[1.2.2] Real Solar System Visual Enhancements v1.2.2-RC4 [2017-09-03]

Phineas Freak

8 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

And that's the weird thing. How it is a conflict problem since all these mods are required to operate correctly together (and they do so)?

yep, i don't know .. because obviously if the terrain is not showing up with EVE+ RSSVE and RSS, but is showing up with RSS+scatterer, that's a mod terrain modifier that could be the cause .. 

I tried to fly up to space, the ground and clouds were showing up, to about 140 km .. At this distance people have the "transition" normally, but I have the transition to full ocean ^^

I wonder if the scatterer config changes we have to do for it to work with RSS are that important ? because maybe the "distanceload" etc are wrong and the terrain isn't loading anymore,  i don't know why these would be wrong in this install but ..

the log is reset when you reload the game right ? because if not, i can try to find it 

Edited by Alex38

The blue globe problem is very frustrating indeed; the workaround is to swap

./GameData/RSSVE/Scatterer_Configs/Earth/Earth_Atmosphere.cfg

with

./GameData/scatterer/config/Planets/Kerbin/atmo.cfg

- copy atmo.cfg, rename the copy and replace the Earth_Atmosphere.cfg file with it.

Tested it with a simple hop out of the atmosphere, looks nice, same goes for monitoring station screen.

6 hours ago, Gaest said:

The blue globe problem is very frustrating indeed; the workaround is to swap

./GameData/RSSVE/Scatterer_Configs/Earth/Earth_Atmosphere.cfg

with

./GameData/scatterer/config/Planets/Kerbin/atmo.cfg

- copy atmo.cfg, rename the copy and replace the Earth_Atmosphere.cfg file with it.

Tested it with a simple hop out of the atmosphere, looks nice, same goes for monitoring station screen.

Which beats half of the purpose of the complete pack. The Earth Atmo is tailored for realistic visuals, so thanks for your report as we now at least know what to look for when it's happening. Didn't happen to me yet though. 

3 hours ago, Theysen said:

Didn't happen to me yet though.

And that is the major problem here: i cannot reproduce it so i cannot know what the actual problem is. I am very sure that there is a common denominator between the KSP installations (hardware and software) of the users that have reported the issue but without further info there is literally nothing i can do.

Hello
I can confirm blue planet bug, what it is fix only if is remove completly Scatterer, but then it came up other nasty part what you can see in print screen dx11 or dx9 same thing

Spoiler

sOPzbyt.png

EVE (v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0)
DistantObject (v1.8.1.1278)
Kopernicus (1.2.2-4)
ModularFlightIntegrator (v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.3.0)
RealSolarSystem 12
RSSVE-1.2.2.1622-RC3 (RSSVE v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.2.1622)
Scatterer 0.0300

19 hours ago, Theysen said:

Which beats half of the purpose of the complete pack.

Yes, it's only temporary duct tape-like workaround.

I can add that the problem is not only with Earth, but with most other celestial bodies with config in /RSSVE/Scatterer_Config folder. They share something in common, but I'm struggling to figure out what exactly. The opaque bodies are: Earth, Jupiter, Mars, Neptune, Saturn, Titan, Venus.

Pluto and Trinton, despite having atmosphere configs in given folder, have visible textures.

When I switch to tracking station view, I can glance at Earth texture for a fraction of second before the blue sphere appears. There is some layer which supposed to be transparent. Removing upper cloud layer did not changed anything.

Edited by Gaest

@davidy12 Can you do me a small favor? Can you check if you have a "BoulderCo" (or any other similar) folder inside your GameData?

Edit 1: forgot that this message is normal. Still, can you provide me with a log file? Preferably the standard "KSP.log".

Edit 2: also tagging @Alex38, @Gaest, @Blacks for log files.

Edited by Phineas Freak

@Gaest So, something is breaking EVE:

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception handling event OnMapExited in class CloudsPQS:System.NullReferenceException: 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
  at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (IEnumerator routine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsPQS.ExitMapView () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
  at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (IEnumerator routine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsPQS.ExitMapView () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
MapView:OnDestroy()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I have never seen that before. I will have to see if it is something common after i compare the logs of the affected users.

