1000 hours. I have no life.

/not/pol/

I remember when I first too a look at the stats on Steam for my playtime of the game, a few months after buying it and realising that I'd taken on a 2nd job, as I'd averaged about 40 hours a week.

My playing of the game dipped a bit once I got to about 2000 hours (probably a year or so ago) and to be honest I spend as much, if not more time now, making fan art related stuff than playing, probably only firing it up for about 10 hours per week.

Edited by purpleivan

Oh how much i still remember the day i saw Harv's "that's no moon base" and taught "hey, that looks like a game i might enjoy".

And here i am now, over 1900 hours on record :confused:, and still playing with the same passion as when i started :D.

And yea, i guess KSP kinda is life right now :wink:.

24 hundred in, and I think i still qualify for this "life" you speak of

Then again, in Elon Musk's eyes it's likely were all in a simulation, which sounds all too far fetched until you realize what Jeb has been blabbering on about this whole time. He really wants out

So basically no life yeah

"Hours of play" seems trivial.  How about "hours of enjoyment".

Also, perhaps it is better not not judge one's self in a microcosm. If 1000 hours is 38% of your Steam activity, then your total steam play is 2631 hours.  Over what period of time? A year?  OK then... Do you actually eat and sleep? :wink:

If on the other hand you've been playing a few years, then actually you are no different and most people with inspiring hobbies.  Relax and enjoy...

Since .20 I've probably enjoyed over 3500 hours of KSP.  However, I benefited from a couple of years of working from home driving a global technology transformation programme - so all day conference calls with KSP open and... well you can guess.   Multiple missions to Eeloo became very doable.  I only wish time warp would have worked for my phone calls :wink:

Multitasking is a thing.

I bought and started to play KSP when its Steam distribution wasn't even planned (as many others here). Then, even after having got a Steam license, I never launch KSP from Steam but from a custom link (too long to explain reasons here). Therefore no "accurate" track of my playing time.

In the first 6 months since I owned KSP, I kept playing it no less than 10 hours each day. When I wasn't playing, I was planning next missions in KSP. When asleep, I was dreaming about KSP. My playing hours dropped after I became a moderator (wonder why?) and even worse when I started testing new KSP builds, though testing means I am still running KSP for hours each day.

In retrospect is best I have no accurate hours tracked. Believe the total playing hours to be around 6000-7000 currently (that's only about time spent with at least one KSP instance running, sometimes more than one). The amount of hours dedicated to KSP for other reasons is probably 15000 or more. I still think to have a life, but could be I'm only living within the game :wink:.

Christmas Eve will be my second anniversary and I just passed 2,000 hours.

I bought KSP as a gift to myself when I was trapped in the house due to a blizzard.  Got hooked immediately.

I put in a ton of hours over the winter, and then about 10 hours a week when golf takes over my life in the spring.

Welcome to the club and enjoy.

MM

Total KSP newb here. :wink: I've *only* got 107 hrs in.

I find myself playing the hell out of KSP for a while, then dropping it for a few months, then coming back though. I dont see how you guys can play it every day for months & months. I like too many other games to be able to do that. I'm stuck on MGS V: PP right now. :)

4 hours ago, diomedea said:

(...), I never launch KSP from Steam but from a custom link (too long to explain reasons here). Therefore no "accurate" track of my playing time.(...)

My Steam acc says i played KSP for 17 hours only :D

13 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

There are times I am glad that I don't have an accurate count of the hours I've put into KSP.

O M K , Are you the one we should all bow to ?

14354 posts... I'll be dead before I reached that... ^_^

14 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

There are times I am glad that I don't have an accurate count of the hours I've put into KSP.

59 minutes ago, Triop said:

O M K , Are you the one we should all bow to ?

14354 posts... I'll be dead before I reached that... ^_^

There are times I regret that I have an accurate count of the posts I've put into the KSP forums.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.