MKS (Kolonization) Is there a way to generate Fertilizer on a ground base e.g. Minmus?

techgamer17

In MKS, you need electric charge, mulch and fertilizer to make supplies for your Kerbals. Electric charge is easy to get using solar panels and mulch is created by kerbals. However, fertilizer is the one where i cant seem to think of a way to get other than shipping it from kerbin. 

Is there a way to get Fertilizer when on a ground base? (there is mining in KSP now but i havent touched it much as i recently started a new modded playthrough so im yet to encounter mining). Maybe certain resources can produce fertilizer, but im not sure which ones do and what machine is needed to extract and process this into fertilizer. 

This might be a noobish question but like i said i recently started a new profile with life support and therefore havent had much to do with mining yet. 

Thanks.

Edited by techgamer17

For all MKS things, you'd probably be better off heading to the MKS thread in Add-On Releases.  Or, for that matter, the wiki:wink:

To answer your specific question: Potentially.  If you can mine either Minerals or Gypsum you can convert those into Fertilizer (the ratio being better for Gypsum) in either the Crush-o-Matic or the Tundra Agriculture Support Module.

23 hours ago, DStaal said:

For all MKS things, you'd probably be better off heading to the MKS thread in Add-On Releases.  Or, for that matter, the wiki:wink:

To answer your specific question: Potentially.  If you can mine either Minerals or Gypsum you can convert those into Fertilizer (the ratio being better for Gypsum) in either the Crush-o-Matic or the Tundra Agriculture Support Module.

Thanks and i have looked at the wiki but it didnt say which drill/converter did gypsum. Ill look into the crush o matic and the tundra agricultural thing.

On 12/20/2016 at 0:12 AM, DStaal said:

Right okay now that i have those in place, i now need to produce machinery. How might i do this and what MKS stuff is required to  make machinery?

Edited by techgamer17

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.