We've been nominated for the Steam Awards!

Darth Badie

37 minutes ago, Alshain said:

You sure about that?

Danny2462: 150k subscribers - shows massive destruction

Scott Manley: 550k subscribers - shows space travel

Scott does more than just KSP, however, and (don't tell Danny this, but he talks and shows his face, and that generally gets people more subs) even though Danny does do a little more than just KSP, he always knows he can bounce back on KSP to get him subs. Look at his most viewed videos... After scrolling through 35 videos (all with glorious mass destruction) we reach something about Stanly Parable (what is that?) and then there is another slew of KSP videos after that.

1 hour ago, Concodroid said:

Scott does more than just KSP, however, and (don't tell Danny this, but he talks and shows his face, and that generally gets people more subs) even though Danny does do a little more than just KSP, he always knows he can bounce back on KSP to get him subs. Look at his most viewed videos... After scrolling through 35 videos (all with glorious mass destruction) we reach something about Stanly Parable (what is that?) and then there is another slew of KSP videos after that.

Scott does space games, that is exactly my point.

7 hours ago, Frybert said:

For something that's supposed to be fun, people sure seem to want to take this way too seriously.

Makes me wonder if the MTV Movie Awards had this problem.

"Best on-screen kiss? Pfft! We've made a SERIOUS DRAMA here and all they remember is that kiss!"

16 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Just cause 3, Broforce, Keep talking and nobody explodes, and Doom

Other than Just Cause 3, i haven't ever heard of the other ones.

EDIT: Well now i do. I think the two games KSP will be firecely competing with are Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and Doom

Edited by SAS123

1 hour ago, SAS123 said:

EDIT: Well now i do. I think the two games KSP will be firecely competing with are Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and Doom

But Broforce is literally blow everything up. I don't see how KSP could win against it.

17 hours ago, Alshain said:

Scott does space games, that is exactly my point.

But they are DIFFERENT space games, like Elite: Dangerous and Eve online. I watch Scott's KSP videos only, and because I like them, I subscribed. I watch Danny's KSP videos, and since he does mostly KSP vids, I also subscribed. But let's say I find another YouTuber with one or two KSP vids. I'm not going to sub to him, because he won't play KSP again after that. And so we come back to Scott. Scott basically never uploads more than 2 KSP videos back-to-back, because he has a lot of series videos going on about different games, so people will know that they can rely on Scott to deliver what they want, KSP or whatever. 

2 hours ago, Concodroid said:

But they are DIFFERENT space games, like Elite: Dangerous and Eve online. I watch Scott's KSP videos only, and because I like them, I subscribed. I watch Danny's KSP videos, and since he does mostly KSP vids, I also subscribed. But let's say I find another YouTuber with one or two KSP vids. I'm not going to sub to him, because he won't play KSP again after that. And so we come back to Scott. Scott basically never uploads more than 2 KSP videos back-to-back, because he has a lot of series videos going on about different games, so people will know that they can rely on Scott to deliver what they want, KSP or whatever. 

So you agree with me then?  You basically are just arguing my point but making it sound like you are disagreeing.

19 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I would vote if I could (I don't have steam). Why does everyone care what kind of reward KSP got? I mean.... it got a reward!!!!! for jeb's sake! That means people know about it and like it!!

It's all about image.  If you cast the game with the likes of Broforce, it demeans the actual educational value of the game and everyone views it as that game with all the explosions.  We all love this game and don't want to see it with that kind of image.  It's a wonderful game for learning about how real space travel works, it's not about the explosions.

On 12/21/2016 at 0:27 PM, Alshain said:

Those problems are inherent in space travel.  That is why they are in KSP.  But it's not about the explosions, it's about the noble challenge of space travel.  I will be doing my part in this vote to ensure KSP does not get associated that way any more than it does already.  That means voting against it I'm afraid.  I wish it were in another category.

There are people here who would argue that KSP is actually a train simulator, so I think KSP would fit in quite a few nominations, including one featuring explosions. It all depends on what you like to do in the game. KSP can be a lot of things.

36 minutes ago, cubinator said:

There are people here who would argue that KSP is actually a train simulator, so I think KSP would fit in quite a few nominations, including one featuring explosions. It all depends on what you like to do in the game. KSP can be a lot of things.

I think KSP is a tank simulator.

That gives me an idea..

hold on, I have modelling to do.
panzer vor

4 hours ago, cubinator said:

Well that's fine for them, but I'm not voting for it in a category that I think demeans the game.

7 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Well that's fine for them, but I'm not voting for it in a category that I think demeans the game.

And that's perfectly fine, everyone gets their own choice. That's what voting's for, right? :) 

On 12/22/2016 at 9:15 PM, SAS123 said:

Sir or Madam, you have not seen the sheer explosioniness of Broforce.  Few things can compete with a combination of privatized American propaganda and explosions on a massive scale.

3 hours ago, KerbalSaver said:

Sir or Madam, you have not seen the sheer explosioniness of Broforce.  Few things can compete with a combination of privatized American propaganda and explosions on a massive scale.

I know what the game seems like, i just dont think it will win unless there are multiple steam awards

On 12/23/2016 at 11:29 AM, Alshain said:

So you agree with me then?  You basically are just arguing my point but making it sound like you are disagreeing.

I'm not going to continue to reply, but I have 2 points-

1- Scott does more than just play games, B/C he talks about stuff like the Event Horizon and EM drives.

2 - Scott uploads more videos, so he would naturally have more subs.

Point number 1- Space 'nerds' would sub to him B/C they know that he knows what he's talking about. He also plays numerous other games, so he will have subs from their communities too.

Point number 2- Scott has uploaded 1,647 relatively humorous videos, and that looks humongous compared to Danny's hilariously funny 125.

HOWEVER, Scott gets an okay 343 subs per vid, but Danny? Danny gets a whopping 1171 subs per vid. See my points?