Jump to content

[1.2.2] Real Solar System Visual Enhancements v1.2.2-RC4 [2017-09-03]


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Theysen said:

Of course this might be exaggerated too but sharp terminator is kind of realistic in comparison to what yours looks now. Of course, each to their own :):)

I think you are right to some extent -  although I also looked at some real images from space and the termination isn't quite as sharp as my first image, but also not as 'smooth' as the second one as you point out. Also, the first (sharp) example has that strange yellowish gradient at the termination edge. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Observe said:

I think you are right to some extent -  although I also looked at some real images from space and the termination isn't quite as sharp as my first image, but also not as 'smooth' as the second one as you point out. Also, the first (sharp) example has that strange yellowish gradient at the termination edge. Thanks.

Yeah the cloud integration at terminator is nice, but imho it is "there because it wants to show off that it is implemented in scatterer", if you get what I mean :P Might tweak those to a little softer edge and the terminator is also tweakable last time I tinkered around with scatterer's configger, but that was PRE 0.0320 so I'd have to check what can be done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. Floating tiles still present! I just came back to RSS/RSSVE yesterday after absence because of this issue. I thought this was solved with scatterer-0.0320b. Am I overlooking something?

KSP 1.3, RSSVE-1.2.2.1622-RC4, scatterer-0.0320b.

screenshot37.png

Edited by Observe
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Observe said:

Am I overlooking something?

IDK. Scatterer has proven that if you are getting graphical issues with it then the version used does not match the KSP version. I would double check to see if the version of Scatterer installed is really the "b" and not something else. I almost did that mistake when setting up a dev environment...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

IDK. Scatterer has proven that if you are getting graphical issues with it then the version used does not match the KSP version. I would double check to see if the version of Scatterer installed is really the "b" and not something else. I almost did that mistake when setting up a dev environment...

I've checked and re-checked that a dozen time over the last few days. Still floating tiles when approaching ground from high altitude.

screenshot38.png

I've trimmed my installation down to no mods except RSS and RSSVE related. I wonder how this is working for anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Observe said:

I've checked and re-checked that a dozen time over the last few days. Still floating tiles when approaching ground from high altitude.

screenshot38.png

I've trimmed my installation down to no mods except RSS and RSSVE related. I wonder how this is working for anyone?

are you actually on ksp 1.3? font looks like 1.2.2?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Theysen said:

are you actually on ksp 1.3? font looks like 1.2.2?

Startup screen indicates 1.3:

screenshot39.png

I'll do a complete fresh install and try again from scratch - although I've already done that a couple of time. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I did a fresh ksp install again and still have the floating tiles ever WITHOUT scatterer at all! Everything is fine on ascent, but things fall apart on re-entry. Seems RSSVE is not triggering altitude render changes when coming back from space. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Observe said:

Ok, I did a fresh ksp install again and still have the floating tiles ever WITHOUT scatterer at all! Everything is fine on ascent, but things fall apart on re-entry. Seems RSSVE is not triggering altitude render changes when coming back from space. Thanks.

Seems like ksp itself is not agreeing with your hardware. Best of luck to you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Observe said:

Ok, I did a fresh ksp install again and still have the floating tiles ever WITHOUT scatterer at all! Everything is fine on ascent, but things fall apart on re-entry. Seems RSSVE is not triggering altitude render changes when coming back from space. Thanks.

At this point of reoccuring bugs and bug reports from your side of the same issue I'd suggest you make use of Phineas Freak's signature and maybe maybe the logs tell where the culprit is!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 1:00 PM, Theysen said:

At this point of reoccuring bugs and bug reports from your side of the same issue I'd suggest you make use of Phineas Freak's signature and maybe maybe the logs tell where the culprit is!

It appears in my case, the current 'floating tiles' is due to Kopernicus. Even with RSSVE and scatterer completely removed, I still have the problem with RSS all by itself. However, when I revert back to previous Kopernicus-1.3.0-5, the problem goes away. Perhaps that's already common knowledge and just me who didn't read properly somewhere. In any case, It looks like I can finally settle into a new game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i could reproduce this "floating tiles". Just started stock booster rocket straight up, let it fall down and got this:

39B049C19FABD86EEA5D7922F392E727353A3851

But it's not the same like the old floating tiles, which apeared above the ocean. Now it is just the textures floating above the "real" ground. In my case around 175m above my landing site.

