.90 Version PLEASE

Fryer Mike

Hey guys, I'm looking for mods for .90... I have purchased the game (on STEAM), and can barely play the game due to lag, but I know for a fact that .90 works fine on it. 

Anyways I'm looking for mods for this version including procedural dynamics. I miss the old game and I'd like to play a bit of KSP finally since I bought the damn thing.
Is there anywhere I can find this stuff? GITHUB files only seem to go back to 1.0.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have the files, but what I'm wondering is what in the world could have caused a performance drop between .90, of all things, and 1.2? 1.1 and 1.2 were, in large part, performance and optimization updates. Everyone, myself included, saw improvements across the board for both these updates. Going further back, 1.0 didn't cause a significant performance drop (as far as I remember). It seems like something very, very odd is going on on your end. You should not have better performance in .90 than in 1.2.

9 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

I don't have the files, but what I'm wondering is what in the world could have caused a performance drop between .90, of all things, and 1.2? 1.1 and 1.2 were, in large part, performance and optimization updates. Everyone, myself included, saw improvements across the board for both these updates. Going further back, 1.0 didn't cause a significant performance drop (as far as I remember). It seems like something very, very odd is going on on your end. You should not have better performance in .90 than in 1.2.

I think you're misremembering here, 0.90->1.0 saw a significant performance hit due to the more sophisticated aero and heat systems.

Both new systems can be turned off in the settings, though, which should make 1.1+ perform better than 0.90.

I think I have some mods from 0.21 on my computer, but I don't think it'd help you much since none of them are procedural parts or anything. As for the performance drop, you may have some settings that were set on low in 0.90 turned up in 1.2, and like @Red Iron Crown said, 1.0 demands a little bit more due to new gameplay mechanics.

@Fryer Mike: you may be in luck as I still keep an archive of add-ons for past KSP versions (mainly plugin ones). Have about 140 for 0.90, in all they take about 1.9 GB on my HDD. As I have no public server and no free online service will let me upload such an amount of data (apart that some add-ons have probably a restrictive license not allowing redistribution), I'm not just blindly providing them. PM me with a list of add-ons you are interested in, I'll see if they are in my archive and make them available to you.

I have these ones:

Spoiler

Advanced_Fly-By-Wire-1.5.1.zip
Advanced_Jet_Engine-2.0.4.zip
Analog.Control.1.5.zip
Better_Buoyancy-v1.1.zip
Chatterer-0.8.1.zip
Collision_FX-2.2.zip
Contract_Window-4.0.zip
Davon_Throttle_Control_systems-074.zip
DeadlyReentry_v6.4.0.zip
DistantObject_1.5.2.zip
EditorExtensions_v2.5.zip
Ferram_Aerospace_Research-v0.14.7.zip
Flight_Manager_for_Reusable_Stages_FMRS-v0.3.02.zip
Fusebox_1_3.zip
Kerbal_Aircraft_Expansion_KAX-v2.3.4.zip
Kerbal_Alarm_Clock-3.2.4.0.zip
Kerbal_Construction_Time-1.1.5.zip
KerbalEngineer-1.0.15.2.zip
MechJeb2-2.4.2.0.zip
MemoryUsage-v1.20.zip
ModuleManager-2.5.13.zip
NavUtilites-0.5_RC_3.zip
No_More_Grind-1.2.zip
PartAngleDisplay_0.3.0.0.zip
PartWizard_1.1.2.zip
PreciseNode-1.1.2.zip
ProcFairings_3.11.zip
QuickHide-v2.00.zip
Raster_Prop_Monitor-v0.18.4_Proposed.zip
RealChute_Parachute_Systems-1.3.1.zip
RemoteTech-1.6.3.zip
RKE_On-screen_Joystick_and_Fine_Keyboard_Controls-1.2.0.zip
Romfarer_LazorDockingCam_v35.zip
RPM-KSP-0.90 hotfix.zip
S.A.V.E-0.9.17-387.zip
SCANsat_v8_1.zip
SCANsat-v10.0.zip
SCANsat-v11rc5.zip
SmartParts-2.0.4.zip
SolarPanelFixer-0.1.zip
StockBugFixModules.v0.1.6.zip
StockBugFixModules.v0.1.7d.zip
StripSymmetry_1.5.zip
TacLifeSupport_0.10.2.15.zip
Throttle_Controlled_Avionics_-_Continued-2.2.0.zip
Toolbar-1.7.8.zip
Trajectories-1.1.3.zip
Waypoint_Manager-2.2.1.zip

