Coherent Resource System 0.2.0

zekew11

l1fVXPi.jpg

Coherent Resource System: Development Thread

Coherent Resource system's first phase - Coherent Fuel System - intends to replace Ore as a means of offworld fuel production with believable resource chains built through the Community Resource Pack. The eventual goal is to eliminate all need and use for stock ore, while providing more opportunity for ISRU than originally existed. 

Flowchart of Planned Resource Chains:

3DC0b8t.jpg

Implemented to Date:

Summary: With both USI - MKS and USI - Core installed (and community resource pack - forever a hard dependance), one can use Electrolysis, Sabatier (LF), Anaerobic Digestion, and Polymer Refinement with sufficient ease that I'm using the mod on my fun save.

Independently Mod Added CRS Extending Mod CRS Extending Stock
H20 Extraction USI   Done
CO2 Extraction   Done(USI) Done
Mulch/Organics/Supplies Creation USI, TLS, various    
Polymer Creation USI    
Hydrate Extraction USI   maybe?
Metalic Ore Extraction USI   planned

Anarobic Digestion     Part Added
Electrolysis     Done, needs cryotanks or similar for storage
Sabatier (M)     Pending methane engines
Sabatier (LF)     Done
Polymer Refinment     Done
Polymer Infusion   planned  
Metal Fuel Cooking   planned  

Complete Change List - 0.1.0

• Adds defs for crustal lqdCO2. Particular concentration on Minmus, Duna Poles, Duna, Vall, Eelloo. Submitted as pull request to CRP.
  • Adds to CRP defs for crustal water, adding higher concentration on Minmus, Vall, and Eelloo
  • Adds Polymer Refinement, Electrolysis, and Sabatier Reaction to both stock ISRU converters. Removes ore processes.
  • Adds LqdCO2 and Water Extraction to stock drills. Removes Ore extraction.
  • Adds Lqd CO2 OR Water OR Lqd Methane Capacity to stock Ore tanks via B9 Part Switch
  • Adds lqdCO2 capacity to most Kontainer tanks from USI Core
  • Adds lqdCO2 drilling to USI MKS drills
  • Adds 4 Parts
    • 3 phase exchangers. exchangers feature dump functionality for dumping unwanted resources (for instance if using electrolysis for oxidizer only).
      • Hydrogen <=> Lqd Hydrogen
      • Carbon Dioxide <=> Lqd CO2
      • Oxygen <=> LOX <=/=> Oxidizer where oxidizer/lox conversion is not lossless
    • Anaerobic Digester with associated process. I'll come back to that hideous texture one day I promise.

Download 0.2.0 Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)

Changelog:

Spoiler

• Removed Ore from stock drills and converters
  • Added methane production to stock ISRU
  • Added CO2 & Water extraction to stock drills
  • Added B9 Part Switch configs to Ore tanks to allow them to hold LqdCO2 OR Water OR LqdMethane

• Alpha Release

Edited by zekew11

13 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

Beautiful, but I have a little question. Will this be compatible with the ISRU from Interstellar Extended? 

The focus up to release will be on explicit compatibility with the USI suite and a baseline ability to plug and play stock. That said, I'll definitely do my best to avoid hard incompatibilities (they really shouldn't happen - I add things), and after the content is done I'd be happy to look into explicit support. I personally don't play with interstellar, so communication about what works/ doesn't work in that context would speed things greatly.

• 4 weeks later...

This looks great, I want to use it.

I am playing Galileo Planetary Pack with a lot of mods.  I am wondering if I would be able to find these planetary resources on the GPP planets? or do the planets need their own definitions?

Thoughts on Kopernicus support?

1 hour ago, Liquid5n0w said:

I am playing Galileo Planetary Pack with a lot of mods.  I am wondering if I would be able to find these planetary resources on the GPP planets? or do the planets need their own definitions?

Thoughts on Kopernicus support?

