Error on LV-T45 engine

Hello future astronauts! I've had an terrible fail... I was editing an engine: The  LV-T45 when I stopped messing around and I go to the CFG and I put all the normal things but ocurred something terrible...  When I was going to play again KSP the LV-T45 says that the manufacter was "Found lying by the side of the road" and also I've can't attach the engine. It even says that the max thrust was 1000! So. Can someone do a copy of the engine for KSP 1.2.0 and convert it on a ZIP? Please. Well, if you check my account it appears the same thing in the Status of my account.

Moving to Technical Support.

If you've accidentally munged a game file, generally what you need to do is to repair the game.

If you bought it via Steam, there's a "check local files" option via the Steam client, which will automatically spot the file that you munged and repair it for you-- doesn't require reinstalling the game or anything.

If you bought it via the KSP store, I think there's an option of some sort there, too, but since I haven't done that myself, not sure of the details-- perhaps someone else could chime in.

The Kerbal Space Program wiki generally provides the .cfg file contents for each part, so for example, you can see the LV-T45 config here.  Not sure how up-to-date it is, though.

In the future:  if you'd like to tweak the parameters of KSP parts, you have a couple of options to protect yourself from this happening again.  One of the simplest is to use ModuleManager, which is a very common mod that lots of other mods bundle because they depend on it.  It lets you add "patch" config, which is applied to the stock config files at run time, without actually modifying the original config files.  This has several benefits.  It means you can't accidentally munge your game.  It means if you want to undo your changes, just delete your patch .cfg file.  And if you have a set of patches that you like, they'll stay in place even when you update to a new KSP version (i.e. they don't get wiped out each time).

Snark has got the answer 100% right here repair the game. If it can't be fixed then download your purchase again to a new directory. 

All I can add is there is nothing stopping you from copying the whole game directory to another location. KSP does allow users to create multiple backups of the original game directory. Each copy of the whole game will still run in the new location. Then use MM as suggested on the copy only. Mod away till it breaks by all means. Safe in the knowledge that you have multiple backup copies of the whole game directory. 

1 hour ago, Snark said:

Moving to Technical Support.

If you've accidentally munged a game file, generally what you need to do is to repair the game.

If you bought it via Steam, there's a "check local files" option via the Steam client, which will automatically spot the file that you munged and repair it for you-- doesn't require reinstalling the game or anything.

If you bought it via the KSP store, I think there's an option of some sort there, too, but since I haven't done that myself, not sure of the details-- perhaps someone else could chime in.

The Kerbal Space Program wiki generally provides the .cfg file contents for each part, so for example, you can see the LV-T45 config here.  Not sure how up-to-date it is, though.

In the future:  if you'd like to tweak the parameters of KSP parts, you have a couple of options to protect yourself from this happening again.  One of the simplest is to use ModuleManager, which is a very common mod that lots of other mods bundle because they depend on it.  It lets you add "patch" config, which is applied to the stock config files at run time, without actually modifying the original config files.  This has several benefits.  It means you can't accidentally munge your game.  It means if you want to undo your changes, just delete your patch .cfg file.  And if you have a set of patches that you like, they'll stay in place even when you update to a new KSP version (i.e. they don't get wiped out each time).

Thanks. 

Now the engine works well! I've copy the CFG from the Wiki! And now works perfect. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.