Realism Overhaul [0.90]\
Airbags_0.4.0.zip
AmpYear_013a.zip
AmpYear_Power_Manager__Reserve_Power__Ion_RCS-V0.13.zip
CraftHistory-1.0.0.zip
ExceptionDetector-v.1.1.zip
FASA_Launch_Clamps_and_Towers-5.00.zip
GCMonitor-1.2.3.0.zip
HotRockets emissive patch.zip
HotRockets_7.9_CorePack.zip
HotRockets_Community_CFGs.zip
KerbalMass-0.9 ALPHA.zip
NEBULA_EVA_handrails_pack-1.1.zip
No_more_physicsless_parts-1.0.zip
Pilot_Assistant-1.5.4.zip
Real_Airplanes-0.14.1.zip
Routine_Mission_Manager-010.zip
ShipEffects_Sound_Mod-v0.2.0.zip
Targetron_1.4.1.zip
Tinker_Time-1.3.0.zip

EvaFuel-0.0.2.zip
NBody (active vessel orbit decay).zip
TacFuelBalancer_2.4.1.5.zip

1stPersonMode 0.0.2c.rar
HotRockets_7.25_CorePack.zip

Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2.zip
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-7-4.zip
PlanetShine-0.2.2.1.zip
TextureReplacer-2.2.5.zip

DeadlyReentry\
SelectRoot\
SurfaceLights\
TechManager\

And a pair of mine:
Contract_science_modifier.dll
EVA_ejection_fix.dll

16 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

what I'm wondering is what in the world could have caused a performance drop between .90, of all things, and 1.2?

I think it's Unity upgrade. Unity 5 player just don't run on some ancient hardware.

10 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Please don't spread misinformation. Any machine that can run Unity 4 can run Unity 5.

I saw it myself. The same PC was running 0.25 or 0.90, not sure, with great lags on minimal settings but no luck with 1.0+ on it. May be it's not Unity, but what? Don't know the exact specs, something like laptop with Atom CPU, 1Gb RAM. If I remember right, KSP 1.0 hadn't even start on it.

3 minutes ago, Ser said:

I saw it myself. The same PC was running 0.25 or 0.90, not sure, with great lags on minimal settings but no luck with 1.0+ on it. May be it's not Unity, but what? Don't know the exact specs, something like laptop with Atom CPU, 1Gb RAM. If I remember right, KSP 1.0 hadn't even start on it.

In that case, it's not Unity that's the problem. Unity 5 wasn't introduced until 1.1

13 hours ago, Ser said:

If you run the game on a PC that does not meet the game recommended spec you can not complain that it does not work.

3 hours ago, sarbian said:

If you run the game on a PC that does not meet the game recommended spec you can not complain that it does not work.

I don't complain, as you can see. I'm only describing my own observations on how the minimal platform capable of running KSP has changed.

Same thing happens with my computer. .90 runs like a dream, and 1.0 runs like a potato. 

Also thanks for the offers guys and I appreciate the help but I've decided to just get rid of the game altogether ahah... it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Edited by Fryer Mike

6 hours ago, Fryer Mike said:

Same thing happens with my computer. .90 runs like a dream, and 1.0 runs like a potato. 

Also thanks for the offers guys and I appreciate the help but I've decided to just get rid of the game altogether ahah... it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I'm surprised KSP 0.90 even starts on your computer (you said 1GB RAM earlier). Ive already learned the hard way that having bad specs to play KSP is an extremely bad idea.

If you really want to play KSP, either get a new computer that meets as close as possible the required specifications, or grab an Xbox One or PS4 and play on that without mods. (And no one complain to me that the console versions are really buggy)

EDIT: you can also try playing the game on a friend's computer

Edited by RA3236

Try changing 

UNSUPPORTED_LEGACY_SHADER_TERRAIN = False

to

UNSUPPORTED_LEGACY_SHADER_TERRAIN = True

in your settings.cfg. This really helped my i7 laptop with an Intel GPU run KSP at the 0.90 performance level. The planets will look darker in general but you'll be able to play.

On 20/12/2016 at 4:24 PM, regex said:

Try changing 

UNSUPPORTED_LEGACY_SHADER_TERRAIN = False

to

UNSUPPORTED_LEGACY_SHADER_TERRAIN = True

in your settings.cfg. This really helped my i7 laptop with an Intel GPU run KSP at the 0.90 performance level. The planets will look darker in general but you'll be able to play.

Just to warn others before doing this, THIS MAY CAUSE BUGS.

On 18/12/2016 at 1:03 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

I think you're misremembering here, 0.90->1.0 saw a significant performance hit due to the more sophisticated aero and heat systems.

Both new systems can be turned off in the settings, though, which should make 1.1+ perform better than 0.90.

What settings are these? I always get bad performance on ascent/entry.

4 hours ago, String Witch said:

What settings are these? I always get bad performance on ascent/entry.

First and foremost, dial down the reentry visual effects, they are very CPU intensive.

Second, you can switch to the old aero model in the debug menu; under the Physics/Aero tab enable "Use spherical model" and the legacy aero model will be active.

7 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

First and foremost, dial down the reentry visual effects, they are very CPU intensive.

Second, you can switch to the old aero model in the debug menu; under the Physics/Aero tab enable "Use spherical model" and the legacy aero model will be active.

Oh those effects are CPU intensive? That's surprising!

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.