[1.2.2] Real Solar System Visual Enhancements v1.2.2-RC4 [2017-09-03]

Phineas Freak

Hello,

For Some Reason i am getting a transparent black sphere around Earth

it is not heavily impacting gameplay, but it definetly visible even when flying in a vehicle outside of the tracking station and can be annoying.

Mods installed:

EVE 1.2.2-1

Kopernicus 1.2.2-11

RSS with 8192 textures

scatterer v0.0320

ModularFlightIntegrator

RSS Date Time

output_log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uQyoKTQ7WLS0RLdzB0bzZmaUU/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

G8F9IZu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2017 at 4:09 PM, RoboRay said:

Actually, it's "NEVERMIND" for me...  I had downloaded Scatterer v320b for KSP 1.3.0, but somehow still wound up with v320 in my 1.3.0 GameData.  Thanks for reminding me to double-check!

Amazing... I put the right files in and now it works fine.  :rolleyes:

Where did you get the copy of v320 from? I'm trying to get hold of a copy. The v320b version on spacedock gives v320b as intended, but the v320 version gives you v315 when viewed on the in game window title. If your v320 version actually says 0.0320 when viewed in game I could really do with a copy. :)

On 17.10.2017 at 8:28 PM, Gousaid67 said:

Hello,

For Some Reason i am getting a transparent black sphere around Earth

it is not heavily impacting gameplay, but it definetly visible even when flying in a vehicle outside of the tracking station and can be annoying.

Mods installed:

EVE 1.2.2-1

Kopernicus 1.2.2-11

RSS with 8192 textures

scatterer v0.0320

ModularFlightIntegrator

RSS Date Time

output_log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uQyoKTQ7WLS0RLdzB0bzZmaUU/view?usp=sharing

Reveal hidden contents

G8F9IZu.jpg

Did you find a fix? This is annoying me sooo much

10 hours ago, Grabek said:

Hi all!

I got same problem like @Gousaid67

The problem is with planets:

Earth - KSC

n33OZcN.png

Earth

fWQbaIk.png

And rest of planets 

at Imgur album here.

I'm using KSP 1.3.1

RSS v12.0

Kopernicus v1.3.1b2

EVE 1.2.2.1

Scatterer 0.0320b

Texture Replacer v2.6.0

and RSSVE 1.2.2.1622-rc4

Simple fix. Don’t use 1.3.1 as RSS and thus RSSVE don’t support anything different than 1.2.2 as of now. With the correct KSP version and their according mod versions which support 1.2.2 everything works as intended. 

4 hours ago, Theysen said:

Simple fix. Don’t use 1.3.1 as RSS and thus RSSVE don’t support anything different than 1.2.2 as of now. With the correct KSP version and their according mod versions which support 1.2.2 everything works as intended. 

It doesn't solve a problem because lot of other mods causing a problems. All other mods are now compatible with KSP 1.3.1 so it's time for RSSVE to upgrade.

Edited by Grabek

5 minutes ago, Grabek said:

It doesn't solve a problem because lot of other mods causing a problems.

What @Theysen meant, is that you shouldn't install RSSVE with KSP 1.3.1. It's not build for it and will cause issues. 
For RSS is a patch for 1.3.1, but not a official release, so it could be unstable.

If you want RSSVE, you should downgrade your KSP to 1.2.2 and all of your mods too.  What are the "lot of other mods causing a problems" ? 

11 minutes ago, Grabek said:

It doesn't solve a problem because lot of other mods causing a problems. All other mods are now compatible with KSP 1.3.1 so it's time for RSSVE to upgrade.

So first of all, the official version for RSS is actually 1.2.2 too.

Nowhere in the RSSVE op, wiki on github or this thread here support is given for any issues related to using game versions / mod versions which are not following the installation instructions. 

As of now, RSSVE works like a charm with 1.2.2, everybody has the ability to downgrade and use a very stable (to my and other people's extent) and the mods involved environment for visual enhancements. 

so it's time for RSSVE to upgrade.

To give you a little heads up, demands in a community, free time based modding world will take you one step forwards and three steps back. 

@Gousaid67's bug reminds me of a feature I wanted to request - or rather ask if it's even possible.

I dream of a mod setup in which I am only allowed to see what my craft sees (preferably using onboard cameras - like Hullcam VDS), and the map view is only an astrodynamics reference. That is, all the nice scatterer effects, volumetric clouds, shaders etc. are only visible in the in-game view. Map view only shows maps, not the amazingly rendered planets; kind of like in SpaceX' streams when the vehicle coasts.

In short, map view would look like this:

A36ftA7.png

But only after getting my vehicle in space I would get to see this:

RSSVE_thumbnail_earth.png

Could something like this be done, @Phineas Freak?

Edited by Reddy

5 hours ago, Reddy said:

@Gousaid67's bug reminds me of a feature I wanted to request - or rather ask if it's even possible.

I dream of a mod setup in which I am only allowed to see what my craft sees (preferably using onboard cameras - like Hullcam VDS), and the map view is only an astrodynamics reference. That is, all the nice scatterer effects, volumetric clouds, shaders etc. are only visible in the in-game view. Map view only shows maps, not the amazingly rendered planets; kind of like in SpaceX' streams when the vehicle coasts.

