[1.2.x] Cold War Progression - Techtree mod for KSP (v0.2.0 Alpha)

minepagan

Cold War Progression

a Techtree mod for KSP

mQD83ES.png

u9zvceS.png   AywxHTZ.png   6kZZva4.png

(artwork & download link images stolen with permission from @DiscoSlelge & @CobaltWolf, respectively)

KSP CWP aims to bring you a techtree experience that is balanced between historical and technological progression, but with a catch - you need to pick which side of the iron curtain your space program will be on! Choose wisely!

Mod Support:

Spoiler

REQUIRED MODS

• Younge Tech Trees plugin (included)
  • Module Manager (not included)

Recommended Mods

American

• Bluedog Design Bureau
  • CxAreospace
  • DIRECT

Russian

• Tantares (Old & New)
  • TantaresLV (Old & New)
  • AB Launchers
  • Tantares Fairing Extension
  • Raidernick Soviet Probes

Both/Other

• Cormorant Aeronology
  • Taerobee
  • SSTU
  • Contares
  • SSTU Expansion
  • Quarter Scale RSS
  • Airplane Plus and/or SXT
  • Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus

Supported Mods

American

• Shuttle Payload Technologies
  • MK-X

Russian

• KOSMOS
  • Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets
  • Salyut Stations

Both/Other

• SSTU Nova Add-on
  • Dmagic Orbital Science
  • SXT
  • USI Sounding Rockets
  • TAC Life Support
  • Contract Pack: Historical Progression
  • USI Life Support
  • MK4 System
  • Sigma Dimensions (for x2.5-x3.2 rescale)
  • Career Evolution Contract Pack

Licensing:

Spoiler

88x31.png

Cold War Progression Tree is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 International License.

You may share, copy, and redistribute the material in any medium or format, providing you give appropriate credit, and provide a link to the license.

You may not use the material for commercial purposes, or distribute any modified material.

Credits:

Authors:

@IronCretin

@JoseEduardo

@minepagan

Contributors:

@Daelkyr - Kerviet Flag

Click here for the roadmap!

Edited by minepagan
v0.2.0 update, baby!

• 3 weeks later...

We've finally got something remotely close to playable! The Soviet/Russian tree is basically done, however it still needs refining. We appreciate any ideas, comments, or concerns you have! The Int'l tree(s) is/are almost done as well, however the US tree is nowhere near complete. So....I wouldn't try playing with US stuff just yet :sticktongue:.

Otherwise, knock yourselves out & tell us what you think! Link to the Github in the OP!

This looks nice! Currently playing with the Historical Progression Tech Tree which also a nice one to play with.

Are you planning to include a contract pack? Combined with Tantares that would be perfect! The Historical Progression contract pack is very good, although I would be interested to see additional missions.

Anywho, keep up the good work :rep:.

2 minutes ago, Moiety said:

This looks nice! Currently playing with the Historical Progression Tech Tree which also a nice one to play with.

Are you planning to include a contract pack? Combined with Tantares that would be perfect! The Historical Progression contract pack is very good, although I would be interested to see additional missions.

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll take a look at Historical Progression contracts, but we might be able to hack something together for contracts. Also, if you'd like to try it out, you can grab the latest dev version here. No gaurantees it won't be broken, but we need playtesters to help test the balance and completion of the tree.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, Moiety said:

This is a very cool idea for a Tech Tree!

I have been looking into creating a Contract Pack that is only for the and works in a progression similar to the design of your tree and could also be used in my Historical Progression Tech Tree.

@Moiety what kinds of additional mission are you interested in seeing? I am looking to expand the available missions as of right now as well!

2 hours ago, pap1723 said:

This is a very cool idea for a Tech Tree!

I have been looking into creating a Contract Pack that is only for the and works in a progression similar to the design of your tree and could also be used in my Historical Progression Tech Tree.

@Moiety what kinds of additional mission are you interested in seeing? I am looking to expand the available missions as of right now as well!

You might want to hook up with @IronCretin, as he is in the (very)early planning stages for contracts...you guys might be able to work together to make sure it is compatible.

1 minute ago, minepagan said:

You might want to hook up with @IronCretin, as he is in the (very)early planning stages for contracts...you guys might be able to work together to make sure it is compatible.

Sounds Good! @IronCretin there is a good chance I have written many of the contracts that you would like to implement. Let's talk!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New release up on Spacedock and Github!

Highlights include:

• revamped Aero tree
  • increased & updated mod support
  • new icons & descriptions

There's one thing I don't get though.....why does everyone say this is complicated? Looks simple enough to me. :sticktongue:

screenshot16.png

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.