[1.2.2] Real Solar System Visual Enhancements v1.2.2-RC4 [2017-09-03]

Phineas Freak

So, a small update on the graphical bugs. I have implemented a small config patch to take care of most of "featureless sphere" syndrome. You won't get a visually accurate atmosphere (Mars and Jupiter are the planets affected the most) but the rest is there and they work as they should be.

Download it (right - click the page and save it, it will prompt you to save it as a .cfg file) and place it under your GameData/RSSVE installation path.

Note that this config is an interim and not a proper bug fix. A proper bug fix will probably be part of the next Release Candidate (supporting KSP 1.3).

Edited by Phineas Freak

I live on the terribleness of computers that is Mac. Whenever I try loading KSP it always comes up with blank balls of blackness past Earth and Earth is only blue. Venus is the only one that's normal.

EDIT: I tried using the patch you just released, still doesn't work.

Edited by HiThere!2

15 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@HiThere!2 Since i do not have access to an OSX or Linux machine (OpenGL), i want you to send me:

• A screenshot of your RSSVE folder contents
  • A copy of the "ModuleManager.ConfigCache" file

There is the possibility that i may have missed something or that my patch doesn't work...

Will do

Edit 1: I actually realized that the .cfg actually saved as a text file, so I'll try it again as a .cfg file.

Edit 2: IT WORKED!!! Thanks for releasing that patch.

Edited by HiThere!2

8 hours ago, HiThere!2 said:

I actually realized that the .cfg actually saved as a text file

That is why i wanted the log and the cache file but, as i see, everything is OK now.

I'll add another small note for that since some browsers do not behave correctly when saving select pages.

Hi !

I'm using your mod but i find the atmosphere a little bit too much blue and i'd like to have an atmosphere like RSSVE 1.0.5 

As you can see here, on the first image, the edge of the atmosphere is hotter as my own screen shot here 

3 hours ago, Deplaisant said:

RSSVE 1.0.5

That's certainly not my own mod. But i was going to tweak the brightness a bit for the next version anyway. Thanks for reminding me about it!

BTW, i also experience the "washed-out" surfaces but not every time.

9 minutes ago, Deplaisant said:

Is it possible to fix ourselves this cloud problem ?

Not with the current version of Scatterer. Scatterer itself does support this feature now (EVE integration) but it is somewhat broken in the v0.0300 and any previous versions that implement it. The next version of Scatterer will have improved compatibility and will allow me to enable this feature.

I also need to work on the ring shadows for Saturn. For some reason it never really worked for RSS.

3 minutes ago, Deplaisant said:

Really ? In my memories it does :huh:

Well, i tried:

• Changing the RSS ring texture to be horizontal
  • Creating a custom (horizontal) ring texture
  • Testing every dev version of Kopernicus and Scatterer (at the time)
  • Testing just the ring shadow feature in "stock" RSS

Nothing worked. The closest i ever got was a featureless ring (no texture) that had the shadow.

Edited by Phineas Freak

Just now, Phineas Freak said:

Well, i tried:

• Changing the RSS ring texture to be horizontal
  • Creating a custom horizontal ring texture
  • Testing every dev version of Kopernicus and Scatterer (at the time)
  • Testing just the ring shadow feature in "stock" RSS

Nothing worked. The closest i ever got was a featureless ring (no texture) that had the shadow.

I must have confused with SSRSS... 

I haven't been able to get this to work in 1.3, I was wondering if someone could help.

Without the RSSVE folder installed in GameData, it looks like this:

0ahLMh9.png

If I copy the RSSVE folder into GameData (with the hotfix you supplied) the skies look like this:

92macya.png

vnOyoIK.png

Just Dark Blue, with no clouds (in either case).

Edited by RocketBlam

6 minutes ago, RocketBlam said:

I haven't been able to get this to work in 1.3, I was wondering if someone could help.

Without the RSSVE folder installed in GameData, it looks like this:

If I copy the RSSVE folder into GameData (with the hotfix you supplied) the skies look like this:

Just Dark Blue, with no clouds (in either case).

In the cfgs for this mod, everything named Earth has to be renamed to Kerbin due to the changes in RSS.

So, in the Cloud cfgs, in the EVE shadow cfgs, in the scatterer atmosphere cfgs / scatterer ocean cfgs, and in the scatterer planet list.

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

In the cfgs for this mod, everything named Earth has to be renamed to Kerbin due to the changes in RSS.

So, in the Cloud cfgs, in the EVE shadow cfgs, in the scatterer atmosphere cfgs / scatterer ocean cfgs, and in the scatterer planet list.

So just go through these files and search/replace Earth with Kerbin?

Even things like "name = EarthAurorasLow"?

Edited by RocketBlam

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Also, does cbNameLater work still?

Yes, Thomas kept this feature although, as you said, it is now deprecated:

"useTheInName and cbNameLater still exist, but they were deprecated in favor of Properties\displayName"

It should work since i tested it as part of the RSS KSP 1.3 PR.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:03 PM, Galileo said:

@RocketBlam

Here is the patch that will allow RSSVE to work with the changes made to RSS

DOWNLOAD

Thanks. Just put this in my GameData folder?

ETA: NVM, that's what I did, and it worked! You are a steely-eyed coding man... Thanks.

Edited by RocketBlam