[1.2.2] Real Solar System Visual Enhancements v1.2.2-RC4 [2017-09-03]

Phineas Freak

6 minutes ago, Heady978 said:

Well ... any idea what this is?

49CC3D8D6CEB740EC2221C3FBABB669FAB645B8D

Looks like squares of the ocean bottom. Got it now every time in reentry from about 40.000m down to 0m. They are disapearing when getting lower than a square. :huh:

It's scatterer. It's not updated to 1.3 and causes floating tiles. Disable the ocean shaders and the problem goes away

That's definitely something new:

[Scatterer] Couldn't remove stock ocean for Titan
[EVE CloudsManager]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	detailSpeed = 0,25,0
	speed = 0,25,0
	altitude = 25000
	body = Titan
	name = TitanCloudsLow
	settings
	{
		_DistFade = 0.000075
		_DetailScale = 10
		_UVNoiseScale = 0.075
		_UVNoiseStrength = 0.005
		_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.125,0.125
		_Color = 110,65,0,255
		_DetailDist = 0.000001
		_DistFadeVert = 0.000075
		_MainTex
		{
			value = RSSVE/Assets/MainTextures/Atmosphere
		}
		_DetailTex
		{
			value = RSSVE/Assets/DetailTextures/DetailCumulus
		}
		_UVNoiseTex
		{
			value = RSSVE/Assets/DetailTextures/DetailUVNoise
		}
	}
	layer2D
	{
		macroCloudMaterial
		{
			_InvFade = 0.005
			_RimDistSub = 1
			_RimDist = 0.0001
			_FalloffScale = 5
		}
		shadowMaterial
		{
			_ShadowFactor = 0.275
		}
	}
	layerVolume
	{
		maxTranslation = 150,3000,150
		visibleRange = 25000
		area = 20000,4
		size = 4000,3
		noiseScale = 64,64,64
		rotationSpeed = 0.001
		particleMaterial
		{
			_InvFade = 0.001
			_MinScatter = 5.0
			_Opacity = 1.0
			_Tex
			{
				value = RSSVE/Assets/DetailTextures/DetailCloudParticle
			}
		}
	}
}

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Maybe there are corrupted files? Can you try redownloading the package?

Edit: there are more things to check out:

[Kopernicus] texture does not exist! C:/Users/Ben/Desktop/KSP_win64/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/RSS-Textures/PluginData/CallistoHeight.dds

Probably most of the RSS Textures are unreadable for some reason. Please verify that your installation is not corrupted and/or blocked by some Windows permissions.

Edited by Phineas Freak

I'm on KSP 1.1.3 for the more mature RP-0, with Scatterer 0.0255. The Github release description for RSSVE 1.2.2-RC3 says "New binary assemblies for KSP 1.1.3 users (for use with Scatterer v0.0255).", but everything else says these releases are for 1.2.2 only. Is there a version somewhere that I'm missing that's compatible with 1.1.3 and Scatterer 0.0255, or should that line not be in the changelog?

@undercoveryankee No. The link to the KSP 1.1.3 assembly has always been available via my forum OP change log. I had forgotten to also add it to the GitHub change log notes until you noted it.

Edit: @Julien Kerman Sorry, i missed your question! That feature was disabled because the Kopernicus/Scatterer ring integration was not working 100% correctly. This has been fixed with the latest (backported) version of Kopernicus but you will have to do some work in order to enable it. PM me if you want more info.

For the record, this feature will be (most probably) enabled for the next release.

Edited by Phineas Freak
MIssed question...arg!

Thanks for maintaining this mod so beautifully. I just updated my whole RSS/RO/RP-0 to 1.2.2 and everything works like a glove. It's faster, more beautyful, it's.. it's perfect. :)
Side note: maybe you want to update the OP with the correct links to Distant Object Enhancements. :) 
GitHub Link: https://github.com/MOARdV/DistantObject/releases/
Forumpage Link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/89214-130-distant-object-enhancement-bis-v190-26-may-2017/

Hi, @Phineas Freak

I think I have the same issue as @KAO : my log show the same EVE errors as his one (except the RSS missing textures), and of course, I got the same behavior in game.

I've started from a clean KSP 1.2.2 install, with the last versions of RO, RSS and RP0.
I've dropped EVE-AnyCPU-Release v1.1-2, scatterer v0.0300 and RSSVE v1.2.2-RC3 in my GameData folder (as it is explained in the wiki and your video), so I think RSSVE is properly installed.

Maybe it is an issue with last Distant Object Enhancement or PlanetShine versions that are installed too?

