Enceos

[1.x.x] Kerbal Hacks: Wearable KIS Props

On 1/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, Enceos said:

I have three unfinished models: baseball cap, captain's hat and flight cap & goggles. I'll finish those when I'm back to modding.

The *Tiny tiny tiny tiny tiniest* reminder.... ;)

• Like 1

Anyone having any joy with this?  I assume it's suffered adversely from the KIS update that changed the body mesh syntax.  I've tried editing the configs to match the new syntax but without success.

Hi @Friznit I've managed to make it work by following this guide here: https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/wiki/Equippable-items-in-KIS-v1.15-and-higher

What I did was look the settings.cfg in KIS and switch the old entries for the new aliases in the "equipBoneName" in the Kerbal Hacks object's config.

Example: Put "aliasHead" (for example) in the "equipBoneName" line in Module section of the .cfg file of the object.

Hope it helps you :)

Edited by SPEKTRE

Hmmm, I followed that guide too and tried the same.  Still couldn't make it work.  I'll try some more.  Any chance you could share an example file please?  The one that would be particularly useful is the engineer holo tool.  That'd save me a speed trip to Jool with a just screwdriver in the cargo!

Edited by Friznit

11 hours ago, Friznit said:

Hmmm, I followed that guide too and tried the same.  Still couldn't make it work.  I'll try some more.  Any chance you could share an example file please?  The one that would be particularly useful is the engineer holo tool.  That'd save me a speed trip to Jool with a just screwdriver in the cargo!

Sure, I'll be happy to share it :)

I believe we should check with @Enceos first, to see if this is not infringing the license. Or with some of the forum moderators.

Fair call, though sharing a config example doesn't hurt as long as nothing is released publicly.  On the other hand, if I/we can fix it up, I'm sure Enceos would be happy to have the updated configs for his next release.

• Like 1

But the question is ... is it going to have an infinity gauntlet

a9k07Wnl.png

Works a treat in 1.5.1 still.  Not tested in the latest version of KSP.  I'll do that now.

Edit: tested in latest KSP - all works fine.  Jeb seems to be able to use the Engineering tool to do engineering things though - maybe that's cos I'm testing in sandbox mode?

Edited by Friznit
  • Like 2

RAsLOdsm.png

Really shouldn't let Jeb use that Engineering tool.  He's not safe with it.  Thankfully he can only do this when he's playing in his sandbox.  Serious career Jeb is serious.

Many thanks Enceos!

Edited by Friznit
  • Like 2

Can also confirm it works properly in 1.6.1...

AOtX2db.png

LYjmgP0.png

I'll be testing the helmet interior lights on the MH suits tomorrow.

Any chance of getting a tinted helmet visor, instead of just the sunglasses? Don't get me wrong, the shades are awesome (Bill certainly loves 'em), but it just feels a little... off... when doing orbital EVA while wearing sunglasses.

14 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Can also confirm it works properly in 1.6.1...

LYjmgP0.png

I'll be testing the helmet interior lights on the MH suits tomorrow.

Any chance of getting a tinted helmet visor, instead of just the sunglasses? Don't get me wrong, the shades are awesome (Bill certainly loves 'em), but it just feels a little... off... when doing orbital EVA while wearing sunglasses.

Slick! :D

Visors/tinting are more of a texture replacer/suit pack type of deal.

I'm thinking more of something that I can toggle as I cross the terminator, though.

Aaaand field test of the MH suits with the helmet lights is... less promising.

xFypvuZ.png

They're kinda clipping through the helmet. :/ 

19 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Aaaand field test of the MH suits with the helmet lights is... less promising.

They're kinda clipping through the helmet. :/ 

Well, considering how well they *do* work with the unanticipated new helmet design, i think it's a pretty good win for this parts pack. Will gladly put them back in my current game :) 

• Like 1