We've been nominated for the Steam Awards!

Darth Badie

Looks like tough competition with explodey games like Just Cause 3 for that award. 

KSP better get the award, an explosion here is more than just pretty to look at- it's expensive and dangerous!

Ugh, stupid category.  There are at least 3 other categories that would be a better fit for KSP.  I'm refuse to vote to make KSP the winner of the "Exploshuns r kool." category, it's demeaning to this game.  The game is about space travel, not gratuitous pyrotechnics.

It should be nominated for the The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award or the The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award.

Edited by Alshain

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Ugh, stupid category.  There are at least 3 other categories that would be a better fit for KSP.  I'm refuse to vote to make KSP the winner of the "Exploshuns are kool." category, it's demeaning to this game.

Demeaning to the game?

a lot of Kerbal things are related to the "exploshuns are kool " category.

You see something like a Space X launch failure, and some people will say, that it was a very "Kerbal" thing to happen.

Heck, a selling point of this game is building rockets, and watching them blow up till you get it right.

Just now, V7 Aerospace said:

Demeaning to the game?

a lot of Kerbal things are related to the "exploshuns are kool " category.

You see something like a Space X launch failure, and some people will say, that it was a very "Kerbal" thing to happen.

Heck, a selling point of this game is building rockets, and watching them blow up till you get it right.

Those problems are inherent in space travel.  That is why they are in KSP.  But it's not about the explosions, it's about the noble challenge of space travel.  I will be doing my part in this vote to ensure KSP does not get associated that way any more than it does already.  That means voting against it I'm afraid.  I wish it were in another category.

Just now, Alshain said:

Those problems are inherent in space travel.  That is why they are in KSP.  But it's not about the explosions, it's about the noble challenge of space travel.  I will be doing my part in this vote to ensure KSP does not get associated that way any more than it does already.  That means voting against it I'm afraid.  I wish it were in another category.

I guess Broforce is more deserving of the title...

But still, KSP is an amazing game, so winning awards (no matter the award!) is surely a good thing:P

Just now, V7 Aerospace said:

I guess Broforce is more deserving of the title...

But still, KSP is an amazing game, so winning awards (no matter the award!) is surely a good thing:P

I was thinking KTNE, sure it's not visual explosions, but the tense moments leading up to it, and the game is all about explosions.

An award for "explosions", but not for "educational benefit".

Typical.

Squad would do themselves well to decline it if they win.  Make a point, and probably more publicity.  Otherwise, next year they will embed more explosions in the game to assure a win!

A game where like 80% of the point is avoiding explosions nominated for the explosion award? That seems... wrong, somehow. 

If I want explosions I'll play a game where I'm making my enemies explode. I prefer to avoid exploding, myself. 

Edited by Hotaru

4 hours ago, Wallygator said:

Otherwise, next year they will embed more explosions in the game to assure a win!

Max already did that with the exploding buildings. There's no turning back now, we're in full disaster sim mode.

I found it hard to believe the Steam Awards would mean anything before seeing how arbitrary the categories are, and now it's almost certain that they don't I gotta wonder, really, what's the point?

Everyone... you've made your points. Some of you believe that the category of "The Boom Boom award" was the wrong category to put KSP in. Some of you believe that KSP has explosions, and deserves to win. Now, we must look through the eyes of a YouTuber. Who will get the most subs with a person looking for entertainment clicks on their video? Someone like Danny2462 or Nexter's lab. They have "glorious" explosions in every video. They get a lot of views because that's what KSP is at heart- a funny space sim. You make a ship, fly it around the KSC, only to crash it into the VAB and see the VAB come crashing down. It's hilarious. If I could vote, I would vote for it, because that's basically what all of us like to see- most of the time- big explosions. Kerbals jumping out of a massive explosion then glitching out and flying somewhere while spinning like crazy. I'm not saying it's the best category for KSP to be nominated in, but it certainly is one KSP might have a chance to win.  

2 hours ago, Concodroid said:

Everyone... you've made your points. Some of you believe that the category of "The Boom Boom award" was the wrong category to put KSP in. Some of you believe that KSP has explosions, and deserves to win. Now, we must look through the eyes of a YouTuber. Who will get the most subs with a person looking for entertainment clicks on their video? Someone like Danny2462 or Nexter's lab. They have "glorious" explosions in every video. They get a lot of views because that's what KSP is at heart- a funny space sim. You make a ship, fly it around the KSC, only to crash it into the VAB and see the VAB come crashing down. It's hilarious. If I could vote, I would vote for it, because that's basically what all of us like to see- most of the time- big explosions. Kerbals jumping out of a massive explosion then glitching out and flying somewhere while spinning like crazy. I'm not saying it's the best category for KSP to be nominated in, but it certainly is one KSP might have a chance to win.  

You sure about that?

Danny2462: 150k subscribers - shows massive destruction

Scott Manley: 550k subscribers - shows space travel

Let’s face it: explosions are pretty great. In a blockbuster movie they’re thrilling. In a celebration with fireworks they’re beautiful. And when they’re behind a cop putting on sunglasses they’re nothing short of glorious. These games understand the fine art of detonation.

Yep, KSP's got my vote for this one.