Hello
Here logs, you will have 2 diferite log:
1. RSSVE + Eve + Scatterer = EVESCAT dir => blue planet strike but scenario from print screan is noo more aka earth haze, glow is fine
few NRE generate by Scatterer

Spoiler

[LOG 03:18:41.419] [Tracking Station]: SetVessel(null)
[LOG 03:18:41.420] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Earth
[LOG 03:18:41.428] ScaleModList: listSize 205 maxListSize 1879
[LOG 03:18:41.429] ScaleModList: listSize 205 maxListSize 1879
[LOG 03:18:41.452] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 03:18:41.520] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[EXC 03:18:41.524] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()

Spoiler

[LOG 03:18:34.588] [Scatterer] Sky switched to scaled mode
[LOG 03:18:34.589] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 59199
[EXC 03:18:34.607] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateStuff ()
    scatterer.updateAtCameraRythm.OnPreCull ()
[LOG 03:18:34.619] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Earth
[ERR 03:18:34.682] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.684] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.684] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.685] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.685] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.686] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.686] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.687] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.687] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.688] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.688] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.689] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.689] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.690] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.690] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.691] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.691] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.692] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.692] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.696] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.697] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.697] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.698] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.698] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.699] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.699] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.700] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.700] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.701] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.701] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.702] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.702] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.703] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.722] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.722] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.723] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.723] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.724] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.724] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.
[ERR 03:18:34.725] Trying to create a material from string - this is no longer supported.

2. RSSVE + Eve = Eve dir => remove blue planet but it generate scenario what you was seen in printscrean
You will find KSP log + a extra kopernicus one :wink: what can help you (there are in gamedir\Logs\Kopernicus\), if you need more pm or yell
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3cXd1U0FvcTV1WDA/view?usp=sharing
cheer

Edited by Blacks

So...i found the problem: i forced my KSP dev instance to load with both the "-force-d3d11" and the "-force-opengl" switches. Lo and behold, there's your problem!

Now to find out how to make it work for Mac and Linux...and add a new DirectX check (and warnings) for Windows on startup.

Alright, I created this account just to post about this, because I am also getting the blue planet bug. Rather, every planet with an atmosphere becomes opaque. 

That's not the only problem I am having, though. Whenever I cross the 140000m mark, all planet textures will become black, even if the craft is on the light side of the planet. Also, I have discovered that if you open the Scatterer menu and press the AtmosphereGlobalScale "Set" button, the textures will return to the map, as shown in these two videos.

Also, I'm not really sure if one thing is related to the other, but my game seems really dark. What to do to get it brighter?

Hopefully this helps you solve the problem,  @Phineas Freak .

https://my.mixtape.moe/bljzse.webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/btdpfh.webm

2 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

So...i found the problem: i forced my KSP dev instance to load with both the "-force-d3d11" and the "-force-opengl" switches. Lo and behold, there's your problem!

Now to find out how to make it work for Mac and Linux...and add a new DirectX check (and warnings) for Windows on startup.

problem it is there to with or without "-force-d3d11" switch aka i remove that & run game with only this -popupwindow what means game it will run by default with dx9 what i say i test already in first post aka dx11 or dx9 same thing
when you say "there's your problem!" you mean our SO it have a broke Directix or what ? coz in this case i will say you goo on wrong path :)

@Blacks Your log did not indicate anything out of the ordinary (compared to mine) but i broke my installation by using the DX11 switch. I also use the "-popupwindow" switch under DX9 so i have no idea what the problem is for that specific test run you did. IIRC @Galileo had the same problem (tagging him for confirmation).

No, i meant it as "aha, i managed to get the same results as the users reporting the bug".

Edit: the " scatterer.Core.Update ()" NullRef is normal, i also have it. I am not sure about the "material from string" but you have a lot of other mods so i cannot comment on that one.

@BeeArr That is the same problem that the other users are having. At least for Earth, by applying the Scatterer setttings something breaks and removes the scatter completely (as i can see from the dark texture of the ocean). What is your OS (Windows. Mac, Linux)? Do you use any command line switches to change the renderer?

