Relay antenna no antenna?

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but the "HG-5 High Gain Antenna" seems to be no good for contracts :) Bug or not? I don´t really think its a bug, but i can´t see anything else thats wrong...

Edit: Just checked the part´s description. It specifically says it does direct transmissions...

aEFptvN.png

Edited by rudi1291

The HG-5 should be recognized as antenna.
But are you sure you launched this probe AFTER you accepted the contract? (Launching in this case means 'place on runway/launchpad'. Not the actual lift-off.)

Edited by Tex_NL

Contract says, "new", so it has to be built and launched after you accept the contract.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if it has to be "built" (completely new). Can someone please clarify? @rudi1291 it definitely has to be launched after you take the contact. I know that for sure.

Edited by Gianni1122

I have to concur with Tex_NL; the contract panel on the top-right indicates you haven't fulfilled the "Build a new unmanned probe" condition. This and the space station / base contracts require new craft constructed and launched after accepting the contract.

I've done a couple of these in 1.2.1 Career and they seem to work with the HG-5 antenna without complaint.

One way to check is to put the craft on the pad or runway and check the remaining contract conditions to make sure they are fulfilled. If the only remaining step is to deliver it to its intended destination, then you're ready to take it there.

--

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Added advice on checking conditions

12 minutes ago, Gianni1122 said:

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if it has to be "built" (completely new). Can someone please clarify?

It does not have to be 'designed' after accepting. The contract ONLY looks at the time it is 'launched' to the runway/launchpad.

I have noticed that putting the HG-5 on a craft makes the tracking station refer to it as a "relay" rather than a "probe."  My guess would be that the contract fulfillment is looking for a craft that it identifies as a specific type of craft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.