[1.x.x] Kerbal Hacks: Wearable KIS Props

Enceos

Ok, another mod I am downloading and adding to the mix. This means I am now up to 57 mods - the most I have ever used in KSP... :confused:

@Enceos: Thanks for this - it is going to be fun. If I may ask, is there any plans to add a walkie-talkie? Sort of like those big 1970s era huge emergency services ones?

6 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

If I may ask, is there any plans to add a walkie-talkie? Sort of like those big 1970s era huge emergency services ones?

New version is coming very soon with more stuff :)

The mic headset serves the purpose of a communication device, I'll add a transmitter to it and a weak antenna. You'll be able to transmit your EVA reports on the spot. For the purpose of diversity I could make the walkie-talkie and give it a stronger antenna. It would find its niche of users I suppose.

1 minute ago, Enceos said:

New version is coming very soon with more stuff :)

The mic headset serves the purpose of a communication device, I'll add a transmitter to it and a weak antenna. You'll be able to transmit your EVA reports on the spot. For the purpose of diversity I could make the walkie-talkie and give it a stronger antenna. It would find its niche of users I suppose.

I have a fan-fic story going and I have one character who has a philosophy emerging that bigger is better and "old fashioned" is better than new.  Yeah, I would be that niche of users... :D I'd love to get into modding but am having a hard time wrapping my head around 3D animations and object drafting.

@Enceos: hahaha. As I grade exams, I leave the forum in the background. So, after a few notifications, I take a break and check them out... :D It helps me to keep my sanity. I am looking forward to using it this evening and get a few more shots for the next chapter.

You do awesome work. I am hoping to get into the 3D modeling thing soonTM so that I can put some feet to a few of my ideas.

On your asphalt tiles, can they be used to make a runway? I'm curious now...

Edited by adsii1970

It might also help if you gathered ideas from people and made a coming-soon list table in the OP of items that you plan to make in the future.

Here's a few off the top of my head:

Class Items
Pilot Captains Hat, Sunglasses, Flight Goggles
Engineer Hard Hat
Scientist Bifocals, Steam-Punk Goggles
Tourist Camera
Kolonist Chips, Soda Cup w/ Straw, VR Headset
Mechanic Wrench, Oil Can
Miner Hard Hat w/ Lamp, Pickaxe, TNT, Jackhammer
Technician Laptop, Two-Way Radio
Geologist Cowboy Hat, Bandana
Biologist Sheers, Watering Can
Farmer Shovel, Pitchfork, Straw Hat
Medic Medkit, Stethoscope
Quartermaster Clipboard
Scout Binoculars

Season Items
Spring Umbrella, Basket w/ Colored Eggs
Summer Supersoaker, Snorkel
Fall Jack-o-Lantern Helmet, Scary Mask
Winter Snowball, Santa Hat

I am having a problem - I have sunglasses and the walkie-talkie in a Kerbal's inventory. I've tried "H" and "G" but cannot get the Kerbal to either hold the walkie-talkie OR wear the glasses. What am I doing wrong?

Edited...

04VWz1u.jpg

Figured it out.

Edited by adsii1970

7 hours ago, Enceos said:

Data transmitter didn't want to work on EVA, *sighs

I tried to add a data transmitter module to the kerbal itself via ModuleManager. Even tried using EVA fuel as the resource to make the transmitter work. Still said no.
Wonder if there's something up with the EVA code so that it KSP doesn't even check for signal? Would the kerbal itself have to be made a command pod or probe?

@Enceos I think so too... Just wanted to save you a little time on the data transmitter on EVA by passing on what I found out in some experiments I was trying the other night. Pretty sure something is up with a kerbal on EVA that it doesn't even check for the comm network. Nice thing though is now kerbals are "parts" you can MM them. They use the same modules as the other parts in the game it seems. They're here if you didn't already know \GameData\Squad\Parts\Prebuilt\

BTW. Love your models. Standard issues for my kerbal engineers is your holographic multi-tool.

@helaeon Yeah, I made them run faster in my game. :) thanks to those .cfg files.

If you're using the Through The Eyes of a Kerbal mod, you'll find the visors in my next release very useful. One of the many things they'll show is an EVA Propellant indicator.

21 minutes ago, Thegamer211 said:

I found a problem with the blue omni-tool, it doesn't work at all, unlike its orange counterpart.

The blue omni tool is meant for pilots, it currently doesn't do anything, but in the next update it will have KER and MechJeb info modules on it, useful only for career players though. Or probably I should make it an equivalent of wrench, usable by everyone. I can't think of any other functionality.

Edited by Enceos

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

The blue omni tool is meant for pilots, it currently doesn't do anything, but in the next update it will have KER and MechJeb info modules on it, useful only for career players though. Or probably I should make it an equivalent of wrench, usable by everyone. I can't think of any other functionality.

I vote for KER/MechJeb.  Allowing anyone to connect parts would unbalance lots of things, I think.

On 1/21/2017 at 0:16 PM, Enceos said:

Oh, and I thought of a use for a scientist one as well: Kerbnet access.  I'd give it biome mode, and possibly Resource mode.  (But only if that doesn't give it the abilities of a surface scanner - that would make it a bit OP, in my opinion.)

• 3 weeks later...

in case anyone else is annoyed that they show up in two places when CCK is installed, this will cull them from the Utility tab (and anything else that is setup similarly to show in Utility if CCK is not installed). Props to Blowfish for helping out with the syntax

@PART[*]:HAS[#category[Utility],#tags[*cck-eva-items*]]
{
  @category = none
}

12 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Drew Kerman Good patch :)

I set the category of all props to none for the next version.

So you're making CCK a mandatory dependency? Or is there something else you're doing to show them if CCK isn't installed? I thought the current setup was fine, just needed the patch in case CCK was used. Could be modified with a NEEDS:[CommunityCategoryKit] so it's only run if CCK is installed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.