Backspace in map view doesn't reset focus to current craft in 1.2.2?

This seems to be different from previous versions. I can't find a control for it in settings. Nor do options upon left-clicking the craft in map view the include one for switching focus, nor can it be double-clicked.

Edited by Guest

50 minutes ago, String Witch said:

This seems to be different from previous versions. I can't find a control for it in settings. Nor do options upon left-clicking the craft in map view the include one for switching focus, nor can it be double-clicked.

In 1.2.1 the default was changed from Backspace to Back Quote ( the ~ button) to avoid clashing with the default 'Abort' action group.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/1.2.1

Miscellaneous Stuff

• Update to Biome Maps for Bop, Gilly and Pol.
  • Adjust minimum FoV for enhanced mode on Roverbody and NDS to allow more zoom when landed.
  • Add Reset All Settings option to settings.
  • Add customizable binding for Editor Scroll Modifier for Zoom - default to left-command for OSX instead of left-shift.
  • Add new default binding for precision control of "Return" for OSX instead of capslock.
  • Change default camera reset binding to not clash with Abort Action group.
  • Change default eva light binding to not clash with translate left.
  • Allow mods to circumvent contract weight limits

sounds like a bug of somekind.  i would try quicksaving and loading, or also hopping to tracking station and back to see if it still wasnt working after those.  

2 minutes ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

In 1.2.1 the default was changed from Backspace to Back Quote ( the ~ button) to avoid clashing with the default 'Abort' action group.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/1.2.1

woah wat?  i need to read those more often i guess.  i could have sworn it was working for me other day

Just now, FullMetalMachinist said:

Yeah, I've found that even in small "bugfix" updates, there are at least one or two changes like this that are useful to know. I make a habit of reading the whole changelog when a new version comes out.

ill have to make a habit of doing that..

but also my backspace still shifts focus back to my vessel,  as i had to turn on ksp and test it after hearing this.

Just now, DD_bwest said:

ill have to make a habit of doing that..

but also my backspace still shifts focus back to my vessel,  as i had to turn on ksp and test it after hearing this.

Dunno. Did you perhaps start that game before 1.2.1 came out? That would cause the game now, even if it's been updated, to have your previous keybindings. 

1 minute ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Dunno. Did you perhaps start that game before 1.2.1 came out? That would cause the game now, even if it's been updated, to have your previous keybindings. 

yea i just loaded up a sandbox save i have set for when i need to go in and test something random quickly,  its an older one so i guess that would be it.  well im glad i know this now so in the future im not frustrated lol

It gets reset to backquote if you overwrite/delete/rebuild your config settings file. If you use the standard upgrade path for patch releases, then your configs will be preserved and you will still have Backspace as your camera reset -- potentially forever.

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.