[1.x.x] Kerbal Hacks: Wearable KIS Props

Enceos

On 1/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, Enceos said:

I have three unfinished models: baseball cap, captain's hat and flight cap & goggles. I'll finish those when I'm back to modding.

The *Tiny tiny tiny tiny tiniest* reminder.... ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Friznit I've managed to make it work by following this guide here: https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/wiki/Equippable-items-in-KIS-v1.15-and-higher

What I did was look the settings.cfg in KIS and switch the old entries for the new aliases in the "equipBoneName" in the Kerbal Hacks object's config.

Example: Put "aliasHead" (for example) in the "equipBoneName" line in Module section of the .cfg file of the object.

Hope it helps you :)

Edited by SPEKTRE

Hmmm, I followed that guide too and tried the same.  Still couldn't make it work.  I'll try some more.  Any chance you could share an example file please?  The one that would be particularly useful is the engineer holo tool.  That'd save me a speed trip to Jool with a just screwdriver in the cargo!

Edited by Friznit

11 hours ago, Friznit said:

Hmmm, I followed that guide too and tried the same.  Still couldn't make it work.  I'll try some more.  Any chance you could share an example file please?  The one that would be particularly useful is the engineer holo tool.  That'd save me a speed trip to Jool with a just screwdriver in the cargo!

Sure, I'll be happy to share it :)

I believe we should check with @Enceos first, to see if this is not infringing the license. Or with some of the forum moderators.

a9k07Wnl.png

Works a treat in 1.5.1 still.  Not tested in the latest version of KSP.  I'll do that now.

Edit: tested in latest KSP - all works fine.  Jeb seems to be able to use the Engineering tool to do engineering things though - maybe that's cos I'm testing in sandbox mode?

Edited by Friznit

• 4 weeks later...

Can also confirm it works properly in 1.6.1...

AOtX2db.png

LYjmgP0.png

I'll be testing the helmet interior lights on the MH suits tomorrow.

Any chance of getting a tinted helmet visor, instead of just the sunglasses? Don't get me wrong, the shades are awesome (Bill certainly loves 'em), but it just feels a little... off... when doing orbital EVA while wearing sunglasses.

14 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Can also confirm it works properly in 1.6.1...

LYjmgP0.png

I'll be testing the helmet interior lights on the MH suits tomorrow.

Any chance of getting a tinted helmet visor, instead of just the sunglasses? Don't get me wrong, the shades are awesome (Bill certainly loves 'em), but it just feels a little... off... when doing orbital EVA while wearing sunglasses.

Slick! :D

Visors/tinting are more of a texture replacer/suit pack type of deal.

19 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Aaaand field test of the MH suits with the helmet lights is... less promising.

They're kinda clipping through the helmet. :/ 

Well, considering how well they *do* work with the unanticipated new helmet design, i think it's a pretty good win for this parts pack. Will gladly put them back in my current game :) 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

What do you want to make?

Well, I was thinking Infinity Gauntlet :D

Seriously speaking, I will make anything that you want me to. Consider me an apprentice :)

11 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

Seriously speaking, I will make anything that you want me to. Consider me an apprentice :)

Wow, I not sure now...

One day i dreamed about this

May be will be better if you choose yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

... Wold totaly work for some live action shots, go-pro-style. Parachutes, breaking sound barrier on sub-orbital trajectory, riding a rocket, bathing in flames of launched rocket, exiting cockpit in flight... :cool:

Edited by fatcargo