B8A4AEB7EA8E1191575ED9A1DE1EE90235EE42E5

While looking for known issues, i found Kopernicus 1.3.0-7 and 8 and a new Version for KSP 1.3.1 ...  I tried 1.3.0-8 but have still floating tiles and the issue is not mentioned on GitHub and I could not find anything like this in the Kopericus thread here. :/

Update: An I can not confirm, that going back to 1.3.0-5 solves the Problem.

Edited by Heady978
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got me a new pc and am finally able to install this wonderful visual mods. It looks stunning! But i got the same flickering earth problem, which was mentioned here before, i think.

I have installed: RSSVE RC4 ; EVE 1.2.2.1 ; scatterer 0.0320  -  all settings left by default

It's not actually not the earth which is flickering, but the area of my screen, which is covered by earth the moment i pass 140km. So when i move my view around this exact area in flickering blueish or black, depending on when i passed 140km like in the pictures below.

gKPr128.png?1

Here I rotated the view down. When i passed 140km the horizon was in the middle of the screen. (There where the blueish area is on the picture)

jV4vYze.png

When i dip below 140 km it will stop and start again when i go above. The flickering area changes accordingly. Here i just left the athmosphere and rotated the view to the left.

When i destroy the craft via range safety it instantly stops. And it once stopped after zooming far out and back in. It doesnt occur when i switch to a already orbiting vessel.

It's flickering really fast i have to take mutiple screenshots to catch it.

Apparently only a few people have this issue, what could cause this? Have u any ideas how i could fix this?

 

Another problem which might be linked to this, is visible in the picture above. When above 140 km, i always have a relatively more darker area above the horizon. Here's a picture only with this efffect visible:

YgnrFzK.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have exactly the same problem as mentioned above, KSP 1.2.2 fresh install.

 

edit - i fixed it, i cant tell you how tho. Just did a fresh install for the fifth time and it work. I must say the trouble is very woth it, the new RC4 looks MUCH better than RC3, i am amazed, great work!

Edited by species
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 4:57 PM, Heady978 said:

Well i could reproduce this "floating tiles". Just started stock booster rocket straight up, let it fall down....

But it's not the same like the old floating tiles, which apeared above the ocean. Now it is just the textures floating above the "real" ground. In my case around 175m above my landing site.

While looking for known issues, i found Kopernicus 1.3.0-7 and 8 and a new Version for KSP 1.3.1 ...  I tried 1.3.0-8 but have still floating tiles and the issue is not mentioned on GitHub and I could not find anything like this in the Kopericus thread here. :/

Update: An I can not confirm, that going back to 1.3.0-5 solves the Problem.

Yes. That is precisely the problem I am having in every detail. Launch straight up into space and then let it fall down naturally into the atmosphere. Tiles appear as a result. The only way I have overcome this, is to switch to the Tracking Station and back to the ship before entering the atmosphere. Then everything is normal. Also, I concur Kopernicus version has no effect. This is an issue with RSS or RSSVE. Thanks.

Edit: The above problem with floating tiles (somewhat different than old Scatterer floating tiles issue) seems to be an RSS problem. It occurs even without RSSVE installed. Just an FYI.

Edited by Observe
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, species said:

I have exactly the same problem as mentioned above, KSP 1.2.2 fresh install.

 

edit - i fixed it, i cant tell you how tho. Just did a fresh install for the fifth time and it work. I must say the trouble is very woth it, the new RC4 looks MUCH better than RC3, i am amazed, great work!

Yes! It went away after 3rd reinstall. Thanks for teaching me to reinstall everything at least 5 times when it doesnt work ^^

 

Edit: Damn it started again :( I think it has something to do with engines firing when u pass 140km. I tested it only with a sounding rocket before... Now with longer firing rockets it came back. Do you have the same problem? 

I will try around the next days maybe i do find the cause.

