[1.2.2] Real Solar System Visual Enhancements v1.2.2-RC4 [2017-09-03]

Phineas Freak

5 hours ago, Varunz16 said:

Hey, I'm new to this entire system and I'm not even sure if I am supposed to be posting doubts and questions on this thread. However, I am having trouble with loading the clouds on all the planets. I installed all the requirements, but I just get a pure blue earth, without any land or clouds on any the planets in fact. Could someone help me please? 

Others could probably help you better than I, but first check that you have the following folders within your GameData folder:

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
Kopernicus
RealSolarSystem
RSS-Textures
RSSVE
scatterer

If so, we can check further for correct versions etc.

@Varunz16 Please take a look at the OP. Read the DirectX11/OpenGL section and how to mitigate the "blue sphere" bug.

In that note, i am happy to announce though that i may have finally found a solution for that specific bug (that does not seriously affect the overall visual appearance). It also fixes the hard Earth terminator.

@gemini4 There is also another thing that you could try: open the textures.cfg file (under the RSSVE/Assets path) and delete the following lines:

OBJECT
{
  name = RSSVE/Assets/MainTextures/EarthCloudsLow
  mipmaps = False
  isCompressed = True
}

17 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Varunz16 Please take a look at the OP. Read the DirectX11/OpenGL section and how to mitigate the "blue sphere" bug.

In that note, i am happy to announce though that i may have finally found a solution for that specific bug (that does not seriously affect the overall visual appearance). It also fixes the hard Earth terminator.

@gemini4 There is also another thing that you could try: open the textures.cfg file (under the RSSVE/Assets path) and delete the following lines:

OBJECT
{
  name = RSSVE/Assets/MainTextures/EarthCloudsLow
  mipmaps = False
  isCompressed = True
}

On 18/01/2018 at 2:58 AM, Observe said:

Others could probably help you better than I, but first check that you have the following folders within your GameData folder:

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
Kopernicus
RealSolarSystem
RSS-Textures
RSSVE
scatterer

If so, we can check further for correct versions etc.

I understand that, by going forward with downloading mods and stuff, I have already committed to a tad more of a complicated experience in KSP, bu unfortunately, I really don't understand what "DirectX11/OpenGL section and how to mitigate the "blue sphere" bug." means. I know I'm being a bit of an ass here, but it would be great if you could just explain what I need to do to get those amazing visuals back. Also, I have all the correct versions of every mod correctly placed in game data. Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate your assistance nevertheless! 

5 hours ago, Varunz16 said:

bu unfortunately, I really don't understand what "DirectX11/OpenGL section and how to mitigate the "blue sphere" bug." means.

As noted in the OP:

A note for the DirectX 11 and OpenGL users: if you are affected by the "featureless sphere" problem then you will also need to enable the alternate Scatterer renderer settings. These can be enabled by:

• Opening the "RSSVE_Scatterer_PlanetFix_Config.cfg" file (located under the GameData/RSSVE path)
  • Changing the "rendererFixEnabled" option from "False" to "True"
  • Saving the changes and (re)starting KSP

You were unfortunate this time, since this bug happens even when the correct mod versions are installed.

4 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

As noted in the OP:

You were unfortunate this time, since this bug happens even when the correct mod versions are installed.

Does that mean I cannot play? Or do I have to just follow the steps above and it'll work? 

1 minute ago, Phineas Freak said:

Follow the steps and you will be able to mitigate the bug.

Cool Thanks. I'll try it now and see if it works... :) Also, just wanted to know, there are two settings called rendererfixenabled. One of them has a % sign in front of it and says NULL and the other one (which I changed to true) was the one that was originally set to FALSE. 

Edited by Varunz16

@Varunz16, I think it's time for you to upload your logs of the current install I think:

1. The Logs
    These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:
    • Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

On 1/19/2018 at 12:33 PM, Varunz16 said:

Hey, didn't work mate. I reinstalled all the proper versions of everything, changed the coding thingy as well, but still didn't work.

Then there is either a graphics compatibility problem (the fix is actually a workaround and not an actual fix) or you did not change the correct line. Either way, as @DrLicor says, i will need the log files, along with your ModuleManager.ConfigCache file.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Ct9ars said:

I noticed after ascending, Earth is much darker between 140-270km, and then looks normal as it does from the map/tracking station view after 270km.  Is there a fix for this?

Had the same issue (with 1.3.1 & dev-branch RSS etc.). In my case it was resolved as i reverted back to scatterer 0.0320b.

Maybe give it a try, I hope this helps.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:20 PM, Phineas Freak said:

@Ct9ars If you are using the latest version of Scatterer then @Laminator is correct, you need to revert to the previous version. There is a Scatterer bug that affects rescaled planets. Blackrack has been notified and a fix is underway.

In addition to that, the latest version of scatterer just generally doesn't work with the latest dev build of RSSVE (no clouds, blue scattering, invisible textures)...reverting to the next oldest version (2:v0.0320b) solved it for me. You can find that version on this site: https://archive.org/details/Scatterer-2-v0.0320b

@jrodriguez There is a mod version table available in the OP that documents every dependency and the required version. Currently, the KSP 1.3.1 dev branch is what you should use, along with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 (later versions break RSS) and Scatterer v0.0320b (later versions break the scatter effects in low orbital altitudes).

7 hours ago, njbrown09 said:

I keep getting a white sphere around most planets

Since you are not providing any useful information, i can only say that you did not install the dependencies and/or RSSVE correctly. The "Support" paragraph in the OP lists what is required in order to get support.

14 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@jrodriguez There is a mod version table available in the OP that documents every dependency and the required version. Currently, the KSP 1.3.1 dev branch is what you should use, along with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 (later versions break RSS) and Scatterer v0.0320b (later versions break the scatter effects in low orbital altitudes).

I have followed the steps but I can't see any clouds. Looking at the log file I can see an exception:

Scatterer] Error calling clouds2d.reassign() on planet: Earth Exception returned: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Object]].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I'm using KSP 1.3.1 with DX 11. RSSVE downloaded directly from KSP 1.3-update branch. EVE latest oficial release and Scatterer I have tried both the latest release and the old one.

12 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@jrodriguez Logs? Mod list? Clean install? Asking because i have made a ton of changes and just overwriting the files/folders will not work.

I have found the problem I had the StockVisualEnhancement installed too. 

It works perfect! Thanks for this amazing mod :)

Every time I load this mod, with all the dependencies, it does not work as intended.All I have is basically a light blue void on my screen. I have some pictures to show. I don't post that often so I don't know if these links will work for other people. I did not change anything with any of the files.

Spoiler

file:///C:/Users/Artie%20Riechert/Documents/KSP/KSPRO%201.2.2/Screenshots/screenshot6.png

Spoiler

file:///C:/Users/Artie%20Riechert/Documents/KSP/KSPRO%201.2.2/Screenshots/screenshot3.png

Edited by [email protected]
More detailed