[1.x.x] Kerbal Hacks: Wearable KIS Props

Enceos

3 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Beetlecat would you please give me pictures of the kinds you want? But I must say that small helmets look awful on kerbals because of their elongated head shape.

This is the kind of thing i'm thinking of. Lots of eras and styles could work, but you're totally right, the shape of their heads could make this look *REALLY* weird.

On 21/12/2016 at 4:35 AM, Enceos said:

@Space Scumbag In the wake of two successive Star Wars movies this is a very reasonable request, especially from Mr. Yoda %)

But I don't know how to animate mesh faces yet, the cape would look static, and only usable on Kerbin with the texture replacer mod to hide the backpack.

I will be eagerly waiting for you to create one. 

19 hours ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Something like that?

0aAxFVB.png

"News from just behind the Front!  Our brave flying aces are raring to go give Jerry a damn good seeing-to!  Give 'em hell, lads!  Give 'em hell!"

2 hours ago, jrolson said:

Please make construction hard hats for the engineer kerbals.

Their work environments are so dangerous...  :confused:

I actually made them already.

Next update will be all about hats :3

ptsuiHs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like where this is going... I wonder if we could rally kerbal-centric modders and build a single composite mod that allows easy, progressive, and randomized Kerbal customization.

This way, as they progress through their career, they work their way up in the world and also dynamically use different IVA models, textures, and props depending on the situation.

1 hour ago, Electrocutor said:

I like where this is going... I wonder if we could rally kerbal-centric modders and build a single composite mod that allows easy, progressive, and randomized Kerbal customization.

This way, as they progress through their career, they work their way up in the world and also dynamically use different IVA models, textures, and props depending on the situation.

Sounds smart, but I'm having trouble catching the general idea. Would you please elaborate? )

- - -

P.S. The new KIS update is coming soon, it will have better support for parts where I use color switch. My new hats were patiently waiting for this update.

Edited by Enceos

2 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

This is a cool mod. What do you think about some props for the professions in USI-MKS? A farmer with jeans and a pitch fork. A miner with a hard hat and light.Medic could have a stethoscope ect.

I like the idea about small accessories for each profession, unfortunately I can do nothing about the garments.

2 hours ago, Enceos said:

I like the idea about small accessories for each profession, unfortunately I can do nothing about the garments.

I've started work on custom suits for the USI professions based on @Cetera's suit pack, but got distracted making portrait stat icons for @DMagic's portrait stats modlet. I hadn't even thought of doing up custom garments for IVA's for them. I'll have to look into it more.

Just a thought, is it possible to tie a prop to a profession? I had a thought for a suit for the biologist, a HAZMAT suit with a custom helmet.

Edited by PhantomC3PO
Adding content

4 hours ago, Enceos said:

2 hours ago, PhantomC3PO said:

I've started work on custom suits for the USI professions based on @Cetera's suit pack, but got distracted making portrait stat icons for @DMagic's portrait stats modlet. I hadn't even thought of doing up custom garments for IVA's for them. I'll have to look into it more.

Just a thought, is it possible to tie a prop to a profession? I had a thought for a suit for the biologist, a HAZMAT suit with a custom helmet.

You guys are awesome. Please let me know what i can do to help (if anything).

2 hours ago, PhantomC3PO said:

Currently KIS allows to restrict a prop to a skill, Engineers have a Repairskill for example. But I don't see a point in doing that, since these accessories are just for vanity.

5 hours ago, Enceos said:

TextureReplacer has some ability to do this, I created a sample pack from Scart91's suits to demonstrate it here; but I would like to expand on this further. I wanted to work on this on my own a bit, but cannot figure out how to extract the game's existing suit textures to edit.

29 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

TextureReplacer has some ability to do this, I created a sample pack from Scart91's suits to demonstrate it here; but I would like to expand on this further. I wanted to work on this on my own a bit, but cannot figure out how to extract the game's existing suit textures to edit.

Texture Replacer has enough packs of suit textures which you can edit.

Edited by Enceos

I had this mod recommended a couple weeks ago, and after playing around with it a bit, I love it!

I have one question, or request I suppose. I've looked everywhere, but one thing I cannot find for the life of me is Werhner von Kerman's nerdy black glasses. Would something like that be hard to make? Nothing fancy, not like the holo goggles. Just something like the sun glasses, but with a simple black frame and clear lenses. 

Please?  I would really, really love them for screenshots.  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.