In short, map view would look like this:

A36ftA7.png

But only after getting my vehicle in space I would get to see this:

RSSVE_thumbnail_earth.png

Could something like this be done, @Phineas Freak?

Changes would have to be made in Scatterer and EVE. Currently there is no way to disable them in map mode. 

Until someone posted very recently in the 1.0.5 thread about RSSVE I had no idea there was a 1.2.2 version available.

Time to stop following an old thread, waiting for 1.2.2 to be announced and time to download RSSVE for 1.2.2!

On 11/2/2017 at 5:54 AM, Damien212 said:

Where did you get the copy of v320 from? I'm trying to get hold of a copy. The v320b version on spacedock gives v320b as intended, but the v320 version gives you v315 when viewed on the in game window title. If your v320 version actually says 0.0320 when viewed in game I could really do with a copy. :)

Sorry, I've been away for a couple of weeks...

I don't recall where I had downloaded Scatterer v320.  The copy on Spacedock matches what's in my Download folder, so that's probably it.  I didn't pay attention to what version number it shows in-game.

Edited by RoboRay

As of now, RSSVE works like a charm with 1.2.2, everybody has the ability to downgrade and use a very stable (to my and other people's extent) and the mods involved environment for visual enhancements. 

You can't blame people at this point in time. KSP 1.3 has been out for ages and RSS has worked on it for ages as well. To keep backing the argument that the outdated version of RSSVE still works well with an outdated version of KSP has no merrit and sets you back the same three steps as guys demanding upgrades.

RSS is stable when using the localization patch.  I've been using RSS since a few weeks after 1.3 came out, so I don't see the issue. As far as I know why RSS is not released for 1.3.x is that they have added stuff and prepared everything for the localization, but a 3rd party tool has not been updated yet to support 1.3.1 (which I find quite annoying as it's been over 6 months and it will probably never get updated). But that is a different issue and has no relevance here.

Now that Scatterer is borked as well, it seems all the atmospheric mods are down and out?

Edited by Jimbodiah

12 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

You can't blame people at this point in time. KSP 1.3 has been out for ages and RSS has worked on it for ages as well. To keep backing the argument that the outdated version of RSSVE still works well with an outdated version of KSP has no merrit and sets you back the same three steps as guys demanding upgrades.

RSS is stable when using the localization patch.  I've been using RSS since a few weeks after 1.3 came out, so I don't see the issue. As far as I know why RSS is not released for 1.3.x is that they have added stuff and prepared everything for the localization, but a 3rd party tool has not been updated yet to support 1.3.1 (which I find quite annoying as it's been over 6 months and it will probably never get updated). But that is a different issue and has no relevance here.

Now that Scatterer is borked as well, it seems all the atmospheric mods are down and out?

It’s about support and issue resolving mostly. 

Would it help all people involved - especially the creators and maintainers of RSS and RO or RSSVE - to reference the current dev environments which people start to grab and then want support for that - which is even more work besides spending time upgrading. 

Of course there are already recompiles public, RSSVE has an own branch for 1.3.1 and works just as fine (even better than 1.2.2) on the RSS 1.3.1 version. 

But no matter how long time it takes - if the whole RSS/RO shebang stays with 1.2.2 and it works - what is the reason to argue that 6 months is too long?

People also tend to forget that mod developers do this for free and on their own free time. If they decide not to update ever again, then oh well. Not saying that’s the case here, but people getting “annoyed” because a mod hasn’t updated doesn’t matter to a developer who doesn’t have the motivation. There is zero obligation to update. 

Well, I'm not suggesting there is any obligation by modders. I was referring to people making arguments that RSSVE is not updating because RSS is not working in 1.3.1 yet "so why would we expect rssve to come with an update".

A large part of the problem with forum threads is that any info posted by the modder is drowned out by pages of other posts. Sometimes you'd want each mod to have two threads: one only for the modder to announce stuff and one for banter/support.

On 16/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, Jimbodiah said:

Well, I'm not suggesting there is any obligation by modders. I was referring to people making arguments that RSSVE is not updating because RSS is not working in 1.3.1 yet "so why would we expect rssve to come with an update".

A large part of the problem with forum threads is that any info posted by the modder is drowned out by pages of other posts. Sometimes you'd want each mod to have two threads: one only for the modder to announce stuff and one for banter/support.

This is exactly the problem I am experiencing at the moment. All I am looking for is the hotkey to open up the settings window but that information is not in the first post or the wiki as far as I can see and there's no way that I'm going to look through this many pages of technical support requests just to find that out

4 minutes ago, John FX said:

This is exactly the problem I am experiencing at the moment. All I am looking for is the hotkey to open up the settings window but that information is not in the first post or the wiki as far as I can see and there's no way that I'm going to look through this many pages of technical support requests just to find that out

Technically you’re looking for the solution in the dependencies threads since RSSVE itself doesn’t add any menus to edit configs. :P 

on the other side, yes could be added in the OP that if you’d like to disable or change features to get better performance etc to use EVE or scatterer menus and their hotkey listed as well