have went with "working edition!"  but enhanced is good to :P lol  cant wait to hear more,  and while i cant wait to try the new control schemes, i still wish mouse n keyboard was an option.

 

edit: also i cant remember, did the original console version have auto strut and fuel flow options?

Edited by DD_bwest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DD_bwest said:

"In other news, KSP on Consoles is ever closer to its release and this means that the focus is shifting towards polishing details and attempting to find any remaining issues. In the meantime, we are pleased to announce that the official name of these versions is Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition! And if you’ve been paying attention you’ll know that we are not only including a reworked UI, 3 different Controller Set Ups exclusive to consoles, and a wide array of improvements, but also all the content included in 1.2.2 Loud and Clear. We’ll be posting more detailed information about these ports in the upcoming weeks, so stick around for that."

 

this weeks update.  I would have went with "working edition!"  but enhanced is good to :P lol  cant wait to hear more,  and while i cant wait to try the new control schemes, i still wish mouse n keyboard was an option.

 

edit: also i cant remember, did the original console version have auto strut and fuel flow options?

Negative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just slightly concernt that this is the last update console will see, why change the Name of the game? Or it is a Marketing thing, so if u search for it u dont See the mess with the First port

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PrvDancer85 said:

I'm just slightly concernt that this is the last update console will see, why change the Name of the game? Or it is a Marketing thing, so if u search for it u dont See the mess with the First port

Squad has been naming their version updates since 0.24 or 0.25.  When they added a career mode, they called the update "Economic Boom", when they went from alpha to beta with version 0.90 it was "Beta than ever", etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Squad has been naming their version updates since 0.24 or 0.25.  When they added a career mode, they called the update "Economic Boom", when they went from alpha to beta with version 0.90 it was "Beta than ever", etc.

That was Name of the change right, so we get 1.2.2 loud and clear. But the Name of game never changed

7 hours ago, DD_bwest said:

this weeks update.  I would have went with "working edition!"  but enhanced is good to :P lol  cant wait to hear more,  and while i cant wait to try the new control schemes, i still wish mouse n keyboard was an option. 

Did they ever said something about nativ mouse and Keyboard Support? There a few games that have that, War thunder, fortnite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PrvDancer85 said:

I'm just slightly concernt that this is the last update console will see, why change the Name of the game? Or it is a Marketing thing, so if u search for it u dont See the mess with the First port

If I had to guess it would be to differentiate from the FT port.  They are essentially re-releasing the game.  Plus it is being released with more content then the original console port.  It’s not much different when other games are re-release with all the DLC a year or two later (I.E.  GoY edition, Definitive Edtion and so on).

Its my belief that if they went through the trouble of getting a new dev and redoing the console port that they will continue to support it as long as the pc version.  Though I have a feeling that the future updates that add things to the game will come with a price tag on consoles where as they will probably continue to be free for pc.  I wouldn’t have a problem with that either as long as the upated’s add content (priced correctly) and are not just patches to fix things(those should always be free).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

If I had to guess it would be to differentiate from the FT port.  They are essentially re-releasing the game.  Plus it is being released with more content then the original console port.  It’s not much different when other games are re-release with all the DLC a year or two later (I.E.  GoY edition, Definitive Edtion and so on).

Its my belief that if they went through the trouble of getting a new dev and redoing the console port that they will continue to support it as long as the pc version.  Though I have a feeling that the future updates that add things to the game will come with a price tag on consoles where as they will probably continue to be free for pc.  I wouldn’t have a problem with that either as long as the upated’s add content (priced correctly) and are not just patches to fix things(those should always be free).

It is a new game completely seperate from FTE version and data is not transferable. and after all this I hope a get Making History at a discount. Again I'm HOPING that isn't confirmed

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Negative

nice. that'll make life easier when it comes to part totals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

If I had to guess it would be to differentiate from the FT port.  They are essentially re-releasing the game.  Plus it is being released with more content then the original console port.  It’s not much different when other games are re-release with all the DLC a year or two later (I.E.  GoY edition, Definitive Edtion and so on).

I really hope it is this way.

 

Totaly agree with the fixing update should be free thing. 

I dont know if I would buy an Upgrade to 1.3, 1.2.2 should be enough 2018 for me. Just want to visit  some bodies and hunting some eastereggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, everyone. It has been confirmed that this will be a free replacement for everyone who bought the original version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 2:16 AM, PrvDancer85 said:

 

Did they ever said something about nativ mouse and Keyboard Support? There a few games that have that, War thunder, fortnite

No they havent said anything about it being in there,  and the only mention i can ever remember was during the FTE port and saying it wouldnt be compatible.  

I dont expect it to be there, especially with all the work that went into the new controls,  Just with as much experience i have using my M+K and that i play on a rather crappy laptop, it would be really nice to have the option as i would get better performance on console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SQUAD said:
Moving on Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition, we are happy to share with you that the console builds have entered the certification process, which is one of the last steps for our release on consoles next month.

We also noticed questions regarding the compatibility of save files between the Enhanced Edition and the previous version of KSP on consoles, so to avoid further confusion, we want to remind you that KSP Enhanced Edition has been built form the ground up - that is - a brand new version, a different developer and, naturally, new code. On the downside, this also means that the save files from the previous version will no longer be compatible with Enhanced Edition, but anyone who had previously bought KSP on consoles will still be able to download and play it, despite it no longer being available to purchase in the stores. Furthermore, no data will be overwritten from the older versions, so you won’t lose your progress. KSP Enhanced Edition will appear on your library as a separate game and, on the brightside, you’ll be able to get twice as many achievements from playing both versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know theyre still saying next month, but Ive got my fingers crossed for it to release the last week of December, since Im off work that week.  That would be the best xmas present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm so i gotta start trophies from scratch  again eh?

 

lol i wonder how few launches i can do it in.. looks like ill be maki g a road map.

 

are the trophies alll the same? or are there any new ones?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm wondering, when will we get a ksp: the enhanced edition 1.3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

i'm wondering, when will we get a ksp: the enhanced edition 1.3?

i have heard several time estimates for certification,   1-2 weeks on the low end,  and an indie dev i know once said as long as a month.

either way the wait isnt that much longer,   we could get lucky with a launch this year,  but my guess is early jan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a lil news snippet from Windows Central website states that 'The Kerbal team later made the game unavailable to purchase for Xbox One due to a number of complaints from gamers, ranging from corrupted saves and no mod availability.'

Does that mean that this website are under the impression the Enhanced Edition will have mod availability?

As far as we are aware it wont will it? I mean they would never keep that big of juicy info to themselves?

Edited by AndyChilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.