When was the first time you played KSP?

How to: KSP

Hello Kerbal Students!

When was the first time you guys played KSP?

The first time I played it is in November 2015 1:00 P.M waiting for the game to download. A few dozens of minutes it downloaded but then I had to go to  my gramma's house. Later that night I played til it was 2:00 am becuase it was so good man!

When I first saw it on steam, I dismissed it as another minecraft clone but this time with rocket parts. I wasn't fussed about minecraft so I ignored it.

Kept seeing it pop up here and there though and picked it up on a sale - on first running it I had low expectations, but as soon as I was on the launchpad I was hooked GOBABYGOBABYGOBABYGOOOO!!

The very same day I viciously plundered the mod repository and never looked back :)

Think it was v.0.19 when I got it so must have been march-april 2013

June of 2013. I was on vacation in Pinetop, Arizona. We had put the kids to bed, and my wife and I were sitting around in the living room of the cabin just killing time until we went to bed. Some article or something I had read had mentioned KSP, so I decided to download it and give it a whirl on the laptop. Three hours later, my wife told me she was going to bed. An hour after that I decided that I needed to go to bed,  but not before I had bought the full version on Steam. Played it every night that week after the kids had gone to bed.

I think mid-late 2011. 0.17.x demo. Had some fun with uncontrollable SRB mountains and the amusing videos on YT (which are now sadly difficult to find because YT's search lacks a 'date published' sort or filter), then left it for a long time.

Resumed in 2013 with0.2x. Actually learned how to orbit and managed to send a few NERV ships to Duna and Eve, but I still didn't really do much with the game or design craft that could actually land anywhere or do anything interesting.

Resumed again at the end of 2015 with 1.0.4, 1.0.5 and followed up with 1.1 released. Still playing on and off in bursts. I think of all things Scott Manley's Interstellar Quest improved my standard of play, like that series was more informative than the plethora of tutorials for some reason, maybe because it presented a 'big picture' of the space program's progression.

It's certainly a game you can play rigorously, then drop for a while and return to with fresh ideas (or to finally make initial ideas work).

On 18/12/2016 at 3:54 PM, String Witch said:

It's certainly a game you can play rigorously, then drop for a while and return to with fresh ideas (or to finally make initial ideas work).

I completely agree, I tend to play on alternate patches. Didn't get very serious in 1.0.x, and seem to be sitting out 1.2.x... but 0.90 and 1.1.x were major undertakings :) 

OT: What was the last few weeks of 0.25? Back end of 2014 or 2015? I think I'd just gotten to Mun without a single mod; then 0.90 hit and wiped my career :P  But man, there were some sexy cockpits for 0.90 that still haven't resurfaced :( 

my coming to KSP

i was in science class just before school ended, an i heard someone say "kerbal space program". at least thats what i thought he said

so when i got home, i went on safari (GO APPLE!! WITHOUT HEADPHONE JACKS SINCE 2016!!!) and searched "kerbal space program" and what i found changed my life, to see my first comings to KSP, i wrote something in fanworks, poorly written, since that fateful day in april of 2016 i think, or was it may, i have become "that weird space guy" in my school, and i couldn't be happier, thank you SQUAD!

Don't remember the exact day, but a supervisor at work told me about it. I downloaded it onto my work computer and tried it at lunch. He and I became a little less effective at work from then on. Kerbal inside jokes, orbiter doodles on the backs of invoices... 

Until then, I seriously never gave any thought to why the Shuttle always seemed sideways as it got higher into it's launch. SPACE IS UP, RIGHT?!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.