how you remember all those action group does?

omelaw

18 hours ago, omelaw said:

We should memorize all these action group to know what they do as there is no menu to show it in flight, isn't it?

You can define 10 action groups.

If you are incapable of remembering just ten action groups that were set up BY YOURSELF, then you are also incapable of remembering the 4097 other factoids relevant to your spaceship and its mission. You should then not be playing KSP, but rather tic-tac-toe.

Edited by MarvinKitFox

1 hour ago, MarvinKitFox said:

If you are incapable of remembering just ten action groups that were set up BY YOURSELF...

I'm perfectly willing to admit that I cannot always remember the action groups I have set for a vessel, considering I may have designed, built, and launched it months ago.  There are other people that have had saves running for years.

Forgive us for not remembering every single action group on hundreds of different types of vessels.  Not all of us have the unfallible minds of gods such as yourself.  But then, if your powerful mind managed to overlook such a tiny little fact as that, maybe you should be playing tic-tac-toe yourself?

5 hours ago, MarvinKitFox said:

If you are incapable of remembering just ten action groups that were set up BY YOURSELF

the problem isn't remembering the groups for your most recently launched craft, it's remembering the groups on craft launched months ago.

When playing with mods I use the B9 infodrive quite a lot, it' just a part that lets you write a set of definitions for the action groups and then view them when in flight.
But in pure stock it is something that's lacking, if we had the same sort of functionality as the B9 infodrive provides as a module on command pods it would be really helpful. 

I use a "standard" setup when I played.

For planes:
1 = toggle engines
2 = toggle engine mode
3-9 = available
9 = JATO or retro rockets (if equipped)

For rockets
1 = toggle (solar panels on lander) or (fairings) and jetisson LES (this is typically done between stage 1 & 2. Before or during circularizaiton burn)
2-9 = available
abort = shut-off all capable stack engines, fire LES, activate pod decoupler. Once clear of the doom train, I hit he staging key until my chutes are armed.

During a rocket launch, if I had enough power on my lander, i would power land my lander back on kerbin with chutes at the ready if needed. I liked baking failures in my launches to test my abort skills fairly often.

My spacecraft aren't so fancy as all of yours, so I generally only use the first three:

1 is always solar panels (because they are important!)

2 is usually antennas

3 is usually ladders

Everything else is free, but I don't really use them anyway.

1 is always reserved for solar panels and I toggle engines with the number which represents how many of them there are. If there are 4 engines, then it's the Action Group 4. If there are 6 to turn on and off, then it's number 6, and so on. I do the rest manually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.