Edited by Phineas Freak

3 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

No, i meant it as "aha, i managed to get the same results as the users reporting the bug".

aaa that you was meant :) ok. Well if you say DX11 switch was broke something then DX9 it will affect to after that to, but is good you succeed to replicate or triger ze :bug: now hard part is to find what was cause it :) or what it generate that, anyway if you need something specific how i say yell

13 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Blacks Your log did not indicate anything out of the ordinary (compared to mine) but i broke my installation by using the DX11 switch. I also use the "-popupwindow" switch under DX9 so i have no idea what the problem is for that specific test run you did. IIRC @Galileo had the same problem (tagging him for confirmation).

@BeeArr That is the same problem that the other users are having. At least for Earth, by applying the Scatterer setttings something breaks and removes the scatter completely (as i can see from the dark texture of the ocean). What is your OS (Windows. Mac, Linux)? Do you use any command line switches to change the renderer?

I'm running on Windows x64.

-force-d3d11 -popupwindow, should I not use -force-d3d11?

Edited by BeeArr

Just now, Blacks said:

now hard part is to find what was cause it :)

It has definitely something to do with the Scatterer configs themselves. @Gaest mentioned that by replacing the Earth config with the Kerbin config fixed it but i cannot do a direct diff between them since they are completely different.

I want to (blindly) test something though:

• Open the Earth Scatterer config
  • Find the "drawSkyOverClouds" parameter and set it to false
  • Optionally, set the "drawOverCloudsAltitude" parameter to "100000"

RSSVE\Scatterer_Configs\Earth\Earth_Atmosphere cfg
1. "drawSkyOverClouds" parameter and set it to false = check / done
2. "drawOverCloudsAltitude" parameter to "100000"  = check / done
result in print screan below

V00bb86.png

soo this is a fix to issue, but now it came question way if scatterer is remove completely haze, glow planet it get screw up ? you have something hard coded in your build ? if yes then bad idea aka is good to have a flexible visual pack :)

The only thing that are hard-coded are the paths to the textures (same as before). I had the idea of checking for the stock EVE "BoulderCo" folder and removing it (since it breaks a ton of things) but i never materialized it.

Fun fact: the stock Kerbin Scatterer config has the "drawSkyOverClouds" set as "True" and it works fine. Back to the drawing board...

@BeeArr Try it without the DX11 switch and report back.

Edited by Phineas Freak

12 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

The only thing that are hard-coded are the paths to the textures (same as before). I had the idea of checking for the stock EVE "BoulderCo" folder and removing it (since it breaks a ton of things) but i never materialized it.

Fun fact: the stock Kerbin Scatterer config has the "drawSkyOverClouds" set as "True" and it works fine. Back to the drawing board...

@BeeArr Try it without the DX11 switch and report back.

1st test: Removed -force-d3d11,  "drawSkyOverClouds" set to "True" for Earth, set to "False" for other planets. Earth looks like this, other planets look normal.

0nFFHrP.png

WmHOemz.png

2st test: Removed -force-d3d11,  "drawSkyOverClouds" set to "False" for all Planets. Forcefield still present, but vanishes at certain angles.

SvpVj7G.png

@Phineas Freak we have a problem
change what you was ask to be done it fix partial issue aka what i was not pay attention in print screen!!! we have noo continent or land & for that i done more test
HyperEdit fun time aka i was change altitude of satelite
999999 - ok - but noo continent seen / land
899999 - ok - but noo continent seen / land
799999 - blue planet - noo continent / land
699999 - blue planet - noo continent / land
599999 - blue planet - noo continent / land
499999 - blue planet - noo continent / land
399999 - blue planet - noo continent / land
299999 - blue planet - noo continent / land
199999 - blue planet - noo continent / land
 99999 - atmo, cloud apear but still noo continent / land & some wierd texture what i think was or want to be from citylight or terain part ...
this was done using DX11 switch soo back to square 1

I'm setting up my testing environment now, this seems very strange. -forced3d11 is a mystery to me since we have unlimited RAM and correct me if I am wrong but either this or -forceopengl was announced to be not supported after x64 KSP launched. I will go without any RO mods and the likes, just plain RSS and RSSVE. I think I have an idea but I need testing and confirmation on this one before I tell you. I might be wrong as well. 

EDIT: RIP.. I am back on what sounds like the inverse problem to what other people report, I have NO scattering from ~180km to 840km orbit. Dang it, I though this was fixed somehow. Will investigate more..

Edited by Theysen