[1.x.x] Kerbal Hacks: Wearable KIS Props

Enceos

1 hour ago, Stamp20 said:

Whenever I try to equip a head accessory, like the aviator shades or helmet lights, I get these errors in orange:

Error: Cannot find object for EVA item: bn_helmet01 for the helmet lights and

Error: Cannot find object for EVA item: bn_upperjaw01 with the aviator shades.

look at this post:  ;) (you'll need to edit the part configs, or create a new .cfg file with the below:

Some minor fixes after testing:

@PART[ARHoloVisorSingleF|ARHoloVisorSingle|AcademyHat|AviatorSunglassesDark|KHFedoraHat|KHCowboyHat|KHHardHat|HoloGoggles|MicHeadset]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
		@equipBoneName = aliasHead
	}
}

@PART[CupolaGlassHelmet|HelmetLightsWarm|HelmetLightsElectric]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
		@equipBoneName = aliasHelmet
	}
}

@PART[KHJetpackLight]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker]
	{
		@equipBoneName = aliasJetpack
	}
}

@PART[KHOmniToolOrange|KHOmniToolBlue]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	{
		@equipBoneName = aliasRightElbow
	}
}

@PART[KHWalkieTalkie]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
		@equipBoneName = aliasRightPalm
	}
}

This should work fine

On 1/26/2020 at 1:21 PM, MacLuky said:

@PART[ARHoloVisorSingleF|ARHoloVisorSingle|AcademyHat|AviatorSunglassesDark|KHFedoraHat|KHCowboyHat|KHHardHat|HoloGoggles|MicHeadset]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
	}
}

@PART[CupolaGlassHelmet|HelmetLightsWarm|HelmetLightsElectric]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
	}
}

@PART[KHJetpackLight]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	{
	}
}

@PART[KHOmniToolOrange|KHOmniToolBlue]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	{
	}
}

@PART[KHWalkieTalkie]:AFTER[KerbalHacks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
	}
}

This should work fine

added your patch, the omni tool is not showing up still. what's wrong?

Edit :

1- The orange omni is not showing up no matter what, it looks like it can't be equiped at all

2- The blue one shows up and equips, I tweaked to attach it to the left side because the right side looks not correct, take a look at image

xnejRMj.png

This is out of my capability, and I'm not sure if the model is two parts or is it combined into single model, but if it's separable, the better approach would be to hook the upper part to elbow and the lower part to the palm (would move with hand when animations are playing) right now, when the kerbal moves his hands, it really looks not correct on the hand section. Also, with new suites, I would think this needs better adjustment.

Someone should take this up and continue the maintenance with new thread I would say, someone familiar with modeling and modding at the same time

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, MacLuky said:

Where it go?

On 1/31/2020 at 8:27 PM, Jiraiyah said:

the omni tool is not showing up still. what's wrong?

Have you tried Bill? Orange is Engineer only. It works for me. Even as tool.

Not sure if they should appear before some tech.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:02 PM, MacLuky said:

** update **

can anyone test this? away from KSP:

PART[ARHoloVisorSingleF|ARHoloVisorSingle|AcademyHat|AviatorSunglassesDark|KHFedoraHat|KHCowboyHat|KHHardHat|HoloGoggles|MicHeadset]
{
	{
	}
}

PART[CupolaGlassHelmet|HelmetLightsWarm|HelmetLightsElectric]
{
	{
	}
}

PART[KHJetpackLight]
{
	{
	}
}

PART[KHOmniToolOrange|KHOmniToolBlue]
{
	{
	}
}

PART[KHWalkieTalkie]
{
	{
	}
}

On 1/24/2020 at 8:31 PM, Stamp20 said:

Whenever I try to equip a head accessory, like the aviator shades or helmet lights, I get these errors in orange:

Error: Cannot find object for EVA item: bn_helmet01 for the helmet lights and

Error: Cannot find object for EVA item: bn_upperjaw01 with the aviator shades.

see just a couple posts above.

• 2 weeks later...

@MacLuky, @zer0Kerbal

Minor question about the various MM patches that have been posted for trying to get this stuff working. Is there a reason the Module being targeted for some of the changes (ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker, ModuleKISItem) doesn't seem to line up with what is actually being used in the PART cfg (ModuleKISItemAttachTool)?

Merely curious as I've been trying to learn more about MM Patches as I figure out small tweaks I want to make for myself. I just feel like I've missed something.

Edited by Repseki
clarification

6 minutes ago, Repseki said:

@MacLuky, @zer0Kerbal

Minor question about the various MM patches that have been posted for trying to get this stuff working. Is there a reason the Module being targeted for some of the changes (ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker, ModuleKISItem) doesn't seem to line up with what is actually being used in the PART cfg (ModuleKISItemAttachTool)?

Merely curious as I've been trying to learn more about MM Patches as I figure out small tweaks I want to make for myself. I just feel like I've missed something.

IIRC - it might be because the modules changed when KIS/KAS underwent major revisions after a major KSP update.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Anubis-X said:

Hey, im having some issues with the Coupal helmet, when i click the equip button it does not do anythig, im new to the mod and i could use some help.

There could be some difficulties due to the new inventory system and how KIS now works to fit it. Are you on KSP 1.11?

35 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

There could be some difficulties due to the new inventory system and how KIS now works to fit it. Are you on KSP 1.11?

no i am using ksp 1.8.1 with compatable  KIS version

1 minute ago, Anubis-X said:

no i am using ksp 1.8.1 with compatable  KIS version.

But it may just be the mod is not compatable with my version.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

nice mod!  On screenshots it's pretty cool looking, but i have a problem: They can't be used on 1.12.4 and that's a problem. While trying to use KIS props they works, and kerbonaut actually carrying them, but with clothes... no matter what i'm doing, i just can't wear it. the CKAN says that this mod is compatible with any ksp vershion, but the game didn't think so

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 1:35 PM, Suxoy_sirnik said:

nice mod!  On screenshots it's pretty cool looking, but i have a problem: They can't be used on 1.12.4 and that's a problem. While trying to use KIS props they works, and kerbonaut actually carrying them, but with clothes... no matter what i'm doing, i just can't wear it. the CKAN says that this mod is compatible with any ksp vershion, but the game didn't think so

I have the same issue, I can carry the items in an inventory but I cannot equip the item. The right click menu shows 'equip' but nothing happens when it is selected.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 9:44 AM, Alexology said:

I have the same issue, I can carry the items in an inventory but I cannot equip the item. The right click menu shows 'equip' but nothing happens when it is selected.

Here is hotfix from Enceos i found (he published that at the top of the commentaries) https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc22t0xvycygul2/KerbalHacksKSP1.5.zip?dl=0 . This one should work, just replace files in your old mod folder with those and mod should work fine. I'm playing on 1.12.4 and this fix works well for me. thanks Enceos for this fix!

Edited by Suxoy_sirnik
My original reply looked like an advertise spam, so i decided to remove some of the "Loud phrases"

• 5 months later...