[1.2.2]MFD Revived 1.0.1b

jackellice

This is a mod that revives and kitbashes Hyomoto's excellent though held together by die hard fans and duct tape MFD mod.

MFD Revived is a rework of RPM to make it more usable. It has organised functions in the three main things you do. Launch, Orbital manoeuvres, Rendezvous, Landing.

Spoiler

n0QS4Ch.jpg

showcase of what a launch setup would look like in a Mk3 Capsule.

SaFHezJ.jpg

Secondary menus. an example of how this MFD organises them in each of the main categories on the top row when you click them.

diPRpp0.png

Dynamic pressure bump visible on graph

YjhaWyk.jpg

Because it replaces RPM's menus any mod that uses RPM will have their displays changed to this mod when installed. Some mods create their own monitors with their own system. those won't be affected.
XS3eVNZ.jpg

A showcase of some of the plugins that work with the MFD. (Most are easy to install... some like Navutilities require you to hunt for the dll in the thread)

Reason I'm doing this:

It was such shame that Hyomoto's MFD was left more or less on the wayside and forgotten by most, making it difficult for new folks to enjoy it. Mods like this shouldn't be forgotten. It's my dream to package all of these mods together in one zip instead of having you download multiple files. but alas this is how it has to be unless I get permission to make a package. I hope my effort here will at least make it a little easier.

My long term goal is to improve the UI and create more functional menus that make use of all of untapped functions in RPM's API.

Recommended Mods:

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: If the mod comes with a module manager patch that patches RasterPropMonitor, delete it. They were made for Stock RPM's layout, not for MFD.

Installation guide:

Spoiler

1. Download and install RPM (instructions there)
  2. Download the MFD Revived Zip
  3. Unzip it.
  4. Paste in Gamedata folder
  5. Overwrite all if asked.

Download file: Github

Notes:

Spoiler

• This does modify the RPM file MD40x20.CFG file but only because I don't know how to safely not do that with module manager patches. Help would be appreciated.
  • I have permission from Hyomoto to modify and redistribute his work.They have rereleased MFD with CC BY-SA
  • Love to hear if there are any issues and what you think.
  • This isn't a pure revival. There have been some advances in RPM that MFD lacked. I've done my best to combine what RPM has that's good.

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License and a GNU General Public License Version 3, 29 June 2007

Edited by jackellice
Cleaning up title/ showcased images a little better/added license

17 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

So, THIS mod should work with this also?

The patch would have to be rewritten to fit the locations for the menus but yes it looks like it will as button G is one of the primary buttons on the top.

I'm not very skilled at module manager patching but I believe this patch should work.

@PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD]:NEEDS[notes|notesRPM]
{
    @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor] 
	{
        @PAGE[home]
        {
            @text = notes/notes_home40x20.txt
        }

//adds a button to the plugins page next to HSIL
        @PAGE[menuPlugin]
        {
            @CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
            redirect = btn7, notesRPMPage
            }
        }

PAGE
        {
            name = notesRPMPage

PAGEHANDLER
			{
                //Class name is kOS Monitor
				name = notesRPM

//Processors are named sanely
				method = ContentProcessor
                buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

//This will set the size of the kOSProcessor TermWindow object
				consoleWidth = 40
				consoleHeight = 20

//Button definitions are settable
                noteButton = 0
                downButton = 1
				infoButton = 2

//Text tint is also modifiable
                textTint = <color=#009900ff>
                textTintUnpowered = <color=#ffffff3e>
			}
			//ensures it follows the button pattern of the menu
			disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4,btn5,btn6,btn7,btn8,btn9,btn10,btn11,btn12,up,down,enter,escape,home
			CONTEXTREDIRECT
			{
			redirect = home, menuDefault
			}
        }
	}
}

I should also let folks know that you should always delete or modify the rpm patch in each mod that tries to add a new page to the display for this.

I can not understand how to install. Help me pls!

Исходный текст

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: If the mod comes with a module manager patch that patches RasterPropMonitor, delete it.

I downloaded two folders - Hyomoto and JSI. Inside other folders: Hyomoto - MFD,Patches and JSI - RasterPropMonitor,RPMPodPatches.

Which of these need to remove? Or just drop the 2 folders (Hyomoto and JSI) in GameData replacement?

Edited by Grem

On 20/12/2016 at 10:11 PM, jackellice said:

It was such shame that Hyomoto's MFD was left more or less on the wayside and forgotten by most, making it difficult for new folks to enjoy it. Mods like this shouldn't be forgotten.

I love this. You're beautiful.

On 12/22/2016 at 9:07 PM, Grem said:

I can not understand how to install. Help me pls!

I downloaded two folders - Hyomoto and JSI. Inside other folders: Hyomoto - MFD,Patches and JSI - RasterPropMonitor,RPMPodPatches.

Which of these need to remove? Or just drop the 2 folders (Hyomoto and JSI) in GameData replacement?

Hi there. Follow the instructions:

Installation guide:

1. Download and install RPM (instructions there)
  2. Download the MFD Revived Zip
  3. Unzip it.
  4. Paste in Gamedata folder
  5. Overwrite all if asked.

Nothing needs to be deleted from this mod. You do not need Hyomoto's MFD.

On 12/21/2016 at 11:55 AM, Jacke said:

I remember @Hyomoto's IVA's quite well.  Looking forward to studying and using your mod.

There are updated versions of Vessel Viewer and Engine Ignitor available.

