[1.2.2] Real Solar System Visual Enhancements v1.2.2-RC4 [2017-09-03]

Phineas Freak

Hi, I'm having an installation problem. I downloaded most of the recommended mods from CKAN, like EVE and Module Manager. I installed the base mod afterwards. and loaded up KSP. When it loaded, I got no clouds. Was it because of CKAN

Installation

I. CKAN installation

Installation via CKAN is not supported.

Really? 

On the other side make sure you don't have BoulderCo inside your GameData folder if you installed the rest of RSSVE correctly. If it doesn't help post a log and/or screenshot of your GameData folder please :)      

EDIT: If you're talking about the Menu Screen - YES , known Issue that clouds may not appear on the opening screen - ingame it is fine. 

Edited by Theysen

@HoloYolo as @Theysen says, i do not support CKAN (too much hassle setting up the required sub-packages and very prone to break when the dependencies and/or KSP have an update), although it is possible to install the required mods via it. You have to be extra careful to remove the BoulderCo folder though.

I had the idea to search for the BoulderCo folder and delete it automatically but i do not think that this is ethical (or allowed) in the context of this mod. If it is then i would like to know.

Hi there!

First of all, this mod is just awesome! I played about 850 hours KSP Vanilla, KSP with VE and some minor Mods, but RSS+VE is just impressive. Great work! Thanks. :)

While playing RC2, I mentioned that clouds are changing somewhere between 140 and 160km. When my ship is going below that point, clouds weren't visible up to the horizon. Is there a possibility to extend the range of visibility via cfg file? Its just a small stripe, an below 70km the horizon is close enough, so that this issue doesn't occure.

F3B9C5AB3DB956DCFFB010374D81A54423AC2257

The second thing is light an standard fairings. Suns corona seems to be a layer over the whole vessle, except fairings. Fairings are just black.

DD61E9F5C891F7B3E958E34053C0C00D5BE338A0

Contrary to the black fairing: when starting into sunrise, the fairing is already shining brightly, before the sun is even visible.

880B5DB9943A402185491AFA039296131B566429

11 hours ago, Heady978 said:

First of all, this mod is just awesome! I played about 850 hours KSP Vanilla, KSP with VE and some minor Mods, but RSS+VE is just impressive. Great work! Thanks. :)

Thank you! I am really happy that you like it!

When my ship is going below that point, clouds weren't visible up to the horizon.

I have seen that happening without any visual mod (stock RSS) but i am not sure if i can change the camera depth enough to remove (or decrease) the rim. I will do some tests and report back.

The second thing is light an standard fairings. Suns corona seems to be a layer over the whole vessle, except fairings. Fairings are just black.

Contrary to the black fairing: when starting into sunrise, the fairing is already shining brightly, before the sun is even visible.

I suppose that these are the stock fairings? Although i have not seen that before (either with this pack or with other visual mods) it is more likely to be an issue with Scatterer. Does it only happen when the craft is inside the atmosphere?

10 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@KerbalMan23 from a quick look inside the BA cloud configs it seems that these were made with the old EVE release (pre-KSP 1.0). The new "EVE Overhaul" does not provide a nice way to get the same features as before.

Yeah. It was made for pre-KSP 1.0

This can make it work because it acts as the old EVE

https://github.com/RangeMachine/KerbalVisualEnhancements/releases

Credit to RangeMachine for making this.

Hi all,

Sorry for my english, but i'am french ^^.

I tried to install RSS. I'm part of a clean install of KSP.

I installed the following mods as defined on the first page:

- EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
- RSSVE
- scatterer
- ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll

But I do not have the actual solar system that appears. I always Kerbin. Can you tell me how to install this mod correctly please ?

9 hours ago, Micky said:

Hi all,

- RSSVE
- scatterer

But I do not have the actual solar system that appears. I always Kerbin. Can you tell me how to install this mod correctly please ?

You need Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and RSS

11 hours ago, Micky said:

Hi all,

- RSSVE
- scatterer

It looks like RSS is missing. You only need RSS to get a real solar system. The link for the download is not that obvious as it is called "Download Plugin" in the thread

The download link itself is:https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/releases/latest

This package contains already Kopernicus, Module Manager and RSS itself without textures!

It shoud look like this:

3DSqmv7.jpg

Copy everything in your GameData folder.

Now you will need the textures from the texture repository https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases

My choice was 4096.zip, maybe i will try 8192 next days, because 4096 works fine without any performance issues. Inside this zip you will find a GameData\RSS-Textures folder. Copy the RSS-Textures folder to your GameData folder.

Now you should be able to play Kerbal with RSS in 64bit mode - 32bit mode is not recommended and for me Kerbal will crash instantly when trying 32bit mode.

For RSSVE you should follow the instructions on the first page of this thread.

In the end, your GameData folder should look like that, except KerbalEngineer(i like this mod ;)) and 4 ModuleManager files which will be created uppon first start.

QRIwkLJ.jpg

I hope this helps.

Edited by Heady978

Perhaps only my preference, but I really don't like the way EarthSurface (and EarthRock) texture "smears" the surface and the tiling is not very seamless, so I removed it in my config file. Looks much better without. Also, that texture was obscuring the somewhat more natural coloring from the standard Earth materials. Thank you.

Edited by Observe

For those who are trying to run RSSVE on a potato, I've created a lite version of RSSVE that should be less resource intensive. Scatterer is not a prerequisite, so you don't need to worry about all of that. Instead, everything is done with EVE. Here's a link if you want to download: http://spacedock.info/mod/1136/RSSVE-Lite 

12 hours ago, Micky said:

Thank you. Now i have the real solar system but i haven't cloud. Can you tell me how to display the clouds ?

Install scatterer and Enviromental visual enhancements (eve release) freshly. THEN install RSSVE

Links: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

Edited by KerbalMan23

@Micky without logs (or even following the OP instructions) there is nothing i can do. Make sure that you have correctly installed the prerequisite mods and that they are compatible with KSP 1.2.2.

@Observe the PQS textures did not turn out to be as good as the old native EVE terrain feature (unfortunately broken since the Overhaul) and users have reported in previous posts a big impact in performance. I will remove them in the next Release Candidate.

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures congratulations for the release! I will add a link for your topic in the RSSVE OP.

One thing I'd love to see addressed, is sharper division between water and land. Sometimes I want to position Kerbal Space Center on an island, but the flickering effect between water and land often destroys immersion.

I realize this is beyond the scope of your mod - and indeed probably beyond anything RSS can do. I think this is probably just the nature of the beast when spreading an image map texture over such a large area. Even with 8192 image size, one pixel can cover a fairly large area of the terrain and coastlines are not always distinct.

Oh well, just wishful thinking on my part.

Anyway, thank you for this great mod!

Edited by Observe