One of the new dimensions of Galileo's Planet Pack is making the resource system more immersive. Ore is not omni-present and every resource involved in USI and (I believe) Kerbalism has or will have a config. Some are increasingly rare on a given world, some are increasingly common. If you find that any mineable resources (especially outside of USI) are or might be missing, I will prepare them for the nearing update for Galileo's Planet Pack. Just call their names here, and what forms (crustal, oceanic, atmospheric, exospheric) they are available in for extractor parts.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

One of the new dimensions of Galileo's Planet Pack is making the resource system more immersive. Ore is not omni-present and every resource involved in USI and (I believe) Kerbalism has or will have a config. Some are increasingly rare on a given world, some are increasingly common. If you find that any mineable resources (especially outside of USI) are or might be missing, I will prepare them for the nearing update for Galileo's Planet Pack. Just call their names here, and what forms (crustal, oceanic, atmospheric, exospheric) they are available in for extractor parts.

Oh, so this mod should work fine with GPP as it piggybacks on the resources from USI?  I'm already using USI and have yet to start my offworld bases.

@Liquid5n0w That's right. Whether you're on a stock or mod planet is not important. If you're interested, there will be a config or more (if I can get it working again) that follow the intentions of this thread: remove all modules from the stock drills and ISRU and add MetallicOre modules to them. In the meantime you may try out Karbonite for fuel mining. (It's roughly as simple to process as Ore but is more versatile and isn't used to refine into everything else under the Sun.)

@zekew11 when you return I don't mind donating what I can (such as my stock module purge and stock ISRU new modules) to help this mod's growth. And I wonder what your plans, if any, for Karbonite are.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
need to find the dependency for my stock converter remover cfg

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, b0ss said:

Hey this looks absolutely great! Definitely gonna check it out

Right now its a little rough around the edges and in no way guaranteed compatible with 1.4.1. Once MKS and Cryogenic Rockets are both updated to 1.4.1, and I get a chance to update Liquid Methane, and I get a chance to essentially re-write this mod to use patch manager and make various other improvements. Then there will be a 1.4.1 pre-release :)

6 hours ago, zekew11 said:

Right now its a little rough around the edges and in no way guaranteed compatible with 1.4.1. Once MKS and Cryogenic Rockets are both updated to 1.4.1, and I get a chance to update Liquid Methane, and I get a chance to essentially re-write this mod to use patch manager and make various other improvements. Then there will be a 1.4.1 pre-release :)

The USI mods are typically ready for the next release of KSP before it arrives. RoverDude still works for Squad and he just does not update his thread titles anymore.

I'm also waiting on Nertea's CryoEngines to update in order to release mods, and I've been throwing many glances in the general direction of your Methane mod recently.

35 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The USI mods are typically ready for the next release of KSP before it arrives. RoverDude still works for Squad and he just does not update his thread titles anymore.

I'm also waiting on Nertea's CryoEngines to update in order to release mods, and I've been throwing many glances in the general direction of your Methane mod recently.

The good news is that the methane mod is mostly working now that B9 part switch is up to date. The bad news is that It'll be a week until I'm home to really work on things. Posting over there now...

• 4 weeks later...

I was working on a similar add-on until I found this. This looks great! (And much better than what I have come up with so far)
There are just a few things that I would like added/different, and I can change most of that with a few simple patches of my own. So I was thinking of making this mod a dependency of my add-on instead of doing double work. :) I however use Simple Construction and need to mine ore. Would it be possible for you to change your config (these lines in Stock Drills.cfg: )

!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester] {}

so it doesn't remove ore when a mod like Simple Construction is installed?

On 4/25/2018 at 12:48 AM, boribori said:

I was working on a similar add-on until I found this. This looks great! (And much better than what I have come up with so far)
There are just a few things that I would like added/different, and I can change most of that with a few simple patches of my own. So I was thinking of making this mod a dependency of my add-on instead of doing double work. :) I however use Simple Construction and need to mine ore. Would it be possible for you to change your config (these lines in Stock Drills.cfg: )

!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester] {}

so it doesn't remove ore when a mod like Simple Construction is installed?

In the upcoming update, 1) I will switch to a new resource harvester module that will make removals like this unnecessary and 2) I will use patch manager to make the changes this mod applies highly configurable. If you want to talk about potentially collaborating shoot me a PM.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.