I've updated the links to it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I haven't done Module Manager patching in a while and I'm probably wrong, but at some point I made my own custom MFD pages and used MM to replace the originals instead of overwriting the mod files. Here's the code:

@INTERNAL[*]:HAS[@PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD]]:FINAL
{
	@PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD],*
	{
		@name = your_new_name_here
	}
}

So take the base file "MFD40x20.cfg" as you did and copy it and make your changes. But you can rename it and replace the first line "name = RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD" in your file with your own name. For example, I used "your_new_name_here" in the code above.

Ok, ok, I had to try it out, so here for instance I modified your file with a new "name=": https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67267813/MFD40x20-Jackellice.cfg
and then added a MM patch file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67267813/Jackellice-basic-patch.cfg

I put both in your "Jackellice/MFD" directory, and then moved your file "MFD_Revived.cfg" into that directory as well. Everything seems to work, and you don't have to write into the JSI mod folder at all. Hope this helps - and thanks for working on this mod!

I have a suggestion/request: Would it be possible to use the Trajectories API to display a projected landing point when suborbital? Looking at the API, it looks you can retrieve an orbit from it

Edited by dlrk

On 1/13/2017 at 5:10 AM, dlrk said:

I have a suggestion/request: Would it be possible to use the Trajectories API to display a projected landing point when suborbital? Looking at the API, it looks you can retrieve an orbit from it

Trajectories is now part of MechJeb correct?

a handler would have to be made to handle it. If Mechjeb exposes those values, it should be possible. Might require a dll though.

On 1/5/2017 at 8:09 PM, Agustin said:

Which command pods are the most beautiful when using this? Any parts mod suggested? Picture 4 is awesome. It has many mini panels.Which command pod is that?

that is:

On 1/8/2017 at 5:05 AM, ZeroReactivity said:

So I haven't done Module Manager patching in a while and I'm probably wrong, but at some point I made my own custom MFD pages and used MM to replace the originals instead of overwriting the mod files. Here's the code:

@INTERNAL[*]:HAS[@PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD]]:FINAL
{
	@PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD],*
	{
		@name = your_new_name_here
	}
}

So take the base file "MFD40x20.cfg" as you did and copy it and make your changes. But you can rename it and replace the first line "name = RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD" in your file with your own name. For example, I used "your_new_name_here" in the code above.

Ok, ok, I had to try it out, so here for instance I modified your file with a new "name=": https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67267813/MFD40x20-Jackellice.cfg
and then added a MM patch file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67267813/Jackellice-basic-patch.cfg

I put both in your "Jackellice/MFD" directory, and then moved your file "MFD_Revived.cfg" into that directory as well. Everything seems to work, and you don't have to write into the JSI mod folder at all. Hope this helps - and thanks for working on this mod!

Very cool. I've been busy with Elite Dangerous. I'll have a look back at this from time to time. Thanks for creating the patch file!

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Wheres the download? when i go to the "Download" link all it shows is source

It's the source code zip that you have to download.

But I do recommend that the dev makes a proper release on github to avoid confusion in the future

Edited by Galileo

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I have a big issue with de IVA and I request a help, because I can't fix it by myself.

My navball don't work (in any command pod),  when I turn it on in MFD. Retrograde and other symbols moves as usual, but the navball don't move at all. But if I will look at the planet (aircraft in a space), my stock KSP navball will move, so the stock navball works well. And after I look outside, and then inside - MFD navball will work a few seconds and then freeze, until i'll look outside again. I've reinstalled mods many times, also I've changed its versions, but It didn't help. The only I've not done, it is changing KSP versiong to older one. For now I have KSP 1.11. 

Could you please help me ? If needed, I can put here a changelog.

@iGGin I dont remember exactly what this mod does, or why it existed. However, if you read the OP, it seems to *replace*, or at least modify RPM.

I dont see off hand, any difference in the MFDs from the screenshots in the OP, to the current version of RPM.

I would remove this mod, and then install the current version of RPM Adopted, from this link. See if it does everything MFD Revived does.

and an FYI for @JonnyOThan ... As I said above, I dont remember exactly what this mod does... I dont know if its already been integrated or whatever into RPM at some point, but i figure you would be the best person to look and see, and if this mod has some features NOT in RPM at this point, and if it *does* have something worth while that RPM doesnt, mebbe look and see if it is worth integrating? vOv

15 minutes ago, iGGin said:

@Stone Blue

Well, it works on 1.8.1 at least. Thank you for reply.

Good to know.

Are you *on* 1.8.1?
even if you are, might be good to install RPM Adopted. JonnyO adopted it sometime after 1.8.1 released, but before 1.9.1...
So, both the original RPM, and his Adopted version both work in 1.8.1 (at least the first release of Adopted (not sure about subsequent ones))... so might be good to try RPM Adopted anyway ;)

4 hours ago, iGGin said:

I have a big issue with de IVA and I request a help, because I can't fix it by myself.

My navball don't work (in any command pod),  when I turn it on in MFD. Retrograde and other symbols moves as usual, but the navball don't move at all. But if I will look at the planet (aircraft in a space), my stock KSP navball will move, so the stock navball works well. And after I look outside, and then inside - MFD navball will work a few seconds and then freeze, until i'll look outside again. I've reinstalled mods many times, also I've changed its versions, but It didn't help. The only I've not done, it is changing KSP versiong to older one. For now I have KSP 1.11. 

Could you please help me ? If needed, I can put here a changelog.

I don't know what this MFD Revived mod is, but the problem you describe was caused by a change in KSP 1.10.  The later versions of my fork of RPM fix this issue and will work for any version of KSP 1.8-1.11.  Release thread is here: 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.