Edited by J-2 Lover
Link to post
Share on other sites

It started again for me as well :(  It seems to be hydrolox engines weirdly. When i "simulate" the vessel in orbit it never appears.  I can confirm the fast to space sounding rockets do not seem to cause the issue.

 

edit - anyway im sure you're aware that swapping to tracking station and back solves the issue, it seems to happen at the 140tkm transition mark. Id much rather have the nicer RC4 with this small issue than reverting back i guess :)

Edited by species
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I've found it. Specific parts are causing this issue! I've tried a lot of part combinations and marked it down to all parts that have a reflecting surface for example the Atlas and Agena tanks from FASA or Explorer 6(US Probes) - other parts from these mods don't make problems (like the Transit-2A Probe which is not reflecting). The only other parts I've discovered so far are alternative models for the AJ10 called "AJ10 Upper Stage Engine" and "AJ10 Upper Stage Engine Extended" ( idk which mod they're coming from). I've only tested RP0 compatible parts. As soon as these parts leave "rendering range" (>15km distance) it stops.

I can easily live with this, too! I'm just wondering, it seems like its only affecting a few players and is maybe easy to fix :wink:

In addition to the tracking station switching, i simply don't look at earth while approaching 140km so you have no flickering at all. When you don't forget it half of the time, like me ^^

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mark7 said:

Hmm, so this wonderful piece of art is not currently working correctly on KSP 1.3.1,right?

It's working fine with exception of the ground splitting into tiles if you go straight up into space and then straight down again. The way to avoid this, is to first visit the Tracking station and then go back to the ship before re-entry. This seems to be an RSS issue - not RSSVE, Scatterer or Kopernicus version related. I've run completely stock with only RSS and dependencies (no RSSVE or Scatterer) and the problem still persists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Observe said:

It's working fine with exception of the ground splitting into tiles if you go straight up into space and then straight down again. The way to avoid this, is to first visit the Tracking station and then go back to the ship before re-entry. This seems to be an RSS issue - not RSSVE, Scatterer or Kopernicus version related. I've run completely stock with only RSS and dependencies (no RSSVE or Scatterer) and the problem still persists.

Well, thx. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mark7 said:

Well, thx. 

Keep in mind, the problem I described may not be universal. A few others have also experienced it, but perhaps you won't. In any case, the "solution" is simple enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2017 at 9:15 PM, Observe said:

Keep in mind, the problem I described may not be universal. A few others have also experienced it, but perhaps you won't. In any case, the "solution" is simple enough.

p3Zt1M1.png

I tested several times (suborbital and orbital), but going to the Space Center, into the Tracking Station, then returning to the craft doesn't stop the floating ground tiles during reentry for me on KSP 1.3.0.  I was hoping to finally get off 1.2.2, but I guess it's just not time yet.

Edited by RoboRay
Using wrong version of Scatterer, even after having downloaded the right version of Scatterer...
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RoboRay said:

The "solution" doesn't work for me...

p3Zt1M1.png

I tested several times (suborbital and orbital), but going to the Space Center, into the Tracking Station, then returning to the craft doesn't stop the floating ground tiles during reentry for me on KSP 1.3.0.  I was hoping to finally get off 1.2.2, but I guess it's just not time yet.

Well yeah, make sure to use the scatterer release for 1.3 with the little b in the file name and not the one you've been using for 1.2.2. 

 

https://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer/download/0.0320b

 

NEVERMIND I didn't catch up with the rest of the thread - if it is really an RSS issue itself. 

Edited by Theysen
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Theysen said:

Well yeah, make sure to use the scatterer release for 1.3 with the little b in the file name and not the one you've been using for 1.2.2. 

 

https://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer/download/0.0320b

 

NEVERMIND I didn't catch up with the rest of the thread - if it is really an RSS issue itself. 

Actually, it's "NEVERMIND" for me...  I had downloaded Scatterer v320b for KSP 1.3.0, but somehow still wound up with v320 in my 1.3.0 GameData.  Thanks for reminding me to double-check!

Amazing... I put the right files in and now it works fine.  :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...