Flight axis change (for lander can mk.1)

Hello,

is it possible for a part like lander can mk.1 to change the axis, which is considered as the main or flight (the pitch and yaw are also bonded to it). My problem is, that I want to use the lander can for direct flight in direction of view, but by default, it has flight axis set verticaly, and it can't be override by control from another part, when I am inside with Kerbal and using cocpit view...

Thx

if you place a controllable part on the side of the can directly on the place you want to be "front" (in line with  your view point if i understand your question correctly)  and then select "control from here" when you right click in it during flight.

a probe core, or a docking port will work

There's room above the Mk1 Lander Can to surface-attach a Junior docking port, which you can then use to select "control from here" as above. Otherwise you can use any probe core, but you'll have to use another part or a mod to surface-attach in that spot directly.  Or mount on a node as usual, then rotate with the gizmo it so the axis is how you want it

1 hour ago, AkWerk said:

Well, it does not. If I am inside the module and have cocpit view, it behaves according to the default cocpit setting - vertical axis is flying direction.

In the settings you need to turn on 'retain control point in IVA' (or something like that, can't remember the exact wording). Then it will work. 

On ‎19‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 2:00 AM, FullMetalMachinist said:

In the settings you need to turn on 'retain control point in IVA' (or something like that, can't remember the exact wording). Then it will work. 

Thx, this makes the trick!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.