So, if you or @KAO know how to fix this, thank you for telling me.

Edited by hargn

5 hours ago, hargn said:

Hi, @Phineas Freak

I think I have the same issue as @KAO : my log show the same EVE errors as his one (except the RSS missing textures), and of course, I got the same behavior in game.

I've started from a clean KSP 1.2.2 install, with the last versions of RO, RSS and RP0.
I've dropped EVE-AnyCPU-Release v1.1-2, scatterer v0.0300 and RSSVE v1.2.2-RC3 in my GameData folder (as it is explained in the wiki and your video), so I think RSSVE is properly installed.

Maybe it is an issue with last Distant Object Enhancement or PlanetShine versions that are installed too?

So, if you or @KAO know how to fix this, thank you for telling me.

The EVE you referred to is not the latest EVE. That version has not worked since 1.1.3. If you read the last page on that thread there are links to the maintained version by Waz.

5 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Can you check without them? They should not be the problem but it does not do any harm if you try it anyway.

Ok, uninstall the both mods did the trick : the RSSVE config files are parsed properly by ModuleManager so I have the cloud.

Sorry, I don't have time to investigate more this evening, I'll test tomorrow for which of the both mods is breaking my RSSVE.

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The EVE you referred to is not the latest EVE. That version has not worked since 1.1.3. If you read the last page on that thread there are links to the maintained version by Waz.

I saw that there is EVE v12.2-1, but I don't see any AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip.

So, I should take the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.2.2.1.zip artifact?

Maybe the wiki and the OP should be updated with this.

1 minute ago, hargn said:

Ok, uninstall the both mods did the trick : the RSSVE config files are parsed properly by ModuleManager so I have the cloud.

Sorry, I don't have time to investigate more this evening, I'll test tomorrow for which of the both mods is breaking my RSSVE.

I saw that there is EVE v12.2-1, but I don't see any AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip.

So, I should take the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.2.2.1.zip artifact?

Maybe the wiki and the OP should be updated with this.

Yes it is the same thing, renamed to be more distinct. Too many people installed the wrong version.

Edited by Galileo

@hargn Is there any possibility that you installed the newer version of DOE? PlanetShine does not count since it a) works for both KSP 1.2 and 1.3 and b) the mod does not have been recompiled for KSP 1.3.

Another test would be to remove the RSSVE DOE config (it never really worked as expected due to the way DOE loads it's configs) and test again.

I should also mention that I redownloaded and reinstalled all the relevant mods, as well as getting a complete texture set (usually I thin it down to save on memory), and miraculously it works.

So, I've finally gotten to install RO/RP-0 and wanted to get all of the visual goodies running too. Seems I hit a snag though. After spending far too long digging through Scatterer's thread and this one, it appears to be this issue:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip122-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00300-22012017-new-preview-version-inside/&do=findComment&comment=2982844

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip122-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00300-22012017-new-preview-version-inside/&do=findComment&comment=3010105

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip122-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00300-22012017-new-preview-version-inside/&do=findComment&comment=3010112

Was wondering if anyone here had a workaround for this? Or maybe some numbers I could adjust to make it less prevalent?

Running KSP 1.2.2, macOS Sierra, required mods are up-to-date for my install. I can post logs and such, but given it's an already known issue I didn't think that'd be useful just yet.

30 minutes ago, Raptor831 said:

So, I've finally gotten to install RO/RP-0 and wanted to get all of the visual goodies running too. Seems I hit a snag though. After spending far too long digging through Scatterer's thread and this one, it appears to be this issue:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip122-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00300-22012017-new-preview-version-inside/&do=findComment&comment=2982844

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip122-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00300-22012017-new-preview-version-inside/&do=findComment&comment=3010105

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip122-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00300-22012017-new-preview-version-inside/&do=findComment&comment=3010112

Was wondering if anyone here had a workaround for this? Or maybe some numbers I could adjust to make it less prevalent?

Running KSP 1.2.2, macOS Sierra, required mods are up-to-date for my install. I can post logs and such, but given it's an already known issue I didn't think that'd be useful just yet.

If I’m thinking you have the same problem I did, you need to install that OpenGL patch.

16 minutes ago, HiThere!2 said:

If I’m thinking you have the same problem I did, you need to install that OpenGL patch.

I did actually try that (since Macs, OpenGL...), but didn't work. Though trying again probably won't hurt... What I can tell, the OpenGL patch fixes the solid sphere issue, but not this. My understanding of this problem is that Scatterer has a "window" in which it works, and because the scale of RSS is so much larger your view effectively backs outside the window. :/